Karam se Hazor of Megrab
- Main Page; Griffin Island
The Red Sands Horse Archers, is one of the elite units of the Nehrim Satrapy, part of the Eliem cult's specialized forces. Karam, a simple potter's son from the shining jewel that is the metropolis Megrib, joined at a mere 15 years of age. He had always known that he would join the cult of the Sun's Bowman and the isolated temple of Bal Azar is a mere two week's travel from the city.
He served first as a mounted archer, fighting many wars against the enemies of the Satrapies, before he retired to the temple as one of the Chosen Bright. Still a man in his prime, he was beginning to take a greater interest in the teachings of the prophet who gave the temple it's name, and he took lessons from the wise men and learned priests in the religious community. He learned that in a distant past, many generations ago, the temple had kept a unit of giant hawk riders but the birds had died out, but also that there was rumoured to be island to the north where they could still be found.
Karam then spoke to his High Priest and asked leave to go so he could bring back hawks and eggs for the glory of Eliem. After a night of silent prayer, this wise man agreed and wrote introductory messages to take to the kings and priests of the island and supplied him with fur-lined pouches to keep the eggs warm and safe.
Karam was given some further instructions before he set off the very next day, and before the year was out he arrived in Promares to look for a ship.
- Name: Karam se Hazor
- Race: Human
- Social Condition: Poor Horse Archer
- Sex: Male
Str: 14, Con: 13, Siz: 11, Int: 12, Pow: 17, Dex: 14:, Cha: 12.
- Hit Points: 12 11
- Total Fatigue Points: 27
- Total Magic Points: 17
- Damage Bonus: +1D4
- Experience Bonus: +6%
- Current Fatigue: 27 - 16 (equipment) = 11
- Current Magic Points: 17 = 15
- Active Conditions:
- Communication: +6
- Bargain (5%): 11%
- Command (5%): 18%
- Etiquette (5%): 11%
- Fast Talk (5%): 11%
- Perform (5%): -
- Persuade (15%): 43%
- Status (15%): 25%
- Teach (10%): 50%
- Language [Megri] (INTx5%): 71%
- Language [Trade] (INTx3%): 45%
- Language [Zaring]: 33%
- Manipulation: +7
- Art (5%): -
- Craft  (5%):
- Fine Manipulation (5%): 12%
- Repair  (15%): 22%
- Sleight of Hand (5%): 12%
- Mental: +5
- Appraise (15%): 33%
- First Aid (30%): 45%
- Gaming (INT+POW): 28%
- Literacy (Megri): 66%
- Strategy (01%): 8%
- Knowledge (Sun Pantheon) (01%): 84%
- Perception: +6
- Insight (5%): 14%
- Listen (25%): 52%
- Navigate (10%): 22%
- Sense (10%): 16%
- Spot (25%): 68%
- Track (10%): 34%
- Physical: +6
- Boating (05%): 15%
- Climb (40%): 55%
- Dodge (DEXx02%): 59%
- Hide (10%): 16%
- Jump (25%): 51%
- Ride (5%): 86%
- Stealth (10%): 33%
- Swim (25%): 31%
- Throw (25%): 35%
- Magical: +11
- Summon (Sun Pantheon Spirit)
- Worship Hilme
- Hilme's Gift (MPs for HPs)
Hit Points and Armour
|Location Name||Armour types||A.P.||H.P.||Current||Enc.||Melee||Missile|
|Left Arm||Soft Leather, maille||7||4||4||1.35||16-18||18-19|
|Right Arm||Soft Leather, maille||7||4||2||1.35||13-15||16-17|
|Chest||Soft Leather, maille||7||5||5||2.7||12||11-15|
|Abdomen||Soft Leather, maille||7||4||4||1.35||09-11||07-10|
|Left Leg||Soft Leather||1||4||4||0.7||05-08||04-06|
|Right Leg||Soft Leather||1||4||4||0.7||01-04||01-03|
- Total Hit Points: 11
- Current Hit Points: 9
- Total Armour ENC: 9.65
Weapons and Shields
- Combat Bonus +7
|Weapon/Shield Name||Damage||S.R.||A.P.||Attack %||Parry %||Range||Enc.||Attack Check||Parry Check|
- Total Weapon ENC: 5.5
- Name: Dusk
- Breed: War Pony
Str: 29, Con: 13, Siz: 26, Int: 4, Pow: 10, Dex: 11.
- Damage Bonus/Minus: +2d6
- Move Rate: 12
|Location Name||Armour types||H.P.||A.P.||Enc.||Location|
- Total Hit Points: 20 HP
- Attack Bonus: +8%
|Rear and plunge||2d8+2d6||3||33%|
- Listed above.
- Quiver of 10 arrows
- Soft leather, all except head
- Ancient fine maille hauberk, arms, chest, abdomen
- Special Items on person: Letters of introduction, Holy Sun symbol.
- Standard survival gear on horse: bedroll, water skin, fire starter, rope, ritual implements, fur lined pouches, bundle of 20 arrows, oats to bribe Dusk, rations for two weeks.
- 3 ounces of gold (@ 20 silver)
- 33 ounces of silver.
- a gold chain with a set amethyst (924 sp)
- Ransom: None
- Various odd loot to be analyzed and divided.
- Investments etc
- 30 javelin heads @ 5 silver with Jabal.
- Alhai Maruk is the Satrap of Megrib
- Karam doesn't eat bird meat
- Sent a letter to Bal Azar, expecting a reply in a couple of season to a year. http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?p=12405408&posted=1#post12405408 Posts 185,186. Got a reply that basically says he's free to do what he wants.
- Has used a 2 point POT 5 magic weed potion for CON.
These use a simple D100 roll and only fail on a 96+
- Firearrow 1d6 damage per MP spent up to 4. Replaces normal damage and cannot impale or critical.
These use the Knowledge (Sun Pantheon) skill, and take longer to use.
- Hilme's Gift - Costs d6 hp for 2d6 mp in a holy, sanctified spot with an appropriate setup and ritual. In the wilds, it'd just be 1d6 hp for 1d6 mp.
Plot Points for a GM to abuse
- Looking to get some hawks
- Has started thinking about a slave child or apprentice
- Main Page; Griffin Island