Mass Effect Transcendence/Mission Statement
 Penumbra Securities' Mission Statement
Penumbra Securities is a private security and personal protection firm. As a small, highly-specialised outfit, we focus on low-volume, but high-value clients who require precision and discretion. We provide the following services:
- Asset protection.
- Close personal protection.
- Extraction/exfiltration from conflict zones.
- Exploration and reconnaisance
- Security consulting.
- Hostage negotiation and rescue.
- Paramilitary training.
- Military logistics
- Kidnapping and ransom insurance
Upon request, we may also provide additional, value-added services beyond those outlined above.
Penumbra will not willingly engage in, nor agree to contracts consisting of activities which are illegal under the laws of Citadel space. These include (but are not limited to):
- Slavery and people-trafficking.
- Extortion, kidnapping and ransom.
- Smuggling, including trafficking proscribed lifeforms, narcotics and gun-running.
There are many security companies operating in Citadel space and beyond providing many of the same services as Penumbra. However, what many of those other organisations lack is the strong ethical principles which guide how we do business. Our brand and reputation are based upon the fidelity with which we operate. A contract with Penumbra provides peace of mind that you will not be
Penumbra Securities prides itself on upholding a strict code of ethics which outlines our obligations and informs the kind of work we take on, and guides how we interact with clients and other parties.
Our first obligation is to our clients:
- Once a contract is negotiated and signed, we will stick to those terms until it's completion.
- We will not renege on the contract if offered a higher fee or better terms by a third party.
- We will not attempt renegotiate for more favourable terms once a mission has been undertaken.
- We will not attempt to hold the client or their associates hostage in order to seek better terms.
- Worthy causes may be taken on at a reduced fee, or even pro bono if deemed appropriate.
Our second obligation is to our investors:
- Dividends and other returns on investment will always be paid on time and in full.
- The company's assets will be stewarded and protected to the best of our ability.
Our third obligation is to our employees:
- We aim to protect the lives of our employees to the best of our ability, keeping non-groundside crew out of harm's way.
- We do not expose groundside crew to unnecessary danger and will not abandon them in conflict zones.
- In the unfortuate event of the death of an employee in a conflict zone, all efforts will be made to recover their remains to be passed on to their next of kin.
- Full insurance and life assurance cover, healthcare and pension benefits are available to all employees.
Our fourth obligation is to our subcontractors and suppliers:
- We always honour contracts to the price and terms agreed.
- We always pay on time and in full.
- We do not attempt to extort or threaten for more favourable terms.
Our fifth obligation is to society as a whole:
- We aim to minimise collateral damage both in terms of harm to non-combatants and destruction of property.