SoF Exalted/Mortal Thaumaturgy
The collection of magical schools referred to as Thaumaturgy do not use Essence (usually), but natural laws and pacts to achieve amazing things. While this is slower and more narrowly focused than the Essence-using magics of the Exalted, the use of natural laws means that it can sometimes achieve effects which more tightly bind the actions of powerful beings.
The base Power for all Thaumaturgy is Ritual Power, representing a slower, more process-driven means of eliciting effects than the reality-breaking Essence manipulation of the Awakened and Exalted. Anyone wishing to use Thaumaturgy purchases the Ritual Power Advantage, which grants them 5 "ritual points" for every AP spent on it with which to purchase other Powers.
While all Thaumaturges can use the General Formulas school, most are otherwise focused on one other school as their primary one. Very few have the dedication and skill to master multiple schools.
All uses of Craft Power Item with Thaumaturgy are capped at Potency 4. Anything with a greater Potency requires Sorcery, which is beyond the ken of un-Awakened mortals.
Note that mortals without an Awakened Essence may only purchase the Delayed Power modifier.
Each school of Thaumaturgy is a different field of learning, and thus requires it's own Power Aspect. They also use different Affinity Abilities, which are listed with them. Each has a collection of Powers which are accessible through that school.
General Formulas (Knowledge):
- Augmented Movement
- Breathless (Water-breathing)
- Power Tricks
Alchemy (Craft): Craft Power Item (required for all Alchemy powers). Which then allows the following Powers to be put into balms/salves/potions etc:
- Enhanced Hearing/Senses/Sight/Smell
- Transmute Matter or Energy
- You can use Empathy to make Assessments about a person's supernatural nature and destiny
Biomancy (Craft): Craft Power Item (required). Enabling: ?
- Animate Dead
- Astral Doorway
- Astral Perception (to see ghosts and immaterial undead)
- Barrier (against undead)
- Repel Creature (Undead)
- Sense (Undead)
- Summon Creature (Undead)
Demon Summoning (Deception):
- Astral Perception (to see demons)
- Barrier (against demons)
- Repel Creature (Demons)
- Sense (Demons)
- Summon Creature (Demons)
Elemental Summoning (Reasoning):
- Astral Perception (to see elementals)
- Barrier (against elements)
- Repel Creature (Elementals)
- Sense (Elements)
- Summon Creature (Elementals)
- Craft Power Item
- Imbue Armour or Shield
- Imbue Weapon, Sense
- Influence Thoughts
- Barrier (Animals and plants)
- Influence Thoughts (Animals and plants)
- Repel Creature (Animals and plants)
- Summon Creature (Animals and plants)
Spirit Beckoning (Reasoning):
- Astral Perception (to see spirits)
- Barrier (against spirits)
- Repel Creature (Spirits)
- Sense (Spirits)
- Summon Creature (Spirits)
Warding and Exorcism (Knowledge):
- Astral Perception
- Repel Creature
- Summon Creature
Weather Working (Willpower):
- Imbue Zone Power (from the Eberron Setting Conversion)
 Enlightened Thaumaturgy
Enlightened Mortals, as a result of their Essence use may purchase the Modifier Accelerated Ritual. In addition, they can choose to take Stress on their Essence track instead of a mortal one, and their Essence Affinity Ability combines with their Thaumataurgy Affinity.
See page 201 of the SoF rulebook for more info on Ritual Power.