Widening Gyre:Main Page
Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
(The Second Coming,
by William Butler Yeats)
 The Widening Gyre
The Widening Gyre is an Exalted play by post style game on the rpg.net forums. It is a game of intrigue and kung-fu action, politics and war, of nation-building, of mortals gifted with the power of the gods, of hubris, of epic deeds, of fantastic ascents and cataclysmic falls. Most of all, it is a game about the end of the world, and the story of the five chosen to stop it.
 Player Characters
- Ashadar Shan, Eclipse caste patrician and merchant prince, played by Ashadar Shan
- Asherah, No-Moon caste savant and sorcerer, played by Asherah
- Cathak Yuusuka, Fire aspected House of Bells alumna, played by Quantum Yuusuka
- Nevenka Liana, Mortal, played by Leanansidhe
 Lapsed Characters
- Jeradin, Night caste archon, played by jeradinX
- Mnemon Orlando, enlightened mortal dynast, played by Veyd