DFA: Leylines Character 2
"I find things that don't belong and I kill them. It's good for the planet."'
River Power (fleeting)
Mark one of this condition’s five boxes to use the well of power granted to you by your mantle, as described in your stunts. Recover fully at the end of any scene in which Winter/Summer Power is unused. This condition may also be utilized to create an approach (River, respectively) with a bonus equal to the number of unmarked boxes, usable on any action using the approach. The GM, however, will exacerbate your self-described actions according to the character of the mantle, (destructive and uncaring? ) If the impact of allowing the mantle to control your action is sufficiently complicating, the GM may also treat it as a compel and award you a fate point.
Impaled by Cold Iron (sticky): (Sticky)
Impaled by Cold Iron (sticky):  If you mark In Peril or Doomed to absorb shifts from a cold iron attack, your attacker can also declare that the cold iron impales you, forcing a mark on this condition as well. While Impaled by Cold Iron, you are prohibited from accessing the mantle’s stunts or conditions. Recovery requires the implement’s removal by overcoming passive opposition (Great (+4) at minimum) or active opposition, such as during combat. This recovery does not affect any other conditions sustained during the attack.
This condition is marked if your character has disobeyed a direct command of Old Man River, violated the Unseelie Accords, or broken a law of the river. Until your atonement, all stunts and conditions associated with this mantle are inaccessible other than recovery actions if one is marked. The GM will detail the requisite atonement, such as fulfilling the command or making right the violation of the Accords.
Hell or High Water
1. Old Man River tells her to do something.
2. She sees someone dumping used motor oil into a storm drain while in the middle of rushing to get somewhere.
3. A supernatural creature I've never met already has a disagreement with me.
1. +2 to a roll that involves swimming or operating a boat.
2. +2 to use my rank to impress a local supernatural.
1. Can't drown.
2. Genus Locii absolute knowledge when in the river in terms of things in or on the river.
3. Communicate with gators and other aquatic wildlife.
Won't someone just say what they mean! - Jess is relatively new to the supernatural scene and she finds all the Fae irritatingly pedantic and doesn't have time for all these word games and stupid customs.
1. Jess accidentally offends a Fae or other supernatural creature during an interaction.
2. Jess intentionally offends a Fae or other supernatural creature when she feels they are wasting her time.
1. +2 to convince a supernatural creature that knows her that she's telling the truth or otherwise dealing honestly with them.
1. Justify using intellect to see if she knows anything about a faction or custom, since she probably screwed up a previous interaction with them.
Aquatic Biology Field Scientist
1. She has a day job, even if it has a very flexible schedule and her river powers make the work super easy probably there are duties that will get in the way of adventuring.
1. When using intellect to recall information about biology or ecosystems.
2. Use scientific equipment
1. Check scientific journals or wildlife resources
2. Conduct research or use overcome actions to learn information through measurements of biological factors
3. Guile to tag a creature to trace where it goes back to
Born and raised outdoors - Jess grew up on the river and has spent a lot of time hunting, fishing, boating, 4-wheeling, etc. She much prefers to be in the wild.
1. Perform poorly in a formal social situation.
2. Not be up on pop culture.
1. A bonus when setting a trap for a creature (like a bear trap).
2. Talk shop with good old boys.
3. When navigating outdoors using the elements.
1. Have regular access to firearms and the appropriate licenses.
2. Have gear on hand for any sort of outdoor activity the group might need.
I'm from around here - Jess grew up outside Baton Rouge, she went to school at LSU, and she's worked here her whole life. She knows people and places around town and they know her.
1. Run into an ex-boyfriend at an inopportune time.
2. Some friend comes to her about something weird they've noticed out along Old Church Road.
1. "I know who we need to talk to." - Rather than having to search for a contact, Jess just knows the person they need.
2. +2 to sweet talk a police officer into believing this strange supernatural scene is just a silly prank.
1. Recall information about locations or people with an intellect roll.
Faster, Stronger, Tougher: Mark a box of River Power to add +1 to any action in which brute strength or sheer speed is requisite.
Seelie/Unseelie Magic: Create evocations with a river theme. Requires a box of River Power to be marked. Each additional box marked provides +1 to the same magic-based action.
Magical Grounding: River magic can be used to counterspell mystical protections such as wards and defensive spells. To use the counterspell, roll an appropriate approach against an approach of the practitioner who created that enchantment. This can also be used to provide an +2 to active defense actions against evocation. (Note the term active) Mark one river power boxes when you use either of these abilities.
Anatomical Knowledge: Knowledge of physiology is applied to harm rather than heal. Once per session, when in a physical conflict with a living being whose anatomy is known to you, gain an Anatomical Knowledge aspect with two free invokes to use against them, reflective of your familiarity with pressure points, nerve clusters, and the like.
Stress & Conditions
In Peril (Sticky)