Difference between revisions of "DnD4eCM"
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
[http://cid-2f8cf7f213264374.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/DnD4e%20Combat%20Manager%20v1.5..zip DnD4e Combat Manager v1.5.]
* Added '' the
|Line 46:||Line 48:|
Revision as of 00:00, 11 November 2009
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Main Features
- 3 Current Version
- 4 Screenshot
- 5 Requirements
- 6 Version History
- 6.1 Version 1.5
- 6.2 Version 1.4
- 6.3 Version 1.3
- 6.4 Version 1.2
- 6.5 Version 1.1
- 6.6 Version 1.0
Hey, everyone! Mortaneus here.
I've been running a 4e game for a while now, and I use my laptop as my GM screen.
As such, I've spent a decent amount of time examining the various digital assistant offerings out there. I've mainly been using Virtual Combat Cards, MasterPlan, and OneNote to do what I want to do.
All are excellent offerings. However, none of them have exactly the feature set I want while running a fight. Since I prefer to fix rather than complain, I went about writing my own (being a programmer myself).
This is the result. Enjoy!
- Paste Monsters directly from the WotC Monster Builder using the Copy-to-Rich Text option
- Load PCs directly from Character Builder Files
- Shows full stat-blocks for every combatant on the main screen
- Automatically saves a library of every entered monster/PC to speed preparation
- Load and Save encounter rosters to save time at the table
- Tracks most combat data for the GM:
- Initiative order
- Hit points (including temporary)
- Power-expenditure (including recharge rolls)
- Lingering Effects
- Saving Throws
- PC hit points will no longer automatically refresh when the fight is done
- Added 'Party' Menu with new Short/Extended Rest options
- Added 'Select Current' hotkey to quickly pick the currently active fighter
- Modified hotkeys for quicker access
- Unlocked some frame-separators to allow for more customization of the main window
(accurate as of v1.4.2)
- Windows XP and later only
- Requires .NET Framework 3.5 or later (if you have the Character Builder or Monster Builder installed, you have this)
- Updated for new version of Monster Builder
- Please note that the monster-type keywords (such as Undead, Fey, etc) will be missing. The new monster builder does not include these in the Rich Text, so they will be missing when pasted to this application.
- Added support for multiple-file-select when opening encounters, and when importing from Character Builder from the Library screen. The 'CB Import' button on the actual StatBlock-edit window is still only single-file-select, for obvious reasons.
- Corrected problem when importing certain beholders eye-powers
- Negative skill totals should now correctly import without +- problem
- Fixed a problem with certain older Character Builder formats (the "(" in an XML name problem)
- "End of Source's Next Turn" effects should now properly end if the source delays
- Modified settings to attempt to account for increased system-font size (this may or may not fix the problem)
- Importing from Character Builder now active!
- (look for the CB Load button the library window and on the StatBlock edit window)
- Cleaned up the Damage/Healing number-box logic
- Second Wind and Action Point will now automatically appear as powers for PCs/Heroes
- Reworked Initiative and Damage tabs to be more distinctive
- Changed initiative and damage/heal entry boxes to be numeric up-down boxes
- Added 5 and +5 to damage/heal tab for fast values
- Added Surge and Maximum to damage/heal tab for fast values
- Removed Slay button to make room (just hit Max then Damage and it'll do the same thing)
- Added Feat line to Stat Block
- Healing Surge value will display in statblock for PCs
- Altered Ready functionality to conform to the rules (it doesn't remove from the initiative structure anymore, just marks as *Rdy*. This will clear when next turn starts, or is moved to start of list)
- Several overhauls and cleanups to 'Start of Turn' functionality
- Changing a statblock in the library will now update current combatants
- Changed 'Undo Turn' button to 'Back Up', and reworked functionality (still doesn't undo damage/healing dealt)
- Moved 'Remove Fighter' button to Initiative tab
- Removed 'Roll Initiatives' and 'Reset Encounter' buttons from main screen. They are menu options under the 'Combat' menu, and don't need to be front-and-center, since they're only accessed twice a fight.
- Added dropdown on Effect screen with pre-loaded effect names
- Effects with the name 'Marked' are now unique per target. Adding a new one will overlay a prexisting one.
- Inactive combatants will no longer prompt to recharge powers
- Reworked the Rich Text import logic for more accurate checking of what it is reading. For example, the Skeleton power Speed of the Dead will no longer get eaten by the Speed line.
- Fixed a few problems with the updating logic for the power list on the individual statblock window.
- Bloody condition will now show on equal to or less than Bloody value, rather than less than.
- Added automated saving throws (will prompt)
- Added automated power recharge (will prompt)
- Modified minimum window size to accommodate smaller desktop widths
- PCs will no longer drop to the 'Inactive' category, so that proper death save timing will be obvious.
- Fixed a crashing problem due to the new 'save notes' code.
- Effects will now automatically drop off targets if they are of the 'Until start/end' variety. (automatic power recharge, saving throws, etc are in the works)
- Changing the selection on the main list with the arrow keys now works
- Both Global and Individual notes are now saved with the encounter
- Now handles 'small font' and 'large font' format of new version of Monster Builder.
- Propertly imports skills (weren't being copied-to-RTF in previous MB)
- Properly imports and saves Immunities (weren't included in previous MB)
- Properly imports and saves Source book info (wasn't included in previous MB)
- Added functionality to Statblock display to show recharge as dice, as in standard statblocks
- Layout re-do of the Main screen
- Added Effect tracking (manual removal, currently)
- Added Power Usage tracking (also manual, for the moment)
- Added Global Notes field (not saved)
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
- Added prompt for required information on Statblock screen
- Modified tab-order on Statblock screen to account for PC checkbox.
- Corrected problem with changes on Library screen, cased by 1.2 fix: "Added edit message to prevent overwrite of other entries when changing names"
- Main Screen
- Rewrote Initiative List logic for greater consistency
- Modified XP display on Initiative list to show XP/Lvl for 5 PCs if no PCs present in list
- Added 'Inactive' section to initiative list
- Added popup-tooltips to many items
- Made 'Load Encounter' clear current encounter first, and added 'Import Encounter' to load without clearing
- Modified Reserve group to sort PCs above NPCs
- Modified HP display to show HP even on inactive targets
- Library Screen
- Added new filter to Library Window for Role
- Added edit message to prevent overwrite of other entries when changing names
- Moved PCs to top of list by adding *'s before their names
- Fixed multiselect problem between main list and add list
- Placed 'Add to Battle' buttons on top of both lists for ease of use
- Statblock Screen
- Added PC checkbox linked to 'Hero' option on Role dropdown
- Main Screen
- Changed 'Compendium' to 'Library'
- Unified Damage and Healing # field
- Removed 'Encounter Name' from main screen - was buggy and not worth fixing
- Library Screen
- Added Level-range filters
- Redid 'Add to Battle' display, added encounter XP readouts for added entries
- Added multi-select/delete capability
- Original Public Release