- 1 Introduction
- 2 Current Version
- 3 Screenshot
- 4 Requirements
- 5 Version History
Hey, everyone! Mortaneus here.
I've been running a 4e game for a while now, and I use my laptop as my GM screen.
As such, I've spent a decent amount of time examining the various digital assistant offerings out there. I've mainly been using Virtual Combat Cards, MasterPlan, and OneNote to do what I want to do.
All are excellent offerings. However, none of them have exactly the feature set I want while running a fight. Since I prefer to fix rather than complain, I went about writing my own (being a programmer myself).
This is the result. Enjoy!
- Reworked Initiative and Damage tabs to be more distinctive
- Changed initiative and damage/heal entry boxes to be numeric up-down boxes
- Added 5 and +5 to damage/heal tab for fast values
- Added Surge and Maximum to damage/heal tab for fast values
- Removed Slay button to make room (just hit Max then Damage and it'll do the same thing)
- Added Feat line to Stat Block
- Healing Surge value will display for PCs
- Altered Ready functionality to conform to the rules (it doesn't remove from the initiative structure anymore, just marks as *Rdy*. This will clear when next turn starts, or is moved to start of list)
- Several overhauls and cleanups to 'Start of Turn' functionality
- Changing a statblock in the library will now update current combatants
- Changed 'Undo Turn' button to 'Back Up', and reworked functionality (still doesn't undo damage/healing dealt)
- Moved 'Remove Fighter' button to Initiative tab
- Removed 'Roll Initiatives' and 'Reset Encounter' buttons from main screen. They are menu options under the 'Combat' menu, and don't need to be front-and-center, since they're only accessed twice a fight.
(accurate as of v1.4.2)
- Windows XP and later only
- Requires .NET Framework 3.5 or later (if you have the Character Builder or Monster Builder installed, you have this)
- Added dropdown on Effect screen with pre-loaded effect names
- Effects with the name 'Marked' are now unique per target. Adding a new one will overlay a prexisting one.
- Inactive combatants will no longer prompt to recharge powers
- Reworked the Rich Text import logic for more accurate checking of what it is reading. For example, the Skeleton power Speed of the Dead will no longer get eaten by the Speed line.
- Fixed a few problems with the updating logic for the power list on the individual statblock window.
- Bloody condition will now show on equal to or less than Bloody value, rather than less than.
- Added automated saving throws (will prompt)
- Added automated power recharge (will prompt)
- Modified minimum window size to accommodate smaller desktop widths
- PCs will no longer drop to the 'Inactive' category, so that proper death save timing will be obvious.
- Fixed a crashing problem due to the new 'save notes' code.
- Effects will now automatically drop off targets if they are of the 'Until start/end' variety. (automatic power recharge, saving throws, etc are in the works)
- Changing the selection on the main list with the arrow keys now works
- Both Global and Individual notes are now saved with the encounter
- Now handles 'small font' and 'large font' format of new version of Monster Builder.
- Propertly imports skills (weren't being copied-to-RTF in previous MB)
- Properly imports and saves Immunities (weren't included in previous MB)
- Properly imports and saves Source book info (wasn't included in previous MB)
- Added functionality to Statblock display to show recharge as dice, as in standard statblocks
- Layout re-do of the Main screen
- Added Effect tracking (manual removal, currently)
- Added Power Usage tracking (also manual, for the moment)
- Added Global Notes field (not saved)
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
- Added prompt for required information on Statblock screen
- Modified tab-order on Statblock screen to account for PC checkbox.
- Corrected problem with changes on Library screen, cased by 1.2 fix: "Added edit message to prevent overwrite of other entries when changing names"
- Main Screen
- Rewrote Initiative List logic for greater consistency
- Modified XP display on Initiative list to show XP/Lvl for 5 PCs if no PCs present in list
- Added 'Inactive' section to initiative list
- Added popup-tooltips to many items
- Made 'Load Encounter' clear current encounter first, and added 'Import Encounter' to load without clearing
- Modified Reserve group to sort PCs above NPCs
- Modified HP display to show HP even on inactive targets
- Library Screen
- Added new filter to Library Window for Role
- Added edit message to prevent overwrite of other entries when changing names
- Moved PCs to top of list by adding *'s before their names
- Fixed multiselect problem between main list and add list
- Placed 'Add to Battle' buttons on top of both lists for ease of use
- Statblock Screen
- Added PC checkbox linked to 'Hero' option on Role dropdown
- Main Screen
- Changed 'Compendium' to 'Library'
- Unified Damage and Healing # field
- Removed 'Encounter Name' from main screen - was buggy and not worth fixing
- Library Screen
- Added Level-range filters
- Redid 'Add to Battle' display, added encounter XP readouts for added entries
- Added multi-select/delete capability
- Original Public Release