Difference between revisions of "Exploring the Halls of Arden Vul: Snagwarder"
|Line 111:||Line 111:|
*Coinpurse: gem, , 4sp
*Factor (which factor):
*Factor (which factor):
Revision as of 10:14, 27 January 2022
Wiry, gangly arms and legs but surprisingly tough. Wears generally filthy clothing, covered in dust and grime.
- Good 1/1/2 Imperial Goblin / Illusionist / Thief (Miner/Prestidigitator/Apprentice)
- Alignment Goal: Help those in need at your own expense
- XP: 1395/1406/1406 (Goal: 2400/2500/2400) -10% Goblin, +5% Illusionist, +5% Thief
- Traits: Determined, Honest, Curious
- Trait Dice: 2
- Secondary Skill: Miner
- Languages: Archontean, Goblin, Brotherhood, Burrowing Animals, +1
- Strength 8 (-1)
- Intelligence 13 (+1)
- Wisdom 9 (-)
- Dexterity 15 (+1)
- Constitution 13 (+1)
- Charisma 10 (-)
- HP: 8/8
- AC: 13 (Unarmored AC: 11)
- Initiative Bonus: +1
- Bonus to reaction rolls: -
- Movement: 120' (40')
Max Cleaves: 1
- Short Sword, -1 to hit, 1D6-1, Melee
- Short Bow, +1 to hit, 1D6, Missile (5'-50' / 51'-100' / 101'-150' Two Handed
- Death/poison: 8
- Magic wands: 9
- Paralysis/Petrification: 10
- Breath Attacks: 14
- Spells/rods/staves: 11
- Hiding: 90% in Woodland, 2 in 6 in dungeons. (Included in Exploration abilities below)
- Defensive Bonus: +2 to AC when fighting Large+ creatures.
- Detect Construction Tricks: 2 in 6 for new construction, sliding walls, sloping passages.
- Listen at Doors: 2 in 6. (Included in Exploration abilities below)
- Infravision 90’
- Speak with Burrowing Mammals
- Stone Murmurs: Listen to stone, 2 in 6 chance of hearing secret doors within 10', presence of gems and precious metals within 30', presence of living creatures within 30', and presence of bodies of water or open spaces within 60'.
- Back stab: +4 to hit, damage doubled.
- Climb Sheer Surfaces 1 in 6 +1 point = 2 in 6
- Find / Remove Treasure Traps 1 in 6 +1 point = 2 in 6
- Hear Noise 2 in 6 +1 point = 3 in 6
- Hide in Shadows (Dungeon) 2 in 6 +1 point 3 in 6
- Move Silently 1 in 6 +2 points = 3 in 6
- Open Locks 1 in 6
- Pick Pockets 1 in 6
- Read Languages 1 in 6
- Spells/day: L1 1/1
- L1: Spook
- L1: Read Magic, Color Spray, Spook
- Leather Armor
- Quiver (20 arrows)
- 10' Pole
- Shortbow (over shoulder)
- 7 Days rations
- Small Hammer
- 12 Iron Spikes
- Thieves Tools
- Mining Pick
- Coinpurse: 2x50gp gem, 39gp, 4sp
- Factor (which factor):
Snagwarder was a member of a mining crew for years, his job to find trouble and sort it out. Sometimes that was dealing with traps (sabotage from rival mining crews), sometimes it was natural hazards, and sometimes it was foul creatures intent on eating the crew (which he would either try to kill or distract). Unfortunately, the crew died and Snagwarder was lucky to get out alive. Deciding on a change in career, he took up the adventuring life, and journeyed alongside an adventuring company to Arden Vul. Unfortunately, one by one, the others in the company also met an untimely fate. Still, three time’s the charm, right?
Siblings: last Snagwarder heard, there were about 5 left, but then he hasn't heard from Beastsnuffer, Horntooter, or Goatmender for a while, so who knows? Cornsniffer works on her farm far from most dangers, and Snagwarder sends her the odd coin when he can to help out, so stays in touch with his big sister, and he saw Candlekindler not too long before he set out. Wandering through the streets lighting the lamps is fairly safe, especially since he can always snuff the light out and hide in the shadows from most who would drunkenly try to harm him, so he's probably fine too.
Horntooter was off making herself famous over in Archontos the last Snagwarder heard of her, probably forgotten about her family by now. Goatmender lives remotely, was never one to hang around other people, but he does live out on the borderlands where things can get scary sometimes. Still, knows how to handle himself and his goats. And Beastsnuffer...well, last Snagwarder heard she was off chasing some other large prey that was causing havoc. Who knows what she's up to these days, or whether she ended up being a tasty snack for a dragon.
Standard procedure on entering an (ostensibly) empty room:
He'll always check the door and lintel for any traps, then upon opening it, will immediately look up. Tap the area in front of the door with his ten foot pole, then enter, and start at bottom left to right, and zig zag, tapping away. Anything else (if there's something in the room), he might break off that routine, so that he can check for traps etc first, so that while he's tapping out the room, the others can investigate other stuff.
When encountering other groups:
Snagwarder will always try to skulk around the shadows behind the party if he can, avoiding the sight of the other group as much as possible, unless they are fellow goblins, in which case he will often initiate (in Goblintongue) any conversation.