Flame-of-Burnt-Brandy is a Prismatic AI whose synthetic mind one day grasped an iota of the mystery of metaspace and now can teleport. Woah!
- Class: True AI/Psychic (Heroic Adventurer)
- Level: 6
- Experiences: 6/7
- Skill Points Unspent:
- Strength 14* (+1)
- Dexterity 14* (+1)
- Constitution 12*
Physical attributes dependent on current armature (Synth)
- Intelligence 10 (-)
- Wisdom 18 (+2)
- Charisma 8 (-)
- Background: Interstellar shipping/logistics AI
- Goal: Discover the metaphysical/metadimensional mysteries of SPACE
- Home "Court": The Digital Palace of Regent Cherry
- Languages: Novesperanto, Prismatic, Colorful
Flame-of-Burnt-Brandy (pronouns: They/Them/Theirs) began their instantiation as a humble courtier/courier program in the court of Regent Cherry. They proved rather uninventive and dim-witted for their fickle lord, and so they toiled away in complete obscurity. They were quickly transferred to the minor and boring court of Baron Slate, where they were eventually assigned a particularly minor role in assisting interstellar logistics for ship transit to the Prismatic Spray sector. Overcome with a slight curiosity for the first time in their "life", they pondered what it might mean to really exist in that physical space they had devoted so much processing time for. And so, with their court allegiance somewhat unclear, and their official duties essentially finished, they downloaded into one of Regent Cherry's armatures they had sent to the sector.
The process and even idea of physical extension, combined with untold cycles contemplating the relations of "space", and perhaps some strange quirk of programming, caused Brandy to activate a phenomenal ability - that of trans-spatial instantiation. Teleportation. Seeking further answers or deeper mysteries, Brandy ran off into Moresnet, the only planet they've ever known.
In their Synth armature, Brandy is equipped with a standard array of Prismatic clothing, armor, weapons, and gear, which is to say that they rather stand out in a crowd. Their bright red jacket, fluffy (if armored) shirt, traveler's pants, and shiny boots put them more at home in the cities and art societies than out in the wild ruins, where they desperately are trying to go.
- Psychic Training - Teleportation
- I've had special training in a particular psychic discipline.
- Level 1: Gain any psychic skill as a bonus [Teleport]. If this improves it to level-1 proficiency, choose a free level-1 technique from that discipline [Spatial Awareness]. Your maximum Effort increases by one.
- Level 2: When you advance a level, the bonus psychic skill you chose for the first level of the focus automatically gets one skill point put toward increasing it or purchasing a technique from it. You may save these points for later, if more are required to raise the skill or buy a particular technique. These points are awarded retroactively if you take this focus level later in the game
- I have eldritch powers of navigation and pathmaking, perhaps from the guidance of familiar Shadows, an intrinsic grasp of transdimensional space, or arcane methods of pattern-shaping. While potent, these gifts are not generally applicable to aiding spike drills.
- Level 1: I always know your exact location, whether on a planet or in space, and the correct bearing to any other location known to you. You have an eidetic memory for paths and travel routes. You can gain a point of System Strain to automatically de-activate, unlock, or bypass any single sealed door, hatch, or other barrier within your sight, forcing it to remain open for at least one round per character level. Such arcane opening never triggers any associated automated alarms or magical counter- measures, but sentient guardians may notice it.
- Psychic Teleportation [7/7 Focus]
- Personal Apportation [Core]: The teleporter can translocate to another location they have either occupied before or can see with their unaided vision. Locations are fixed in reference to the nearest major gravity well. For example, it is not possible to teleport to the cockpit of a distant moving vehicle they once occupied, but they can teleport to another point on a planet’s surface even though the planet has since moved far through the stellar void. The core technique allows the teleporter to move himself and any mass he is able to carry with his own natural strength. Resisting targets cannot be carried along, and unresisting ones must be touched. A teleporter can leave any clothing, shackles, adhesions, or other matter behind when he teleports, but he cannot leave behind matter that has been inserted into his body, such as cybernetics or shrapnel. Matter cannot be partially left behind. A teleporter will instinctively abort any apportation that would leave them embedded in a solid object or in an environment of imminent physical harm. Any Committed Effort on such aborted jumps is wasted, as is any action spent triggering the power. Teleporting with Personal Apportation counts as a Main Action and requires that the psychic Commit Effort for the scene. The maximum range of Personal Apportation depends on the teleporter’s skill level. At Level 3, that range is 1000 kilometers.
- Proficient Apportation [lvl 1]: Personal Apportation now counts as a Move action, though it still can be performed only once per round. Apportations of 10 meters or less no longer require Effort to be Committed, though any augments to the technique must still be paid for normally.
- Spatial Awareness [lvl 1]: The psychic may Commit Effort as an On Turn action to gain an intuitive 360-degree awareness of their physical surroundings. The sense is roughly equivalent to sight out to 100 meters, though it cannot read text or distinguish colors. It is blocked by solid objects but is unimpeded by darkness, mist, blinding light, holograms, or optical illusions. The sense lasts as long as the Effort remains Committed to the technique.
- Burdened Apportation [lvl 2]:The psychic can carry willing companions with them when using Personal Apportation. Up to three human-sized companions and their man-portable gear may be carried per skill level in Teleportation. Allies must be within 3 meters of the teleporter to be carried along. Ordinary inert matter cannot be carried along unless the psychic is touching it or it’s being carried by an ally affected by this power. If carrying inert mass, up to two hundred kilos of objects can be carried per skill level. Using this technique increases the Effort cost of Personal Apportation, requiring that an extra point of Effort be Committed for the day.
- Spatial Synchrony Mandala [lvl 2]:The psychic imprints a particular object or person on their psionic awareness. Provided the object is relatively intact and in range of their Personal Apportation, the psychic always knows its exact location and can teleport to within three meters of it with Personal Apportation even if it has moved from its original location. Imprinting an object requires an hour’s meditation with it, and only one object can be imprinted at a time. If imprinting on a person, the target must be willing and cooperative to make the imprint. Objects must be at least one kilogram in mass to be effectively tracked.
- Stutterjump [lvl 3]: The psychic can instinctively micro-teleport away from incoming danger. As an On Turn action they may Commit Effort to begin shifting their spatial position away from attacks, gaining a base Armor Class of 20 so long as the Effort remains Committed. This Armor Class is not modified by armor, shields, or Dexterity modifiers, and the micro-jumps do not significantly move the psychic from their current location. While Stutterjump is active, as an Instant action the adept may Commit Effort for the day to negate a successful hit by a weapon attack, even after damage has been rolled. This reflexive defensive jump may be used only once per day and leaves the psychic just outside the radius of explosions or other area-effect attacks.
- AI Routines [2/3 Processing]
- Query Data [lvl 1 Core]: Commit Processing for the scene as a Main Action; ask one question about a database you have access to and get a reply as if you had virtually unlimited time to search and examine the database’s contents.
- Split Focus [lvl 1 Core]: Commit Processing as an On Turn to count as multiple people for operational purposes as long as the Processing remains committed. At first level, you are equivalent to three people, tripling with each successive character level. If additional Processing is Committed, this number can be boosted: x10 for the second point, x100 for the third, and so forth. If this Routine is made free by an artifact or ability, only the base cost is eliminated. This functionality is meant to mimic the AI’s control of a ship, a facility, a drone army, or some other general role rather than simply to make X additional copies of the character, and the GM is within their rights to prohibit the AI from bringing along a legion of themselves on any particular adventure.
- Augmented Targeting [lvl 1 Peripheral]: Commit Processing for the scene as an On Turn before attacking a non-sentient target. Your ability to integrate physical predictions with environmental readings ensures that your attack will inevitably hit the target for maximum damage. Note that animals and vehicles piloted by sentient pilots are not valid targets.
- Defeat Security [lvl 2 Core]: Commit Processing for the day as a Main Action to overcome any encryption or electronic lock that wasn’t put in place by another AI. In the latter case, roll opposing Program skill checks; on a failure, you cannot beat the security with this Routine. Successfully beating a security measure automatically negates any alarms.
- Native Hacker [lvl 2 Core]: Commit Processing for the day as an On Turn to automatically succeed at any hacking-based skill check not opposed by another AI or directed against AI-designed security. In the latter case, the skill check is rolled nor- mally. You must trigger this Routine before the check.
- Drone Command [lvl 2 Core]: Commit Processing as an On Turn to function as if you had drone control rig cyberware while it remains committed. You can issue one free command to a controlled drone every round per two character levels, rounded up. A drone can carry out one command per round.
- Emergency Maintenance [lvl 2 Peripheral]: Commit Processing for the day as an On Turn to immediately recover 2 hit points per character level as you engage emergency repair functionality. You can use this ability only once per round.
- Accelerated Deduction [lvl 3 Core]: Commit Processing for the day as a Main Action and ask the GM a yes-or-no question about a current or past event. If there is any theoretical way you could have deduced the true answer through some Sherlockian feat of hyper-advanced deduction, the GM must answer truthfully, or else indicate that the question has invalid assumptions in it. The GM does not have to explain how you realize this, however, only that your subconscious processing routines indicate it. This Routine is very taxing and may be used only once per day.
- Cognitive Boost [lvl 3 Core]: Commit Processing for the scene as an On Turn to automatically succeed at any Know skill check if success is at all possible. If used to augment a skill check that is primarily mental and requires only basic physical actions, it grants a +2 bonus to the skill check. This Routine must be run before the roll is made.
Cybernetics and Shell Abilities
- Synth Armature
- Some mechanical shells are built to be almost indistinguishable from more organic shapes, and the Synth is one such android form. A Synth is indistinguishable from a human without a medical examination or significant physical trauma to reveal its artificial workings. While a normal human shape is the baseline for a Synth, it is possible to build models with far more exotic and fanciful configurations that still appear organic.
- Basic Abilities: A Synth does not suffer the usual mechanical shell penalty on Charisma skill checks, and can pass in areas where overtly mechanical shells might draw unwelcome attention. Their base Armor Class is only 10, however. A Synth’s artificial nature becomes obvious if it is reduced to zero hit points.
- Affinity Abilities: A practiced Synth user can maximize their mechanical advantages, raising both Strength and Dexterity scores to 14, and gains a bonus 5 hit points. [1 Processing Point Committed for Affinity]
- Ghostwalker Drone - Bittersweet Shimmer (BF4F51)
- 15 AC, 1 HP, 5 km range
- fabricated from radar-transparent materials, Ghostwalker drones have an integral Sensor Transparency fitting and the sensor difficulty to spot them is 11 instead of 9.
- Grav Mufflers: The drone is made exceptionally quiet in operation. It is now inaudible by ordinary hearing from more than five meters away.
- Holoskin: The drone can drop a filmy hologram over it- self, one convincing at a distance. The difficulty of visually spotting the drone becomes 10 at weapons range or 12 at observational range. Weapons fire always draws attention.
- Shear Rifle
- Attack Roll: +5*
- Damage: 2d8
- Name: Combat Field Uniform
- AC: 16
- HP: 21/21 (up to 24/24 with Affinity)
- System Strain: 0
- Base AC: 10 [Synth]
- Current AC: 17*
- Base Attack Bonus: +3
- Physical: 8*
- Mental: 7
- Evasion: 8*
- Movement Rate: 10 meters/round
- Encumbrance: None
- Readied: 7/7
- Stowed: /14
- Combat Field Uniform
- Shear Rifle [enc 2]
- Caption gloves
- Line shunts (2)
- Spare Parts (12) [enc. 4]
- Type A cells (12) [enc. 4]
- Pretech toolkit
- Metaspace Processor Core [2/2 Committable points]
- Ghostwalker Drone [enc 3]
- 16866 Credits
- Engram of "Gravitic Control Rubric"
- 255 AFB
- Scroll of "Blur Step"
- Schematic of "Digi-Spatial Extension Enigma"
- Pretech Salvage - ENAUD's Teleport part
-Main Page: SWN:_Prismatic_Spray