- 1 Jeweled Amber and the War of Balance
- 2 Colored Fonts in the work below
- 3 Quick References
- 4 Convention Quick Links
- 5 Campaign Particulars of Note
- 6 Campaigns
- 7 Places
- 7.1 Amber and the Golden Circle Kingdoms
- 7.2 Primal Realms
- 7.3 Squiggle
- 7.4 The Jeweled Road
- 7.5 Places in Shadow
- 7.6 Chaos
- 7.7 The Great Abyss
- 7.8 Cross-Shadow Topics
- 8 Kingdom of Amber and the Planet of Amber
- 8.1 Seasons and the Calendar of Amber
- 8.2 City of Amber
- 8.3 Regions of Amber
- 8.4 Castle Amber
- 8.5 Groups in Amber
- 8.6 Court of Amber & Royal Staff
- 9 Military of Amber
- 10 People and Beings
- 10.1 Names and Notables in Jeweled Amber
- 10.2 People of Shadow
- 10.3 Races in Jeweled Amber
- 10.4 Player Characters and Character Information
- 10.5 Heirs and spares
- 10.6 Primal Creature
- 10.7 Queens of Amber
- 10.8 Knightly Orders in Jeweled Amber
- 10.9 CHAD-Clean Halls And Dens guild
- 10.10 Wanderers and Far Travelers
- 10.11 The Bookmobile
- 10.12 The Mana Merchant
- 10.13 Warrior Core and Lord Gladiator Association
- 11 Powers and Game Mechanics
- 11.1 Powers & Points
- 11.2 Flavors of the Pattern
- 11.3 Primal Constructs
- 11.4 Non-Realm Bassed High Order Constructs
- 11.5 Antiques and Artifacts
- 11.6 Low Order Shadow Magic
- 11.7 Cantrip
- 11.8 Warlock Thievish Skills
- 12 Specific Creatures
- 13 History, Contemplation, and Conversations of Note
- 13.1 Historical Topics
- 13.2 Conversations
- 13.3 Brand and Dalt and the Deep Blue Sea
- 13.4 The Universe is Tricky
- 13.5 Various Stories
- 13.5.1 Tales of the East Tower
- 13.5.2 Random and Benedict
- 13.5.3 The Pad of Little Puppy Dog Feet-Tale of Fleece
- 13.5.4 Giovanni of Amber-The Jack of Amber
- 13.5.5 Thin Whip-Jurt's Tale
- 13.5.6 Galvar's Run
- 13.5.7 Alvah's Journals
- 13.5.8 Relmapator Running Journal
- 13.5.9 Tombs-Bleys & Caine
- 13.5.10 Delwin
- 13.5.11 Many Lives
- 13.5.12 Vek's Journal on Randal
- 13.5.13 Mark of Creation-Manadaly
- 13.5.14 In the Shadow of Red Wine
- 13.5.15 Birdie of the Tower
- 13.5.16 Quotes
- 13.6 Concepts and Priorities
- 14 Game Mechanic Topics
- 15 Past Games
- 16 Convention Games
- 17 Past Jeweled Amber Arcs
- 18 Maps
- 19 Other Topics
- 20 Various Veks
- 21 Non Sequiturs
- 22 Zine-The Black Road
- 23 End Comments
Jeweled Amber and the War of Balance
This is a campaign with four Arcs.
- Call to the Kin: Closed. The first campaign was from 1997 to 2003
- Azcala Rising: Closed. The second campaign was 2013
- The Red Sword Calls: Active: The third and current campaign began in December 2018
- Red Sword Triumphant: In Development.
By Michael J. Watson, in Southern California.
There is a lot of the information found in this Wiki concerning the Jeweled Amber game that is information available before the game. If however you come to play in the JR&WoB game consider this information the word on the street , the skinny , the whispers in the dark , the word around the campfire , the rumor I heard Dame Margot tell the Little King Michael in the kitchen , and bold faced lies. Just sayin.
Colored Fonts in the work below
- Green lettering note major section of this work.
- Dark blue lettering are usually links to other pages
- Red Lettered sections are usually meant to point out important elements for players in the Jeweled Amber universe
- Diners of Amber The basic guide to all places strange and wonderful. But don't be mistaken to think they are all safe. This is the main article that kept Jeweled Amber alive so long. Read, explore, & enjoy.
- Heirs and spares: A lexicon of Who is Who in the House Bariman.
- Timeline of Jeweled Amber : Whats happened, when it happened, when people entered history.
- Precedence of Powers : A general over view of whats more powerful then what and a bit about them.
- Jeweled Amber Skill Points : A system for ADRPG for developing character's interests.
- CHAD : Clean Halls and Dens-A Mercenary Guild
- The Jeweled Road : The game's namesake and the road from east to west. The Jeweled Road is a single road that starts at the foot of Mount Kolvir and the gates to castle Amber and stretches along paths once taken by the Black Road all the way to the Abyss of Chaos. Along the way roads, trails, paths, highways and great roads were annexed by the magic of the Jeweled Road.
- Jeweled Amber Trump Decks. : The telephone books of Jeweled Amber.
Convention Quick Links
This is for players in convention games. Since the majority of history isn't needed for limited play games take a look at these in general.
- Heirs and spares: A lexicon of Who is Who in the House Bariman.
Find a parent here for your convention characters.
- Jeweled Amber Skill Points : A system for ADRPG for developing character's interests.
For Convention Characters skills are very important. They give the player and the GM a general idea of the things a character might have spent years of their lives doing in shadow.
- Running Sheet Blank for Convention Play: A blank sheet for players to use a copy of. It includes character suggestions and comments.
Campaign Particulars of Note
The seminal work of the Jeweled Amber multiverse. What began as the snarky Article of Submission for Prince Bleys became a "Tour Guide's Book" of the universe for travelers allowed to find their way among the multiverse by the creation of the Jeweled Road.
At Random's request and Dworkin's demand Prince Bleys continually revises the article and makes explorations and commentary on cards of newly arrived card as the deck continues to Expand. This annoys Prince Bleys but he has come to accept his role as the unwilling Docent of Amber.
The King Random's Deck has become an ubiquitous part of many people's lives as they frequently check to see if the deck has grown. This also annoys Prince Bleys and delights his siblings.
Articles of Submission
Jeweled Amber-Articles of Submission : Random required them of his kith and kin. They are in the tome called King Random's Reign available at all the stylish book stores and most the disreputable taverns.
Who's Who? PCs and NPCs
Players are welcome to comment on Who's Who citations
- Jeweled Amber PCs
- Jeweled Amber NPCs
- People and Beings section. []
- Court and Royal Staff[]
- Heirs and Spares
- Military of Amber
Stories of the Realm
- also available in King Random' Reign
- Galvar's Run
- Maylon and Flora at sunrise
- Celebration of King Random's 70th
- Tombs-Bleys & Caine
- Many Lives
- Mark of Creation-Manadaly
- In the Shadow of Red Wine Warwick of Avalon
- Conference in the Tower
- Occurrences Concerning Azcala
- Random, Benedict, Bleys, & Vance at the Oracle of Night
- Random and Flora in the Music room
- Jeweled Amber-Stories
- Jurt and Thin Whip's Place
- Facebook Blurbs
- Facebook posts in an earlier game.
- Opening of Azcala related.
- Arrival of CHAD
- Nu Yark Kadal Tower Journal Desri's Story
This document is comprised of the most accurate accounting of the family line of Dworkin Bariman, a rebel Lord of Chaos.
This is a compilation list created from multiple sources.
- *The Amber College of Heralds: The most detailed original listing of the royalty and nobility of Amber and the keeper of their bloodlines and their heraldry. While they had the publicly known list of the children of Oberon the vast majority of their work concerned noble houses, royal letters patent, and royal and noble charters.
- *The Heirs and Spares document: Received from the Courts of Chaos, created and maintained by Duchess Maylon Hendrake. This work was delivered to King Random by Maylon Hendrke when she served her first term as Ambassador to Amber from Chaos. It was something of a threat and revealed the depths of knowledge concerning the members of the royal family as well as revealing the lines of Amberites created by Lord Darnuthas rasaka afuras that were in the Benedict/Hendrake breeding program. This collection included the names of the First Brood as well but nothing else on them.
- *The Researches of King Finndo: This collection of cards and descriptions came from research done by King Finndo, initially during his reign but continuing long after, only made public after the delivery of Maylon Hendrakes Heirs and Spares document. These detailed the First Brood of Oberon up to and including Princes Osric, Finndo,Benedict, Elfwine, Borlak, and Finndo, and princesses Cymnea, Orsolla, and Evelyn.
- Dworkin's admissions: Dworkin has admitted to fathering two other lines of Amberites. The Verna Line and the Vincent Line.
- The Admissions of Fisk: Fisk is a son of Osric who has had little connection to amber despite living in the City of Amber itself all along. His criminal empire is a source of concern for some but he has an understanding with King Random. He submitted a closely held article of submission as well as a listing of his progeny. These include his daughter Jade, grandson Quin, and grandson Abelvi.
A general list of things that have happened over the course of history
"Call to the Kin"-First Arc-1997 to 2003 -Closed
"Azcala Unleashed"-Second Arc- 2013-Closed
"Red Sword Calls"-Third Arc 2018 to present-Ongoing
- As it Begins in the Short Game
- The state of amber as the third game begins.
- Red Sword Calls-FB Posts
- Story Posts in the Red Sword FB Group.
"Red Sword Triumphant"-Fourth Arc- In development
A must read resource to Jeweled Amber Places in the King Random's Trump Deck.
Empire of Amber
|Kingdom of Vulsara
Originally Vulsar Base or Vulsara which was the headquarters of the Amber Star Fleet
An autonomous Kingdom under the auspices of the Empire of Amber
An autonomous Grand Duchy under the auspices of the Empire of Amber.
A series of warlike shadows with a rotating collection of kings, queens, dukes and warlords who constantly fight among each other but all are fiercely loyal to Amber.
|Demesne of Tragal||The Protectorate of Adasona|
An unincorporated region of the Kingdom of Amber
Golden Circle Kingdoms
A Crown Jewel of the Golden Circle-The Second Kingdom
A Crown Jewel of the Golden Circle-The Third Kingdom
A Crown Jewel of the Golden Circle-The Fourth Kingdom
Crown Jewel of the Golden Circle-The Fifth Kingdom. Master of Waters.
The Western Isle.
|The Protectorate of Adasona|
Breadbasket to Amber
Big and Meaty grill-masters to Amber
a minor realm known for its wine and olive exports.
A victim of the Jeweled Road, a realm not connected to the interstate highway.
- Fully Realized Primal Realms.
|Amber: Pattern||Mandalay: Mark|
|Avalon: Pattern||Courts of Chaos: Logrus|
|Calmir: Kangular||Paragon: Sigil|
High Order Constructs-Primal Realms of a Lesser Nature.
Realm of Czar Nicholas and Czarina Clarissa. Roughly Russian in character.
The Realm of Tonacat. Roughly Aztec in character
Secret Rulers of Trasidy. Roughly Persian in Character
An Amusement Park. No, Really. Its an Amusement park. Nothing sinister about it at all. Really, nothing. Don't believe me? Go see for yourself.
A tiny Pocket Realm. Vaugally Tibetan and Swiss
A great realm sealed off from visitors.
The realm of King Julian & Queen Nina, with Duke Caine and Duchess Emile.
A squiggle of note. A burr in the waves of shadow. An unfinished project with sword on the loose.
A realm sealed from most visitors recently cracked a slight bit open.
The Jeweled Road is the cross-shadow road connecting Amber to Chaos. It has side roads connections to many different places.
Waymets Rest-stops on the Jeweled Road
- Rue Katal The Headquarters for the Jeweled Road Universal.
- Diega Raks The first Waymet out of Amber.
- Trudana Felik
A major pattern in a fallen shade realm. The Origin realms of the Forces of the Korag Empire and CHAD
- Crowned Bards[]
- Fairhand's Folly
- Pente Plains Oh my....the joy to be had.
- Rose Temple Caravans
- Plymouth(T/Y) A squiggle in the York Shade
- Mac's Bar
The Realm of Prince Hamilton []
- A somewhat seedy world popular with race enthusiasts and high adventure camping & hiking sportsman.
- A Realm close to Chaos.
A high tech shadow.
This is a page on RPGWIKI that has been inactive since 2013 and in other places 2008. It links to sources on Geocities. I may use the world in my game since the game its from is clearly inactive. If I do it will be a shadow of their game and Ill modify things in game play. Its a nice setting and its a pity it didn't go further. Of course for all I know its a world wide gaming sensation setting i just haven't seen. We'll see as time goes by. If the creators ever run across its use in Jeweled Amber, lets chat.
The far western realm of mostly boundless Chaos
The Ruling hub and the populations of much of Chaos
The Great Abyss
The Abyss is the vast diving line between Chaos and the Shadowlands and their Primal Realms.
Large structural habitations.
- Arcology A conversation about Urban Planning
Kingdom of Amber and the Planet of Amber
- Seasons: The planet that the kingdom of Amber is on the one major body of land. There are several small Island chains. It has has 4 seasons: Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. The winter tends to be mild except in the arctic regions which has a permanent ice cap. The Antarctic region has an occasionally occurring ice block that lasts a decade then melts.
- Day Night Time: Amber has a 25 hour day. There are two 30 minute breaks between two 12 hour sets. A Nightbreak after the 12 pm and before 1 am. A Daybreak after 12 am and before 1 pm.
- The standard calendar of the Kingdom of Amber has 12 months of 30 days.
- Each Month has 5 weeks of 6 days.
There are 4 Festival Holidays throughout the year.
- New Years: A 5 day one at New Year.
- King's Day: 1 day holiday after the third month. "
- Sunbright:a 3 day Summer holiday after the 6th month.
- Queen's Day:a 1 day holiday after the 9th month.
The CCC holds its main 3 day event, the Sunbright CCC Festival, over the yearly Sunbright holiday.
- North Riding : a large residential area of the city on the north side.
- The Foundry :Industrial District
- Thin Whip's Place : A dive bar of epic proportions.
- Harbor District of Amber
- Theater District of the City of Amber : Theater District.
- Rue Fanasal : Baker's District.
- Jeweled Tenderloin :a recreational district
- Green Water Coves :An elite residential district
- Street of Spires : a collection of streets, residences, and services supporting major religious facilities of many different religions.
- Bloody Angle : Slaughterhouses and livestock
Regions of Amber
- Ganarth The Breadbasket of Amber, the path of both the Black Road and the Jeweled Road
- Green Vale
- North Vale Northern Mot The Great City of Ober
- Great Shoals The Ice region on the northern most part of
- Green Water Coves
- Far Isle : An unincorporated regions of the Amber South seas. Not officially a part of Amber due the the reluctance of the royals to make an issue of it.
Groups in Amber
- Constabulary of Amber
- Rangers of Arden
- Amber Elite Guard
- Amber Military Aide Society A civilian group supporting veterans of the Amber military.
- Amber Life Guard
- Council of Commentary An advisory body of citizens elected yearly.
From mercantile organizations, fraternal groups, secret societies and the Under-culture.
- Civilian City Cohorts The Military aspirations of non-military citizenry. A very large martial community unconnected to the military of Amber.
- Non-Partisan Anti-Agolith Association A weird secret society that isn't so secret.
- The Green Hand A criminal organization.
- House Clemens A family heavily involved in the management of the Harbors of Amber as well as heavily involved in it criminal element.
Court of Amber & Royal Staff
- Court of Amber
- People of Note
- "No_Knock_List" Those who can walk into King Random's bedchamber any hour of the day or night.
- Privy Council of Amber
- Drum Room Council
- Servants of Amber
- Guards, Maids, Kitchen Staff,
Noble Houses of Amber
Royal and Noble Houses outside Amber
A Noble House of Diega
Known Houses and Families in and out of Amber
A family of carters and delivery people in Amber known for reliable services.
Military of Amber
Elites Amber's Elite Guard-Castle Guards, Royal Protective Service, Diplomatic Messengers
- Amber Standard Kit: Amber Elite Guardsman Standard Panoply
People and Beings
A running game log of people and places. Players should feel free to add names and places that get mentioned in play.
These are people that can be found in shadow that are not necessarily affiliated with any of the great realms or their circle. This is a running list of names of people, scenarios, regions, and other oodles of people I might mention in game play. Players are encouraged to edit this page for content.
A Collection of races known in the Shadows of Amber.
Player Characters and Character Information
- Donovan Son of Julian & Cyrene
- Relmopator Son of Satura
- Skadi Daughter of Dashel
- Alvah Daughter of Delwin
- Arloxedra Son of Eric
- Vek Hendrake The Line of Benedict
- Henry Sawall Son of Mandor & Fiona
- Carissa Daughter of Gerard
- Vander Son of Eric
- Macsen Son of Dalt
- Laravella Daughter of Brand
- Truman, son of Gerard
- Vance, son of Delwin
An accounting of the House Bariman and its genealogy.
Creatures of prime powers claiming great power generated by the power of wide variety of creatures of their type.
Knightly Orders in Jeweled Amber
CHAD-Clean Halls And Dens guild
- CHAD : Mercenary guild extraordinaire of the Tosa/York
- Lop: Founder of CHAD-Director of the Palace Commons
- Sir Dolki Fairhand
- Archmage Jeremy Fairhand
- Sir Venki Fairhand
- Lord Digan the Ruby Mage
- King Alexandir_Kos_Korag_III of Tosa
- Dukes Jake and Kirgor : Military Guildmaster of CHAD is Jake Whitetail
- Guiness : My first PC. He wanders Amber shadow at will.
- Ascorbic and Ox A pair of boon companions. PCs of old.
Wanderers and Far Travelers
- Hazarda and Timothy Elhue: two hoopy froods.
- Conf of Shadows The voice in shades
- Nur al Din El musifar The Misplaced High Lord of Chaos
- Tolknor Primal King of York & Lord Protector of Plymouth
- Lik-e Elven Hero
- Vangarious Vanshingor A wanderer and a Total Warrior.
- Various Tosians
The Mana Merchant
Warrior Core and Lord Gladiator Association
Powers and Game Mechanics
Powers & Points
- Costs & Powers-Jeweled Amber High Order Constructs
These are the Powers and point costs associated with the Patterns of Amber & Avalon, the Logrus, and other High Order Constructs.
- Trumps in Jeweled Amber How Trump functions in Jeweled Amber. A system for manipulating High order Constructs.
- Shapechange in Jeweled Amber How shapechange works.
- Sorcery in Jeweled Amber High Order Sorcery
- Conjuration in Jeweled Amber High Order Conjuration
Flavors of the Pattern
Esoteric differences in Pattern Imprints. Wild. Calm.
- Precedence of Powers refers to the various levels of power and importance levels.
Non-Realm Bassed High Order Constructs
A High Order Construct
A High Order construct
Antiques and Artifacts
Artifacts known or assumed to have been created using High Order powers.
A collection of known items.
Vulcan created, Brand improved.
Potent Potables and Various Enhancements
Low Order Shadow Magic
Low Order magic systems
A low Order Magical System based on the game Warlock
A collection of spells taught to perform artistic endevours
- Glass Suite Magics:A limited magical system for artiusian glass creations.
- Leather Suite Magics:A system for creating leather products of natural leather or plant based leathers.
A Low Order Magical System based on the game Warlock
Clerical systems based on the game Warlock.
A low Order Magical System based on AD&D []
A Low Order Magical System based on Role Master & Spell Law
Low Order magic for the creation of temporary magical items.
A low order system of natural magic use expressed in "knacks" and hexes/
Low Order simple magics. Easy to learn.
History, Contemplation, and Conversations of Note
- Eric's Death and Corwin's Regency
- Oberon's Last Court
- The Wave of the Repair
- The Court of Queen Margot
- The program of House Hendrake creating a line of Chaosians able to use the pattern of Amber.
- A commentary on a term in common usage.
- A conversation on the ramparts.
Vek & Kibar discuss the Fea.
The Universe is Tricky
Random, Benedict, Bleys, Brand, Arloxedra discuss Agrom, Vance, and King Random's Progress
Fleece and friends
Warwick of Avalon
- Quotes Page Every one should have them.
Concepts and Priorities
Realms effected by proximity to Amber though not necessarily part of the Golden Circle Signatory Treaty
Near shadow reflections of High Order Inscriptions such as Amber.
Effects of High Order Constructs on the Aging process of mortals.
The dangers of taking mortals to Amber.
Game Mechanic Topics
Skill System In Amber DRPG
Jeweled Amber Skill Points: This system allows Players & Game Master to gain insight into Pc's interest.
Special Knowledge is an opportunity to add RP elements to a character's background or experiences, either at character creation or during game play.
The Black Road Less Traveled
- Main Games
- Ambercon side game.
- An Ambercon campaign
- Running Page Taziliwere-For Wine and Oil
- A conversation with Arlo on the Call of the Kin Tazilwere-Call to Kin
Past Jeweled Amber Arcs
Since the First Arc was originally face to face and ended online, there is little remaining of those games and those characters.
Second Arc-Azcala Unleashed
Player Page While these PCs were part of the Second game it is uncertain if they remain in the active game as NPCs as yet. Some may be included if needed or some may be members of a Shade of Amber.
A game unrelated to Amber. An exercise in minimalism.
The Black Road-A Fanzine
These are articles i submitted to the fanzine. They are separate works and may not represent how these are run in my game.
The various shadows of Vek
Vek Hendrake in Jeweled Amber
- Vek Hendrake a story place.
- Dark is the Rat A Vek Story.
- Vek's Journal on Randal A place to make music.
- The Journal of Veksvale A place and time in the wilderness.
- Vek in Heirs and Spares[]
- Benedict/Hendrake breeding program
Many Colours, All of them Amber
A personal Amber page with interesting stuff []
Because its funny what you run across.
Zine-The Black Road
If the Fishing is Good, the Living is Good-Raksir-Blake Fisher and the World of Raksir[]
- Images used on this site are found online and modified. I do not own the copyright to any of them. They are being used recreationally and are in no way used in a commercial manner. If you hold the copyright to any image and wish it removed put a comment in the discussion section and the image will be removed immediately.
- If you want to use any of the elements you find in the Jeweled Amber Pages you have my permission. I had hoped to find seeds for future books but if there is something you like feel free to make use of it.