MH Silence MA
- 1 Threads
- 2 The PCs
- 3 Roles
- 4 The Setting
- 4.1 The Schools
- 4.2 NPCs
- 4.3 Strange Places
Character Sheet Links
- Aurora, the Fae: played by BlackSheep
- Chloe, the Infernal: played by Xadun
- Jeremy, the Vampire: played by MixterAsh
- Karlena, the Witch: played by Andrensath
Bryce, the Queen: played by Rook Seidhr Iggy, the Ghoul: played by insomniac Hester, the Serpentine: played by DannyK Wendy, the Mortal: played by Bremen
Those across the top hold the strings on those listed in the first column
|☟ gave Strings to ☞||Aurora||Chloe||Jeremy||Karlena|
Link to the thing to modify directly: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1IUcT0P6pgAY9IRPTzAELLwXMdNgWwqvoX6liHGYwIJ0/edit
There are supposed to be three seats at each table, at about 10, 12, and 2 to view the screen.
A rough one, just for me to keep track of. Will bother with day shifts and so forth later.
|One||Media Studies||Media Studies||Media Studies||Media Studies|
|Three||English Composition||English Composition||History Electives||English Composition|
|Six||English Literature||English Literature||English Literature||English Literature|
|Seven||Math||Math||AP US History|
These are the various implied character roles by current PC stuff. When fitting in your PC or an NPC for your character, consider grabbing one of these and noting that either you're filling it or it has been moved to an NPC by firming them up by intersecting with them.
A note on parents: they're generally implied and even if brought up specifically I'm not adding them here. Talk directly to the player in question. The exception to this is if a player makes their parent a teacher or other official in town, which means they and their family should be more up for grabs as that's what that sort of thing flags to me.
- 'Hurricane' Katrina Walker, the BFF / creator of Bryce the Hollow.
- Luna Miller, former best friend of Katrina, Aurora's more-popular older sister, currently dating Lazarus Drake.
- Iggy's 'friend' who bailed
- Person who bullied Wendy into her harder state
- The real Aurora Miller, snatched as a baby and raised in Faerie.
The Drake Clan:
- Ophiucus Drake, Hester's father, is in white collar prison for financial improprieties.
- Belinda Drake, Hester's mother, is convinced that the trouble is because we strayed from the old ways.
- Uncle Phineas Drake, an alderman of the town, now running for state senate, who is keeping his distance to preserve his reputation.
- Lazarus Drake is Hester’s fraternal twin and a creep. He’s not taking the current situation well at all. Former boyfriend of Katrina, now dating Luna.
- Amity Drake is the terrifying grandmother.
- Little Tanith is her sweetly spooky sister.
Run partially by the local convent and partially by overseers who are not happy with the sisters and their political bend, Saint Anthony's has served the Catholic community of Silence for quite sometime. The community informally known as Kennedy Commons is the primary source of students. Located near the school on the south side of town, it was finished not long after JFK got inaugurated and exuberant Irish-American inhabitants gave it the informal name. However, its boom time lasted about as long as Camelot did. Those who live in the rapidly degrading area are primarily employed by the contractors of Franklin Rendering, doing cleanup work from all the damage said company caused and getting ever closer to there being nothing left to clean up.
Silence's public high school sits at the edge of the residential area, separated from the back of the main drag strip malls by a high retaining wall that back its bleachers. Of course, kids know all the way to go over and through the wall to shave time off getting to their favourite places during lunch and free periods. Drawing mainly from the low rise apartments of the area as well as bussed in kids from a few of the smaller rural communities nearby, Silence High is a massive palimpsest of American educational architecture and theory. A Brutalist library and administrative hub squats atop the central hill of the school, connected by locker lined overpasses to the various wings. Students run the gamut from working class kids worried about their parent's jobs to the well to do children of climbers who are just shy of making enough for private school.
Sweet Water Preparatory Academy
Just a bit north west of Silence proper, at the edge of the ring of mansions known as the Estates, are woods so perfect they have to be cultivated. And they are, as the grounds of Sweet Water Preparatory Academy. Popular with the inhabitants of the Estates, many of whom are multigeneration legacies, as well as with those drawn by a high price tag and a long history, Sweet Water Preparatory Academy shows an antiquated facade but has state of the art facilities wrapped up in the reclaimed wood. Even when the students go slumming in town without their telltale uniforms, you can pick them out by the posture, diction, and the careless way they wave their smartphones to pay for pretty much anything.
NPC Related Strings
|☟ gave Strings to ☞||Abigail||Astrid||Bryce||Hester||Iggy||Ms. Jansen||Lazarus||Luna||Mina||Old Bones||Phineas||Scion in Chains||Wendy|
|☟ gave Strings to ☞||Aurora||Chloe||Jeremy||Karlena|
|Scion in Chains||1||1|
The Help and Stranger Things
|Detective O'Toole||Silence PD's "weird shit" investigator||Wary||Can shut down gifts from the Scion|
|Nathan Hutz||Lawyer for the Drakes, anyone else who'll pay;
The Lost Woods
Anybody who comes into the forest will be lost
Here the Masquerade Never Ends—If you disguise your identity in the Lost Woods, everybody will treat you as who you disguise yourself as. Including yourself. You must Keep Your Cool to unmask if others are present.
The Drake Family Crypts
As we are now, they once were. As they now are, we may be
—Drake Family Motto upon the graves, tombs, and crypts
At the Edge of the Outer Darkness—You cannot reach the true tombs of the Drake family without a family member bringing you there. In the True Crypts, when you spill a wound worth of blood you may ask a question for each wound worth of blood spilled. The bones of the Drake family dead will answer honestly. If you follow the advice of the bones, mark xp (once per advance regardless of questions asked). When you reject the answers and seek your own way, take +1 forward.
The Outer Darkness
Whispering Darkness—Those lost in the Outer Darkness who enter into what would be stressful / dangerous situations in the regular world, risk suffering harm to their sense of self and identity. Instead of suffering physical harm, those subject to such things roll +Cool as they try to shut out the voices in the dark.
On a 10+, the voices are shut out for now.
On a 7-9, the MC will choose one:
- You lose something or someone you were attending to
- You miss noticing something important
- A secret about you passes from your mind entirely and into the outer darkness (the MC will ask you)
- A memory or secret comes into your mind from the outer darkness (the MC will tell you)
On a miss, the MC will choose one:
- You are tricked deeper into the outer darkness.
- Your body becomes a vessel for the whispers, or one of the whisperers, for a few moments you do things under their direction and come to without any idea of what you did
- Your nature is transformed, the MC will ask you how and you will answer and as part of the answer exchange the ratings of two stats