Midnight RPG - Chapter 42.198
This is a Bluebook entry for you to inquire about all the various memories, visions and seer site informations Durgaz has had. You can ask any questions you like. I'll reply and you can continue asking questions until you're satisfied. The reason you can do this is because you have the crystal sphere that allows you to review and show your images. Otherwise it would be Intelligence checks.
However, just as we've always done I want YOU to ask questions and I'll answer as best I can.
If you'd like to determine anything regarding Zal'Kazzir's true name or transformation I'll need you to be as specific as you can about:
- what you want to know (people/places/things and any details)
- when you're looking (over the time that you can)
- what you're looking for or what you're looking for that might be absent, etc...
Feel free to ask as many questions as you like, here by bluebook to get you rolling and then again in-game when needed.
I have a touch of info that I'll start you off with since you said you were reviewing all Zal's history and related images. This has nothing to do with his true name (yet) but is another note that Durgaz could find as result of questioning. THIS note below is what you got for asking to look into Zal's past as your "freebie"... the rest is up to you to figure out and ask the right questions.
If I can't answer or think you need to ask more questions before I can answer I will say so.
Durgaz received some interesting visions one night... I described these during a game session (in the hallway) so I only have my notes about what was said. HOWEVER, the reason that this is out of the ordinary is that this "vision" was not "normal". Though I mentioned it, you didn't pick up on it at the time but THIS "vision" was actually in a dream when you slept. Durgaz has rarely gotten ANY seer visions when sleeping. They have normally come on him when awake, forcing him to go unconscious (his eyes turning white and rolling back) for a few seconds as the vision is shown.
Blank Spot Vision
So... as Durgaz reviews his visions and such he notices that a "vision" he remembers cannot be replayed on the crystal sphere. Its like it didn't happen. It wasn't a vision in the normal seer way... Here are those notes:
- Scene 1: Durgaz standing in the mouth of a Dragon, barely holding on, until a flash of silver on his left reveals Ahimia, stabbing her blade up through the beast's mouth, and a few words in courtier from behind him fill him with the strength he needs to break the beast's jaw.
- Scene 2: Durgaz stands before a large crowd of Dead Mother orcs, all of whom are chanting for him, and he thinks back to what led him to this place, he can see a serpent finding the orcs, a serpent calling to them to bring them to him, and providing the freedom he needs to break them of the sendings. (there are both male and female orcs involved)
- Scene 3: Durgaz marshalls his forces, battling threats in the mountains to secure his people's future. As Durgaz rushes to aid a number of Dead Mothers who are about to be overpowered by foul shadow-trolls, a huge dog-headed giant, with pincers like a crab steps around a corner and decapitates a troll, just as a huge spider-like creature sinks deadly fangs into another, saving the orcs from certain death. The two huge creatures then bend down to speak with Zal, who orders them back to defend the City, as he and Ahimia approach Durgaz.
- Scene 4: Black robed humans (very distinct from legates; black robes with green and silver trim - Zal's family colors) are seen in numerous locations across the human lands, spying, gathering intelligence, sabotaging shadow operations and funneling the information back to Zal'Kazzir, who walks into a war council and moves several troop markers on a battle map, changing a plan to prevent disaster.
- Scene 5: Durgaz stands at the head of HIS new tribe, now arrayed for battle, Vardatches and armor glinting in the sun, as he looks around, he can see Eranon at the head of a Cadre of Elven warriors, gleaming and bright, a large phalanx of dwarves, grim and strong, a host of Erenlander warriors and a mighty wedge of Sarcosan Cavalry, lances tipped with beautiful pennants. All of these mighty forces are united and held together by the coils of the serpent, and as he follows the serpent to it's head, he looks behind to see Zal and Ahimia standing with him, prepared to battle at his side.
- The serpents across the vision seems to represent Zal and Ahemia, and are shown to be crucial in a number of scenes above.
Craigth Steps Forward
In a way all pathwalkers have a connection. You could say that those of the same path might be even more entwined. This has seemed to be especially true with Craigth Galeck and Durgaz. When they first met the visions Craight "shared" with Durgaz were strange and mixed but still yet important to Durgaz's own destiny. And in the past Durgaz has see Craigth within his visions ... what if seeing Craigth was not by chance. What if Craigth somehow was helping Durgaz, helping to point out flaws in the visions handed down to the new pathwalking seer (Durgaz) from the elder (Craigth)?
It was in one particular vision (aquainted to the above inconsistency) that Craigth interceded to point out the mechanations of others in dream, destiny and fate... It was THIS vision that Durgaz looked in on, seemingly from a dream had by Eranon - that Craigth tried again to help.
However, at the time it wasn't seen as "help". Because there was no reason to doubt... Until now.
In the link above to the vision - you can see specific passages highlighted in RED. These passages are the main points that Craigth was questioning by repeating them over and over. This entire vision IS a "real" vision for sure. However Durgaz was seeing a dream vision given to Eranon. It was a false vision and Craigth reached out to warn Durgaz in the best way his broken mind could...
Start asking... You can ask further questions on the points above. You may also begin investigating and asking questions about any other visions or times/things in Zal'Kazzir or any other person you have access to...
I may be misunderstanding you, so just to clarify:
1) The first vision detailed here, the "Blank Spot" vision, did not occur in the usual eyes-glaze-over-and-fall-off-the-boat sense. It manifested as a dream, which no previous visions had (is that right?) Also, Durgaz cannot replay it in the crystal sphere.
- A: Correct - that "vision" actually occured one night when you were asleep. It was a "vision" that I shared to you verbally in the hallway, hence only having my notes. Correct - Durgaz can NOT reply that image in the Crystal Sphere. However the notes (which are the basics) are what Durgaz remembers of THAT particular "vision" that he "can't find" anywhere. Its like it didn't happen or wasn't a seer vision at all...
2) The second vision, the one that was actually directed at Eranon, was also not a "vision" per se, and also came as a dream (or did it?) However, in Durgaz's version, Craigth intermittently appeared (maybe not literally, but his presence was felt somehow) to point out key sections of it that he appeared to "question". Is the implication that the vision was a true one, but that the red sections don't belong, or were somehow "inserted"? We know from Zal's experience communicating with Eranon's sister that dream visions CAN be intercepted and possibly altered by someone with the knowledge to do so. Is that a possibility here?
- A: Incorrect. That vision WAS in your normal (eyes glaze over) form. However it happened as a result (apparently) of the "dream vision" Eranon had had the night prior. If you remember correctly I gave Steve the "dream vision" and at the same time gave you what Durgaz saw... which WAS one of your visions as normal. Then I believe it was the next day that Eranon shared that he had a "vision" and Durgaz noted that he had most of the same imagery - Eranon's was more straight-forward and without Craigth in it at all. You can ask Steve for him to reread his "dream vision" if he wants to compare again.
- Correct that in Durgaz's vision Craigth appeared intermittently...
- The implication (might be) that Craigth was helping the Pathwalkers, Durgaz specifically here, by pointing out that this was NOT a "vision" - rather it was something ELSE.
- The red sections were the sections that Craigth was emphasizing for you to pay attention to. None of it really "belonged" this was a hint to you to pay attention.
- Having a dream vision intercepted is a "known precident" as you know in-game... However to be sure what's happening/happened you might need to ask Zal'Kazzir, Kyuad or someone else that would be more knowledgeable on these things than Durgaz. Really there's no way I could justify allowing Durgaz to make a leap in that knowledge. If you (Andrew) can guess, I'd say Durgaz could get the same info - but for any definitions further, you'd likely need help. You'd be welcome to invite any of the other players to read and reply here along with you. Assuming that they're watching the crystal with you and such...