Olga "Schoolgirl" Zavor
A brilliant young woman who graduated with honors from the Khadoran Institute of Engineering in the capital city of Korsk, with degrees in engineering, steamjack operation, and cartography. In a rather atypical decision, she joined a mercenary company for some practical in the field experience in all of them.
Tall, robust and pale skinned, as is typical of Khards. She has a round face framed by curly dark hair. Olga pays more attention to the gear she is working on than to her appearance, which usually looks a bit disheveled, and often has stains of coal or oil.
- STR: 14 (+2)
- DEX: 12 (+1)
- CON: 14 (+2)
- INT: 18 (+4)
- WIS: 12 (+1)
- CHA: 10 (+0)
- Vigilant (Passive Perception +4, double proficiency on perception checks)
- Keen Mind (PHB): (Int +1, always know where north is and how many hours until sunrise/sunset, remember everything from past month)
- Intellectual Aptitude: Mechanik's toolkit (proficiency bonus doubled)
- Human Mechanik (Combat Mechanik) Level 7
- Alignment: Chaotic Good
- Hit Dice: 1d8
- Hit Points: 68
- AC: 14 (armor) +1 (DEX) = 15 (17 next to a steamjack or vehicle)
- Proficiency Bonus: +3
Skills and Proficiencies
- Proficiencies: Light Armor, Infantry Armor, Simple Weapons, Rivet Guns, Martial Pistols, Martial Rifles
- Saving Throws: Constitution, Intelligence
- Skills: Athletics, History, Investigation, Nature, Perception, Persuasion, Stealth, Survival
- Tool Proficiencies: Cartographer's Tools, Mechanik's toolkit, Steamjacks
- Languages: Khadoran, Cygnaran, Shyr
- Strength +2
- Dexterity +1
- Constitution +7
- Intelligence +7
- Wisdom +1 (Advantage on saves against fear)
- Charisma +0
Skills ans Tools
- Athletics +8
- History +7
- Investigation +7
- Nature +7
- Perception +7
- Passive Perception 18
- Persuasion +6
- Stealth +4
- Survival +7
- Cartographer's Tools proficiency +3
- Mechanik's toolkit proficiency +6
- Steamjacks proficiency +6
- Tinkering (d6) (Give bonus dice to creature within 5 feet, usable Int modifier (4) times per short rest)
- Mechanik's Savvy (Advantage on Perception in industrial environment)
- Expertise: Athletics, Survival, Persuasion, steamjacks (proficiency bonus doubled)
- Field Mechanik (as bonus action, heal construct or device in 5 feet by expending Tinkering)
- Bodging (spend 10 minutes to create a piece of gear, lasts for 1 hour)
- Inspired Genius (effects already featured in Tinkering)
- Iron Sentinel (while within 5 feet of friendly steamjack or vehicle, +2 to AC and cannot be knocked prone)
- Iron Will (Advantage on saves against fear)
- Northern Resilience (+2 to Con checks and saves)
- Personality trait: Studying at a prestigious university has prepared me for life on the road.
- Ideal: Adventure. I cannot be content living an everyday life and seek adventure however I can find it.
- Bond: I will one day have my writings published in my university's library.
- Flaw: If presented with a riddle or puzzle, I can think of nothing else until it's solved.
- Feature: Patron
- Carried (161.5 / 210)
- Furnace Armor 45 (AC 14 + 1 (DEX) = 15)
- Housing: Infantry armor
- Capacitor: Arcane interval generator
- Rune: Halo of Fire
- Armor resistance treatment (cold)
- Military rifle 12
- Bipod -
- Scope -
- 20 bullets -
- Rivet gun 8
- 20 rivets -
- Ammo bandolier 0.5
- 'Jack wrench 5
- Dagger 1
- Backpack 5
- Bedroll 7
- Entrenching spade 4
- Flint striker -
- Gas mask 2
- Goggles -
- Mess kit 1
- 2 days of rations 4
- Torch 1
- Waterskin 5
- Winter clothes 4
- Mechanik's toolkit 35
- Cartographer's tools 6
- Gunsmith's kit 10
- a scroll case with maps 1
- Total 151.5
- In baggage train
- 8 days of rations 16
- 9 torches 9
- 50 feet of hempen rope 10
- Armored apron 20
- Oilskin tarp 2
- Weatherometer 25
An old woman walked into the Khadoran Institute of Engineering, dragging behind her a dark haired girl who was absentmindedly watching the surroundings. "Can I help you?" A clerk behind the institute's front desk asked.
The old lady walked up. "I am Agata Zavor. I am here with my granddaughter, Olga - pay attention, Olga!"
Presenting some documents to the clerk, the old lady said: "Her parents - my son and daughter in law - were in the Winter Guard and did not return from the front. The man from the army said that as an orphan of war veterans, Olga is entitled to apply for a scholarship."
Looking at the documents, the clerk asked: "Can she read and write?"
"Yes, she learned both at the age of four. She is very bright!"
"Very well. Please follow me."
A bit later, Olga was sitting at a pulpit, enthusiastically checking boxes and filling fields on some papers. Finally, she announced: "I am done!"
"Already?" a faculty member sipping tea behind a desk said. "Well, bring them over and let's see how you did."
After the girl handed the papers over, the man looked them over and mused: "Well, I'll be..."
Freshly graduated students filed out of the Institute. Olga walked out among them, arm in arm with her grandmother who was wiping her eyes. "Your parents would be so proud!"
"What are you going to do now? Find work?"
"Yes. The kind that allows me to travel. When I studied cartography I read about all kinds of exotic places, but I have never been outside the city. Or done any practical work. I am going to find employment that allows me to do both!"
"I will probably not see you again for a while then... But good for you! Follow your dreams! Just promise me one thing." Agata leaned closer. "I know the Institute trains people for the Army's needs, but promise me that you will never join the Winter Guard like your parents did."
"I promise, baba."
A mercenary encampment outside Korsk
A bored looking sergeant sat behind a field desk, in case clients or other people with business with the company arrived. Then a young woman walked up. "Is this where I sign up?"
"Huh? You are looking to sign up?" The sergeant stood and took a closer look at the woman. She was not a frail sort. Tall, with decent muscles of a person used to hard physical work. She was also carrying a set of tools and a large wrench. But she was definitely too young to have served a term in the Winter Guard. "Can you even use a weapon?"
"Sure! Maintaining military equipment was part of my education. I can assemble, disassemble, and fire military pistols and rifles."
"What education are you talking about?"
"I recently graduated from the Khadoran Institute of Engineering!"
"What? You are some sort of schoolgirl?" The sergeant laughed. "In here we'd expect you to fight! AAAAAAA!"
"What is going on here?!" Asked a lieutenant who walked up after hearing the shriek.
"She hit my nuts with a wrench, sir!" The sergeant groaned, holding his groin.
"Not very hard!" The young woman said. "And you told me that you'd expect me to fight! I thought you wanted a demonstration."
"You told her what?" The lieutenant looked from the sergeant to the woman. "Are you looking to join?"
"Sir, she's a schoolgirl!" the sergeant groaned. "Just graduated from the Institute!"
"Really?" the lieutenant took a closer look at the woman. "What did you study?"
"Engineering, steamjack operation, and cartography. Graduated with honors!"
"So you can maintain and repair military equipment, act as a 'jack marshal, and navigate?"
"That is correct."
The lieutenant looked at the sergeant who was still holding his groin. "And you do not hesitate to fight, it seems. All right, follow me. Let's get you signed and geared up, Schoolgirl!"