- One of the most controversial terms in RPGs. A good argument could be made that it means "any player I don't like", but most people reserve the term for a specific type of bad player...
- My own definition: a player who, through inexperience or immaturity, disrupts the game to the detriment of the other players, usually by any or all of the following:
- Creating a character that's inappropriate to the setting (Classic definition: A munchkin is someone who, in a game of courtly politics and intrigue in 16th century France, wants to play a ninja.)
- Insisting his character either is or has to be the absolute best at everything he does.
- Roleplays poorly, seeing his character (and the other characters) as mere game pieces, without personality or motivations beyond advancing in the game.
- Relating to the last one: approaching all problems, obstacles, and frustrations with violence as a first resort
- Attempting to "win" the game, even at the expense of the other players, in situations where it would be inappropriate.