Difference between revisions of "Sephyr-Tavish"
|Line 92:||Line 92:|
== XP ==
== XP ==
== Injuries/Debilities/Scars ==
== Injuries/Debilities/Scars ==
Revision as of 13:29, 10 August 2021
Sephyr "Tav" Tavish
|Name: Sephyr "Tav" Tavish|
|Professions: Clandestine, Military|
|Appearance: Meditative, bland, weary|
|Stealth||Whenever you can move around freely and are unobserved, you can choose to vanish without a trace. While missing, you may show up in the midst of events, as long as you can explain how you got there.|
|Interrogation||Who you question someone who is at your mercy, gain 3 Data Points about them: their lives, their job, their transactions, their friends, their family, their guilt, their shame, etc.|
|Heavy Lifting||Ignore the Clumsy trait inflicted by heavy weapons, heavy armour, encumbrance, and high gravity.|
|Deduction||When you first witness a situation, you may ask one of the following questions, the GM will answer honestly:
Who or what...
is most vulnerable in this situation?
is most dangerous in this situation?
caused this situation?
|Toughness||You can suffer two injuries of each severity, rather than one.|
Advancement Trigger: (Military) An injury is sustained - triggered
The Invisible Hand (x3)
The Invisible Hand
- Class 0 – Rugged attire
- Class 0 - Shockstick (melee, stuns/electrocutes)
- Class ? - Boarding Pistol (adjacent/close, doesn't puncture hull plates)
- Class 1 – Body armour, rugged, (+2 armour)
- Class 2 – Laser rifle (Class 1, Two-handed, Close/Far, Laser, Class 2 upgrade Stabilized)
- Class ? - Debilant-Morokof AP flechette pistol (One-handed, Close, Concealed, Armour-piercing)
Class 1 – Combat Knife (Class 0), Melee, free upgrade Severing, Class 1 upgrade Concealed
Barracks (efficient, defensible, practical)
- 1 - Seline Massajen
- 1 - hunting... something
- Injuries: minor injury (healing wound from jetbird impalement)
- Debilities: none
- Scars: previously broken nose, various combat scars
Sephyr "Tav" Tavish grew up in a militaristic society that was part of The Seven Stars, a military coalition where conscription was a fact of life. He was an artistic child and loved drawing, but gave it up aged ten because of his older brother Jaxon's bullying. Like most of his peers he ended up in the infantry. At fifteen he began basic training. At eighteen he went to war.
Tav didn't have any ambitions outside of soldiering, simply because it was never an option. Life was an endless round of fighting, sleeping, and blowing off steam, and maybe you lived long enough to do it again tomorrow. He was a good soldier - good at doing what he was told. He didn't think too much about right and wrong, and as a result was known as someone you could assign to morally grey tasks - which is how he ended up on the Tegaris IV mission. Tasked with testing prototype DarkMo on insurgents, something went wrong and the planet was placed under interdiction. The survivors of the mission were separated and Tav hasn't seen them since.
Shortly after, Tav was assigned to escort Invisible Hand representative Jade Massajen-Li, part of the Traders Guild of Oros Sector, during negotiations between their two factions. He did her a "really stupid" favour, and the next thing he knew he was part of the asset exchange. She took him back to her compound where he met and befriended her granddaughter Seline Massajen, while he acclimitised to civilian life.
The Guild retrained Tav, and he went to work for them as an enforcer and interrogator. It's not work he enjoys, but he's good at it. He's recently been tasked with keeping an eye on Abigail Tessler-Fontainbleau, daughter of a prominent Guild family, who's showing a lamentable desire to explore the wider galaxy. He's serving on the Beowulf as hired security, but his brief is to try to keep her out of trouble and report or eliminate any potential issues for the Guild.
- Tav's Seven Stars Service Number: XR349-94837.
- Jade Massajen-Li - the Invisible Hand Negotiator who got Tav out of the Seven Stars.
- Seline Massajen - Jade's granddaughter, Tav's (former?) friend.
- Tegaris IV - planet where Tav encountered DarkMo in an op gone wrong. Currently under interdiction due to the effect it had on the planet.
- Dante, Kelso, Garvey, Freen - the others on the DarkMo mission. (Dante got out of the Stars and is a fixer, Kelso was killed by the DarkMo, Freen was killed by a landmine, Tav has no info on Garvey).