Difference between revisions of "Uncharted Worlds:The Beating of a Thousand Wings"
|Line 39:||Line 39:|
|Line 122:||Line 113:|
Revision as of 11:14, 7 January 2022
Sephyr "Tav" Tavish played by strangebehviour
Abigail Tessler-Fontainbleau played by jmucchiello
Callister played by pstjmack
Rabbit played by Myth
Aulikki Kärkkäinen played by Atlictoatl
Tenzing Noray played by geijhan
Skinner played by aurebesh
- Paula Sol-Withers
- Paula was the acceptance agent for the repossession of the ship Turning Point. She is a relative of Ingrum Sol, the guy who sponsored the mission. When encountered at Rotgut station she is a Whitehead, addicted to White a sensory-overload via a vibe-helmet.
- Trona Brederode
- Back on his Secondary Ed stage of training with the Order, the student just ahead of Rabbit in the Rankings was Trona. He was the last of the Lead Cadre, and one of the few to spot Rabbit’s position in Mid Cadre as chosen, not due to inability.
- They’d had a friendly rivalry, a brief flirtation, and a few passionate nights toward the end. But Trona had surged for a high-rank posting, and Rabbit held to the safe track, and they had gone their different ways.
|Episode 1 - The Repo Job||Episode 2 - Pirate Station||LEVEL UP||Episode 3 - Wild-Jump/Planetfall||Episode 4 - The Columbine||LEVEL UP (mid episode)||Episode 4 - The Columbine||Episode 5 - The Death of Doctor Island|
|Tav: A problem is solved with firepower||1 - Tav shot the turret in the engine room||4 - Tav shot his way out of a cargo pod
LEVEL UP TRIGGERED
|Tav: An injury is sustained||5 - Tav got skewered||9 - Callister got injured by Harvesters
LEVEL UP TRIGGERED
|Tav: NEW TRIGGER NEEDED|
|Abigail: Trade one unit of cargo||Abigail: A relationship changes dramatically (optional change)||Abigail: A relationship changes dramatically (no change)||11 - Lev made a terrible deal|
|Callister: Make a leap of faith||2 - Callister leapt out of the ship||Callister: A ludicrous stunt turns the tides||Callister: A ludicrous stunt turns the tides (no change)||13 - Jet-boot rescue!|
|Rabbit: A needed item is scrounged up||Rabbit: A needed item is scrounged up (no change)||6 - Rabbit scrounged parts for the Beowulf||Rabbit: NEW TRIGGER NEEDED|
|Skinner: An injury has been sustained||3 - Skinner took an injury from the ship defences||Lev: A system's security is breached||N/A||8 - Lev hacked the doors and stuff||Lev: A statement starts or ends a fight||12 - Lev ended a fight (AI bargain, simultaneous with Abigail)|
|Kärrkäinen: A problem is resolved with firepower||N/A||7 - So much dakka||Kärrkäinen: A fascinating phenomenon is explained||10 - K explained the melty cages.|
- Tav: An injury has been sustained (triggered episode 3).
- Abigail: A relationship changes drastically.
- Callister: A ludicrous stunt turns the tides.
- Rabbit: A needed item is scrounged up.
- Kärkkäinen: (Academic) A fascinating phenomenon is explained
- Lev: A statement starts or ends a fight . . .
- Callister made a Leap of Faith (Episode 1)
- Tav resolved an issue with fire power (shooting his way out of the cargo hold) (Episode 2)
- Tav sustained an injury (jet-fueled bird attacked him) (Episode 3)
- Callister resolved a problem with firepower (shot down the jet-fueled bird) (Episode 3)
- Kärkkäinen resolved a problem with firepower (multiple instances, Episode 3)
- Lev breached a system's security (E3)
The Seven Stars
A Controlling Military Coalition. A group of planets that prefers a strong show of force to keep both its citizens and rivals in line. A large part of its forces are conscripted from "feeder worlds" where the population has little alternative but to serve, however it does also hire mercenaries.
The Order's purpose is to take care of the lost and forgotten, minister to the poor, and heal the sick. Since there are so many of those, members of the Order are parsimonious with their resources, not spending much on themselves. They provide training for their charges, helping them find careers as productive members of society, and charge them a fair price for it, to be paid out of future earnings.
The Invisible Hand
An Elite, Mercantile Alliance. An alliance of corporations, trade merchant guilds, and other mercantile concerns. They only admit into the alliance elite, established, posh members. The existence of the alliance is semi-secret (except in places where the "member" is a government focus on trade) in most places.
(Defiant Scientific Collective)
Within the Seven Stars is a mysterious collective of individuals who see with greater clarity the needs of humanity. They are not motivated by power or control, but by data and knowledge. The hegemony of the Seven Stars is a useful construct for providing stability, but humanity's greatness lies in its capacity for creativity and adaptation. Science is the conduit for humanity's achievement. Science is what distinguishes us from other forms of life. Science is our divinity.
One day soon, the Seven Stars coalition will become the infrastructural schematic for humanity to ascend to its true form and purpose.
Onboard the Columbine
When you tear apart a room on the Columbine, roll + Expertise
- On 10+ You find a useful thing, no problem before the pursuit breaks in
- On 7-9 You find a useful thing and choose 1
- ...getting it eats up a resource (GM's call)
- ...pursuit broke in on you
When you open a sealed door on the Columbine, roll plus Expertise/Physique
- On 10+ you control the door and you spot the ambush
- On 7-9 Choose one
- ...you control the door
- ...you spot the ambush