Difference between revisions of "Verania Scato"
|Line 23:||Line 23:|
Revision as of 16:06, 16 May 2022
Age (Gender): 22 (female)
Caste (Trait): Trader (Haunted)
Pirate Story: It Walked the Decks
Archetype: Merchant Captain
- relationships with investors in my home port
- relationships with merchants, chandlers, and port officials in any of the ports you frequent
Nature/Education: Gregarious/Once a Merchant
War Story: Shipwrecked
Social Standing: 2
Languages: Argossean, Aquilonean, Kushite, Vendhyan
Fortune Points: 2
- The vast fortunes of the great trading dynasties and nations of Hyboria should be applied to the complete eradication of sorcery and black magic.
Bonus Damage: Ranged +X | Melee +Y | Presence +Z
- Sword: Range or Reach X, Grip X, Size X, Damage X, Qualities (X, Y), Loads X
- Dagger: Range or Reach X, Grip X, Size X, Damage X, Qualities (X, Y), Loads X
Stress & Harm
Vigor: 7 X/Y | Wounds:
Resolve: 9 X/Y | Trauma:
Courage Soak: X
Armor Soak (Armor Type): Head X, Right Arm X, Left Arm X, Torso X, Right Leg X, Left Leg X
- Acrobatics: 0/0
- Melee: 0/0
- Stealth: 0/0
- Insight: 3/3
- Observation: 2/2
- Survival: 0/0
- Thievery: 0/0
- Athletics: 1/1
- Resistance: 0/0
- Parry: 3/3
- Ranged Weapons: 0/0
- Sailing: 3/3
- Alchemy: 0/0
- Craft: 0/0
- Healing: 0/0
- Linguistics: 1/1
- Lore: 0/0
- Warfare: 0/0
- Animal Handling: 0/0
- Command: 1/1
- Counsel: 1/1
- Persuade: 4/4
- Society: 5/5
- Discipline: 1/1
- Sorcery: 0/0
- Sea Raider (Argos): The Difficulty of all Sailing tests made in your homeland’s waters and of Athletics tests related to swimming are reduced by 1.
- Sea-trader (Trader Caste talent): Due to your familiarity with the coastal trade routes, you’ve developed a network of friends and allies in the various port cities, and know your way around such environments. In coastal settlements, you gain the Tradesman talent (When Carousing, if you do not have sufficient Gold to pay your Upkeep, you may offer your services to a tradesman or to a guild in order to cover your Upkeep). When engaging in trade, you gain an additional +1d20 when rolling for Persuade or Discipline tests to get the best deals.
- Shipbuilder (Trader Caste talent): The craft of shipbuilding is zealously guarded by the members of your caste. You gain the Sea Raider talent and +1d20 on any Craft test to repair or maintain a watercraft.
- Sixth Sense (Insight Rank 1): You may re-roll one d20 when making an Insight test, but you must accept the new result. In the event of an ambush, you gain 1 additional bonus point of Momentum. If the Insight test was requested because of sorcerous or otherwise unnatural phenomena, the gamemaster must reveal this.
- Pierce the Veil (Insight Rank 2): Whenever you are in the presence of the supernatural or beings with unusual powers — particularly if you are not aware of them — the gamemaster should call for you to attempt an Average (D1) Insight test. On success, you recognize that the other being (or presence) has supernatural abilities, and may spend 2 Momentum to identify the type of abilities
- Know the Signs (Insight Rank 3): Whenever you are in the presence of a person or object that was affected by supernatural abilities within the last six hours, you may attempt an Insight test, with a Difficulty equal to the number of hours ago the person or object was affected. On success, you can recognize the taint of the supernatural. By spending 2 points of Momentum, you can identify the specific powers in use.
Spells & Formulae
- Several sets of plain traveling clothes
- Suit of decent clothing
- Sea chest
- A share in a small merchant watercraft
- A leather-bound folio of detailed notes about trade routes
- A coin of ancient Valusia, stamped with the face of savage king
- A fine dress
- Dagger scarred, but holds your family heraldry.
Gold: 16 | Upkeep: 4 (3+2-1)
Verania was the youngest child of a wealthy merchant captain, and her early life was a happy one, travelling with her father, mother, and older brother to distant realms, with just enough adventure to keep things exciting but not especially dangerous. Until one night on the final leg of a journey from Vendhya, only a few days from home, the ship's crew was attacked by a wretched horror that began slaying them one by one or driving them to madness. Somehow Verania thought she knew how the horror could be fought, and worked with her father and brother to set a trap for it. The unspeakable horror was grievously wounded, but not destroyed. In its fury, Verania's family and the remainder of the crew were killed, and the ship itself destroyed. Verania herself faced the monster with only a dagger, which the creature raked with a claw, causing it to fall. Verania closed her eyes and prepared for the worst... but when she opened them a minute later, the horror was inexplicably gone.
She saved herself, clinging to a piece of wreckage until it floated to a shore.