Welcome To The Freakshow:El Chango
Hero Name: El Chango, the monkey
Real Name: Ramon Villalobos
Look: Man, Latino, untrusting eyes, casual clothing, cheap costume
Abilities: Teleportation, gadgetry and hacking
• How did you get your powers? My dad was toymaker for the Southside gangs. The Diablos, the Warriors, the Cosmonauts, all got their jetpacks from him. When he got sent away, the cops cleaned out his workshop, but they missed his pet project. And I? (winks) I got it to work!
• What do you do for fun? Since I got the suit working, I get into a lot of shows for free, y'know? And it really helps with the tagging, too.
• Who, outside the team, thinks better of you than you do? Mr. Ortiz. He taught electronics repair in high school, he knew he didn't have nothing to teach me I didn't already learn from my dad but he let me hang around in his workshop.
• Why do you try to be a hero? OK, let me break this down for you. People find out you can teleport, they're all like, "Ramon, I locked my keys in the car; Ramon, the liquor store is closed; Ramon, you gotta get me those military grade powersuits out of AEGIS HQ since your old man ain't around." So I had to get out of the neighborhood, get my own team and stay legit, or end up sharing a cell with my pops, and he'll kick my ass good.
• Why do you care about the team? Man, I don't know. But I tell you this: they'd be lost without me.
When our team first came together: We totally broke some major rules to win the fight. What rules did we break? Whose rules were they?
Relationships: You keep trying to impress _________________ with your antics. You and ________________ pulled an awesome (if illegal) stunt together.
Influence: You care way more than you let on. Give three teammates Influence over you.
Delinquent Moves: Criminal mind: When you assess the situation, you can always ask one of the following questions, even on a miss: what here is useful or valuable to me? how could I best infuriate or provoke _______? what’s the best way in/way past?
Are you watching closely?: When you mislead, distract, or trick someone, roll + Superior. On a hit, they are fooled, at least for a moment. On a 10+, choose three. On a 7-9, choose two. you get an opportunity you expose a weakness or flaw you confuse them for some time you avoid further entanglement
￼On a miss, you’re hopelessly embroiled in it and under pressure; mark a condition.
Troublemaker: When you help a teammate through destructive, criminal, or rule-breaking actions, you can give them a +2 instead of a +1 when you spend a Team from the pool.
Team Moves: When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if they think you’re cool. If they say yes, give them Influence and take Influence over them. If they say no, mark a condition or spurn them immediately. If they’re a teammate, then either way, add a Team to the pool. When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, give them Influence over you, and ask them who they’d like you to be. Mark potential if you show them that person. If they’re a teammate, add a Team to the pool no matter what.
Moment of Truth: This is when you show them what you really are. Whether you’re the hero underneath the rebel facade...or the one who can make the hard choices heroes can’t make. You do whatever it takes to show that truth, whether it’s saving the day from a terrible villain or stopping a bad guy once and for all. Of course, once you’ve shown what you really are, there’s no going back to playing the clown...
The "Chango suit" is obviously home-made, part wetsuit, part Tron cosplay, part duct tape. It's supposed to give him the proportional strength and agility of a monkey, but that part doesn't work. This gets him in trouble when he teleports onto a slippery surface like the rounded top of a water tower.