Zeitgeist: The Gears of Revolution
Zeitgeist: The Gears of Revolution
Steam and soot darken the skies above the city of Flint, and winds sweeping across its majestic harbor blow the choking products of industrial forges into the fey rainforests that dot its knife-toothed mountains. Since the earliest ages when the people of Risur founded this city, they feared the capricious beings that hid in those fog-shrouded peaks, but now as the march of progress and the demands of national defense turn Flint into a garden for artifice and technology, the old faiths and rituals that kept the lurkers of the woods at bay are being abandoned.
The Unseen Court, the Great Hunt, and the many spirits of the land long ago conquered by Risur’s kings no longer receive tribute, but they cannot enter these new cities of steam and steel to demand their tithe. The impoverished workers who huddle in factory slums fear monsters of a different breed, shadowy children of the new urban labyrinth. Even their modern religions have no defenses against these fiends.
Times are turning. The skyseers—Risur’s folk prophets since their homeland’s birth—witness omens in the starry wheels of heaven, and they warn that a new age is nigh. But what they cannot foresee, hidden beyond the steam and soot of the night sky, is the face of this coming era, the spirit of the age: the zeitgeist.
- Berg Vasilovich, Dwarf Battlemind & Yerasol Veteran, played by EnigmaticOne
- Dar’ana Beaudelaire, Half-Elf Vekeshi Mystic & Vestige Pact Warlock, played by Caiphon
- Tazaerich, Elf Ranger & Gunsmith, played by Mpascal02
- Inspector Jerixx, Changeling Psion & Spirit Medium, played by Atlictoatl
- Rosalia Savory, Human Bard & Docker, played by Bira
- Neron Akol, Human Wizard & Technologist, played by Mandrion
- Inspector William LeRoy, Human Martial Scientist & Warlord, played by JoenotCharles
- Cloudwood Switchback
- Industrial District
- Cauldron Hill
- Nettles Church
- Bayou Wharf
- At Sea
- Creepy Warehouse
- Dawn Square
- Macbannin's Manor
- Withcoil Lab
|Acrobatics (Dex)||+4||+3||+4||+12||+6 (+7 unarmoured)|
|Athletics (Str)||+12||+2||+2||+7||+5 (+6 unarmoured)|
|Diplomacy (Cha)||+2 (+3 in 10 sq of Dar'ana)||+6||+14 (+15 in 10 sq of Dar'ana)||+1 (+2 in 10 sq of Dar'ana)||+11 (+12 in 10 sq of Dar'ana)|
|Endurance (Con)||+14||+6||+8||+3||+9 (+10 unarmoured)|
|Stealth (Dex)||+4||+5||+6/+7||+12||+6 (+7 unarmoured)|
|Thievery (Dex)||+4||+8||+4||+7||+6 (+7 unarmoured)|
- Flint: 3
- Risur: 3
- The Unseen Court: 3
- The Family: 2
The City of Flint
RHC Flint HQ
1. Entrance. At least two guards are on duty at all times.
2. Lower Hallway.
3. Western Stairwell.
4. Eastern Stairwell.
5. Interrogation Rooms.
6. Quartermaster Office.
7. General Supplies. Door locked. Requires a quartermaster to access.
8. Evidence. Door locked. Requires paperwork to access.
9. Secretary Pool.
10. Guard Room. Each room typically has another two guards.
12. Inspector’s Desks.
13. Delft’s Office.
14. Support Offices.
15. Break Room.
16. Upper Hallway.
17. Saxby’s Office.
18. Holding Cells. At least two guards are on duty at all times.
19. Magic Cells. Spellcasters are kept here. The cells are enchanted to function like mage-cuffs; any attempt to use magical powers sounds an alarm and does 10 damage to the prisoner. A golden ward also blocks teleportation and summoning. Two columns glow with pale white light, which grants everyone within 5 squares Resist 10 against all energy types.