Back to AfterRagnarok.
androgyne, luxe wear, striking face, laughing eyes, expressive hands, toned body
In public, Miekke wears a long, gorgeous white fur coat with the hood pulled up tight around their head, an ornate sword strapped to their back.
On stage, they sport a slight top and shorts that show off smooth, moon-white skin interlaced with intricate gold-ink tattoos that climb up the back of their bald skull.
Cool-1 Hard-0 Hot+2 Sharp+2 Weird-1
XP: x x o o o
Harm: 1 taken (Urdakott's pistol), +2 taken (Loki's shotgun), +1 taken from getting shot
1 d-harm (from Blizzard)
- ornate sword (3-harm hand valuable)
- oddments worth 2-barter
- fashion suitable to my look
- long gorgeous coat (worn valuable)
- spectacular tattoos (implanted) - ink made from gold, in fantastical patterns
If you need jingle during a session, tell the MC you’d like to work a gig. Your gigs:
- Perform for a public audience.
- Perform for a private audience.
- Appear at the side of a wealthy NPC.
- Others, as you negotiate them.
Artful & gracious
when you perform your chosen art - any act of expression or culture - or when you put its product before an audience, roll+hot.
On a 10+, spend 3. On a 7-9, spend 1. Spend 1 to name an NPC member of your audience and choose one:
- This person must meet me.
- This person must have my services.
- This person loves me.
- This person must give me a gift.
- This person admires my patron.
On a miss, you gain no benefit, but suffer no harm or lost opportunity. You simply perform very well.
when you have time and solitude with someone, they become fixated upon you. Roll+hot.
On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7–9, hold 2. They can spend your hold, 1 for 1, by:
- Giving you something you want.
- Acting as your eyes and ears.
- Fighting to protect you.
- Doing something you tell them to.
For NPCs, while you have hold over them they can’t act against you. For PCs, instead, any time you like you can spend your hold, 1 for 1:
- They distract themselves with the thought of you. They’re acting under fire.
- They inspire themselves with the thought of you. They take +1 right now.
On a miss, they hold 2 over you, on the exact same terms.
An arresting skinner
When you remove a piece of clothing, your own or someone else’s, no one who can see you can do anything but watch. You command their absolute attention. If you choose, you can exempt individual people, by name.
Healing touch (Angel playbook)
When you put your hands skin-to-skin on a wounded person and open your brain to them, roll+weird. On a 10+, heal 1 segment. On a 7–9, heal 1 segment, but you’re also opening your brain, so roll that move next. On a miss: first, you don’t heal them. Second, you’ve opened both your brain and theirs to the world’s psychic maelstrom, without protection or preparation. For you, and for your patient if your patient’s a fellow player’s character, treat it as though you’ve made that move and missed the roll. For patients belonging to the MC, their experience and fate are up to the MC.
If you and another character have sex, choose one:
- You take +1 forward and so do they.
- You take +1 forward; they take -1.
- They must give you a gift worth at least 1-barter.
- You can hypnotize them as though you’d rolled a 10+, even if you haven’t chosen to get the move.
- Which one of you is my friend? Ylva is.
- Which one of you is my lover? Skuld is very much like a cat that shows up now and then like nothing happened; show up, be really passionate for a little while and then go off on some new gig or something before returning a week or more later with a gift. Loyal if really needed but very rarely overtly romantic.
- Which one of you is in love with me? Dragi, but I don't acknowledge it.
- Which one of you hurt me in a way I won't forget? Loki kicked me off a snowmobile at some point, out somewhere where my survival wasn't assured, abandoned to the elements.
- What's your art?
- Miekke is a hope-spinner. Through snakelike dance, sworddance, and sword-swallowing, Miekke's gold-imprinted moon-white skin impresses on their audience that the otherworldly is among us, and one's deepest longings can find expression. That theme is carried over into the post-performance sessions they offer to those most in need of private counseling.*
- Do you perform at Sjöfn's place? If not, where?
- To Ylva's undying frustration, yes.
- What's Zeds to you? Friend? Lover? Family? Something stranger?
- Zeds is a simple man, who never really expected to have anything of value to call his own. Content to build up something belonging to another. Until he saw Miekke. There's an all-consuming fire in his chest that tells him they are his jewel. His moon. They belong to him. They won't acknowledge it, though. For that, he's going to feed on Miekke's flesh. Miekke can see it in his eyes.