Back to AfterRagnarok.
Woman, environmental wear improper to the local environment, smooth face, pale eyes, soft body
Cool+1 Hard+1 Hot-2 Sharp+1 Weird+2
- Freyr +3
- Miekke +1
- Skuld +2
- Ylva +2
[X] [-] [-] [-] [-]
- Silenced 9mm (2-harm close hi-tech)
- Violation Glove (hand hi-tech)
- Pain-wave Projector (1-harm ap area loud reload hi-tech)
- Environment suit (1 armor)
Oddments worth 8 barter
If you need jingle during a session, tell the MC you’d like to work a gig. Your gigs:
- Interrogate a warlord's NPC prisoners.
- Extort or blackmail a wealthy NPC.
- Serve a wealthy NPC as a kept brainer.
- Others, as you negotiate them.
Direct-brain whisper projection - you can roll+weird to get the effects of going aggro, without going aggro. Your victim has to be able to see you, but you don’t have to interact. If your victim forces your hand, your mind counts as a weapon (1-harm ap close loud-optional).
In-brain puppet strings - when you have time and physical intimacy with someone—again, mutual or 1-sided—you can plant a command inside their mind. Roll+weird. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7–9, hold 1. At your will, no matter the circumstances, you can spend your hold 1 for 1:
- Inflict 1-harm (ap).
- They take -1 right now.
If they fulfill your command, that counts for all your remaining hold. On a miss, you inflict 1-harm (ap) upon your subject, to no benefit.
- Q? Which one of you has slept in my presence (knowingly or un-)? Skuld - sleeping off a heavy night in the basement of Ragnhall
- Q? Which one of you have I been watching carefully, in secret? Ylva - she reminds me of someone I once knew, before I left Freya's Heart
- Q? Which one of you most evidently dislikes and distrusts me? A
Character Questions (from MC)
- [Freya's Heart is] not such a dead city after all, then. Who lives there? Are they hiding from the world? Why? The Sisters of the Orchard have a few gnarled apple trees grown using hydroponics in a cave buried deep in the ice within Freya's Heart. Most of what was once there has been abandoned; only a dozen or so remain and they grow old and grey. Solveig was the youngest and she's decidedly into middle age. The Sisters work feverishly - believing that they can somehow create one of the Apples of Iðunn and with it, a source of eternal youth. Most of them haven't thought ahead to what this would truly mean. They're certain they don't want to be disturbed until their project is complete, however.
- This warning you're supposed to give Miekke... do you know what it means? Solveig is convinced that the Sisters are going to succeed, but not in the way that they intend to. She didn't stick around to find out what the apples might do.
- How did you learn of them? How will you know them? Seeking someone who might be receptive to my warning, I ripped knowledge of them from the mind of the first person that I came across after leaving Freya's Heart.
- Were you sent? Or are you running? Definitely running, but I'm not entirely clear what or whom the Sisters might have sent after me.
- And more importantly, is anyone following? Almost certainly. Can't let anyone else know about the project.
- What did you promise Jinders, that she helped you get to Loggertown? I 'borrowed' a couple of books out of the Sisters' library. I offered to give them away if I got to Loggertown safely and quickly.
- You're going with a military-style hazmat suit? Does it look sleek and badass, or kind of bulky and awkward? It definitely runs towards the bulky and awkward side of the spectrum, like a true Level A containment suit. (Thought it has air filters; I'm not wearing an SCBA the whole time or anything like that.) Even if I was truly at peak physical fitness, this thing would slow me down.
- I wonder if you brought any apples with you. You know, as proof. Or an example. Definitely not for personal consumption, no. There's three of the apples in my pack - one red, one green, one yellow. I haven't worked out exactly what they might do yet, but how could I convince someone without them?
- Books? Actual real-life paper and ink books? Have you read them? Can you? I was taught how to read at a young age, but I'd never been allowed access to the library before. I swiped the books and I've been on the run in the days since, so I haven't had a chance to look through them yet.
- Do you miss any of your fellow sisters? Why? Gods, yes. There's a pervasive sense of betrayal and loss, disbelief that they'd do something that I'm sure is wrong wrapped up with self-loathing for betraying the only people that I've known for my whole life, people who were mothers and sisters to me. Astrid essentially raised me and she pushed the project forward harder than anyone else while Thordis was the sister closest to me in age and lived experience.
- Had you met any men before leaving the cave? Bit of a shock otherwise, that first time. What happened? It's been decades since the last man in Freya's Heart died. Marcus was kind of like a grandfather to everyone, but at this point he's just a memory of my childhood. The first time I ran into one outside, my throat closed up and it was a struggle to speak for several minutes.
- Before you met Jinders and hitched a lift to Loggertown, someone took advantage of your unworldliness. Who? What did they take? And what did you do to them, after? It was the first man that I ran into. I didn't get his name at the time, but while I was gawping like a fish, he took several things off my belt, including my pain-wave projector. Fortunately for me, I followed his tracks through the snow once I'd regained my faculties and came across him lying in a stupor at the spot he'd made camp, having obviously played with something that was beyond his ken. I retrieved my belongings, doused the fire, and left him to the wolves.