CharacterD&D 5E: Freeport 10
- Class: Bard | Background: Criminal | Level: 1 | Alignment: Chaotic Good
- Ht: 5'10" | Wt: 155 lbs | Hair: Graying Black | Eyes: Green
- STR 10 / +0 Save (+0) || DEX 14 / +2 Save (+4) || CON 12 / +1 Save (+1)
- INT 10 / +0 Save (+0) || WIS 13 / +1 Save (+1) || CHA 16/ +3 Save (+5)
Proficiencies: [Proficiency Bonus +2]
- Deception [+5]
- Insight [+3]
- Perception [+3]
- Persuasion [+5]
- Stealth [+4]
- Survival [+3]
- Acrobatics [+2]
- Animal Handling [+1]
- Arcana [+0]
- Athletics [+0]
- History [+0]
- Intimidation [+3]
- Investigation [+0]
- Medicine [+1]
- Nature [+0]
- Performance [+3]
- Religion [+0]
- Sleight of Hand [+2]
- Playing Cards
- Thieves' Tools
AC 17 | HP 9 | Hit Dice: 1d8 | Initiative Modifier +2
|Weapon||To Hit||Damage||Range/Reach||Weapon||To Hit||Damage||Range/Reach|
Spell Casting Stat: Charisma | Spell Attack Bonus: +5 | Spell Save DC: 13
- Dancing Lights
1st Level Spells: [2 Slots]
- Charm Person
- Faerie Fire
- Healing Word
MODERATELY ARMORED You have trained to master the use of medium armor and shields, gaining the following benefits:
- Increase Strength or Dexterity score by 1 to a maximum of 20. (Strength)
- Gain proficiency with medium armor and shields.
WAR CASTER You have practiced casting spells in the midst of combat, learning techniques that grant you the following benefits:
- You have advantage on Constitution saving throws that you make to maintain your concentration on a spell when you take damage.
- You can perform the somatic components of spells even when you have weapons or a shield in one or both hands.
- When a hostile creature's movement provokes an opportunity attack from you, you can use your reaction to cast a spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity attack. The spell must have a casting time of 1 action and must target only that creature.
Racial Features [Variant Human]
Ability Score Increase: Increase 2 attributes by +1 each (STR, CHA)
Speed: Walking: 30'
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and 1 language of your choice (Elven)
Skills: You gain proficiency with one skill of your choice (Survival)
Feat: You gain one Feat of your choice (Moderately Armored)
Bonus Feat: You gain one Feat of your choice (War Wizard)
Class Features [Bard]
Armor Proficiences: Light armor
Weapon Proficiences: Crossbow, Hand, Longsword, Rapier, Shortsword, Simple Weapons
Saving Throws: Dexterity, Charisma
Skills: Perception, Insight, Persuasion
Bardic Inspiration: 3 times per day, D6 Inspiration die.
Background Features [Criminal]
Skill Proficiencies: Deception, Stealth
Tool Proficiencies: Thieve's Tools
Feature: Criminal Contact. You have a reliable and trustworthy contact who acts as your liaison to a network of other criminals. You know how to get messages to and from your contact, even over great distances; specifically, you know the local messengers, corrupt caravan masters, and seedy sailors who can deliver messages for you.
Personality Traits: I would rather make a new friend than a new enemy. I don’t pay attention to the risks in a situation, so never tell me the odds.
Ideal: Freedom. Chains are meant to be broken, as are those who would forge them.
Bond: I have a family, but I have no idea where they are. One day, I would do anything to see them again.
Flaw: My overconfidence will probably lead to my destruction.
- 0 gems
- 0 pp
- 0 gp
- 0 ep
- 0 sp
- 0 cp
- Cutlass (refluffed Rapier)
- Short Bow
- Chain Shirt
- Ball Bearings (1 bag of 1,000)
- Caltrops (1 bag of 20)
- Grappling Hook
- 10 Pitons
- Quiver, 20 Arrows
- Rations, 10 days
- Rope, Hempen, 50'
- Waterskins, 2
- A ceramic mask worn by his sister at her presentation ball.
- None :(
His family were rich merchants and newly minted nobles in [insert relevant kingdom here]. His older brother, Hollis, started a rebellion against the King on the night Gettis' younger sister, Imhed, was being presented at court.
The presentation ball became known as "The Bloodletter's Ball". Hollis and his fellow rebels came within a hair'd breadth of killing the King. In the days after the ball, Hollis' and Gettis' parents threw in with Hollis' rebellion.
When the king's forces rallied and routed the initial rebellion, the Oataheir family fled. Gettis was captured, and despite taking no personal actions against the King, was put in prison as a traitor.
Getti's parents and sister fled, and have since disappeared into hiding from the King's agents, who hunt them to this day. Hollis has continued to fight a guerrilla rebellion against the King. In so doing, Hollis has gained the moniker "Hollis the Red" for his penchant for painting his shield red with the blood of fallen enemies.
Gettis has severed a ten year stint, and was freed about a year ago. While in prison he received martial/magical training from one of the other prisoners, and built up contacts in the criminal community. Over the past year, he's been doing light cons an d some mercenary work for criminals, while searching for his sister and parents.
He's come to Freeport because he's got a lead on getting in touch with his family.
- Pick another PC (one of your teammates). Tell me a rumor or belief your people have about their race/culture/nation.
- Sea Elves are naught but High Elves who died at sea, returned from the briny deep. They are not to be trifled with, as they can curse others to experience the pain of drowning in the sea.
- Tell me about a deity, spirit, or legendary creature your people either worship or fear.
- Gettis and his family venerate Trithereon, the god of Individuality, Liberty, Retribution, Ambition and Self-Defense. His holy symbol is the Rune of Pursuit, a triskelion. They dedicated themselves to Trithereon in his aspect as the god of Ambition. His rites include an annual individual quest (like a modern day scavenger hunt with added religious incantations and rituals) that starts with a 24 hour waking fast - with Trithereon granting a vision of the items to be acquired during the proceeding week to complete the quest.
- Tell me something you would compromise your morals to achieve (or at least consider doing so).
- Gettis would do anything to see his younger sister again, and likely the same to see his parents. He's conflicted about whether to blame his brother for his capture and imprisonment and his family's disappearance. Still, he'd likely throw out his principles for a chance to confront Hollis about it (confront as in argue / emotionally confront, not attempt to hurt/kill his brother).
- Tell me a superstition or unfounded belief that you possess.
- Gettis believes that accepting help from a stranger (e.g. before formal introductions are made) will bring bad luck down on the recipient of such help.