DFA: Leylines Ricki
"Humans are so weird. Hey, you gonna eat that banana peel?"'
Physical Transformation (Sticky)
- Take the "Form of the Raccoon" aspect in addition to your other aspects.
- Swap the ratings of Force & Flair, and Haste & Focus
- Gain all the inherent abilities and limitations of a raccoon, benefiting or suffering scale and automatic success/failure as appropriate
- Superior touch, scent, hearing; inferior vision (except low light)
- Unable to use tools designed for primate hands with opposable thumbs, like power drills and guns; but first and fifth digit can oppose, still allowing dexterous tool use
- Stocky, bear-like build and specialized claws allow superior climbing and dangerous fighting; inferior running and jumping
- Able to squeeze through relatively tight spaces
- Beast Whisperer: You inherently understand and may communicate with any animal of the same type as your wereshape and thus may interact with them as you would with humans. This comprehension does not surmount the limitations of animal intelligence or permit the exchange of concepts too complex for the animal’s ken.
- The Human Touch: As long as the intended recipient knows you’re a werecreature, while in animal form you may communicate simple, single-word concepts (run, attack, guard, distract, et cetera) that casual observation will not detect. Roll Guile to avoid detection from focused attention.
- Fleeting Transformation: Use of the transformative magic is practically reflexive to you. Treat the Physical Transformation condition as Sticky, requiring no time or rest between activations.
- Surmounting the Colossus: Because raccoons are exceptionally capable and tenacious climbers with sharp, digging claws, when in raccoon form I get +2 to Forcefully attack a larger creature, ignoring scale, if I've successfully climbed onto them.
Mark one of Heat’s five boxes when the attention of law enforcement is attracted, as indicated by your stunts. At the beginning of any scene in which you have Heat and are in a sufficiently public place, you must make an overcome roll to avoid drawing further attention.
- Rep: People know your face and/or name and may even fear you, which can be used advantageously. For every box of Heat you are willing to mark, take +2 to intimidate or coerce a non-criminal NPC into cooperating. The NPC will not, however, remain quiet about the coercion.
- Criminal Favors: Acquisition of criminal assistance via marking Heat. One box provides a minor NPC under GM control with +2 in a needed illegal skillset. Two boxes provide two minor NPCs or a significant piece of illegal gear: a stolen car, guns, or drugs. Three boxes grant access to a secure or restricted area but offer no additional benefits once there.
High Concept: Hedonistic Raccoon-Were Thief
Ricki was once just a typical Mississippi Delta Raccoon, born in a barn in bayou country. Clever even compared to her littermates and the elders in her gaze, she figured out how to defeat the newest mechanisms the humans used to hide away their discarded treasures, and she seethed with what she would later call jealousy for it.
Then, one day, the Great Raccoon Spirit appeared to her, and gifted her the ability to walk and talk among the humans, so that she might take all that she desired. She had a particularly confusing time of it at first, but eventually made her way to the outskirts of Baton Rogue where the Motley helped her. She still hasn't gotten entirely used to human concepts like 'private property', but she's turned that into a trade. With Baton Rouge's high crime rates, a little theft here and there isn't particularly notable; the more challenging and interesting jobs are the ones where she's hired to steal something valuable back.
Trouble: Literally Raised in a Barn
Free Aspect: Little Sister of the Motley
Free Aspect: Eyes on the Prize
Free Aspect: '
Stress & Conditions
In Peril (Sticky)