Map of the Karo Province
Guide to the Map
The province of Karo is a province of the Kingdom of Neece, a medium-sized kingdom. In the southwest there is a badlands famous for the ruined settlements that dot its broken landscape. The northeastern desert is a rocky mix of desert and shrubs where a remarkable canal town has a mix of technology and magic that converts saltwater to freshwater (but no one knows how it works) for its residents. Large and sometimes huge wildlife populate the western grasslands.
The City of Constance (08.06)
A city with a population of about 200,000, it is a major trading and economic hub of the Karo Province. Precious metals, including gold, are gathered/refined in Barakob and Swampgash and worked into fine products in this city.
Barakob (03.03) and Swampgash (06.04)
Traders in Swampgash brave the swamps to bring metals from the mining villages to Swampash, where the metals are then processed and delivered to Constance. Barakob has a similar economy, but it is a much safer business environment.
This town is primarily known as a cattle and agricultural town and does a lot of trade with Constance. There are rumors of weird cults and supernatural beings making their home in Rahmsville.
This is an ancient, isolated but self-sufficient town home to a system of canals that converts saltwater from the Eregin Ocean into freshwater that the town’s population can drink. No one who has made themselves known has solved the mystery of its magical technology. Its only links to the outside world are its harbor and a trail leading to Swampgash.
Named after the person who first discovered it long ago, this is in the western edge of the province between the two mountain ranges. Massive land beasts graze and hunt here.
- Telmar Coppervein, Dwarf Paladin
- Character sheet
- Telmar was a dwarf in Constance who worked as a guard for important clients and goods. One day, while paying his respects to Grundinnar, his deity spoke to Telmar to carry out the tenets of the god, and become a champion for him. Bestowed with the symbol of Grundinnar, a light hammer, he set forth to mediate between any parties in dispute.
Plum, Sprite Monk
- Character Sheet
- Plum did not grow up in any settlement, although it was near Constance. Was it Constance? It was probably Constance. Maybe, definitely. He wasn't really around people, anyway, and he tended to move around a lot.
- He learned, from his parents and from his own exploration, a lot about nature and a good amount about magic. And some of that came easily to him--he was a sprite, after all, a being practically made of the stuff. Magic, that is. Also nature, sort of. He was never really a spell caster, but a subtler magic fills him and empowers him.
- He was content with that. But his parents had disappeared into the First World years ago, and eventually there wasn't so much to explore. Occasionally, people from the town did come by his little home. He liked to watch them; people could be interesting. Eventually he decided to pay a visit to the city. He had some coin, mostly picked up here and there after being dropped by travelers. He'd like to see what he could see in the city.
- It was very different! But very busy, and that was fun. There were so many people there, and that was fun too. Plum quickly decided that he liked being around the giant big folk. Some of them took no notice of him at all, and some paid him quite a lot of attention.
- But it was the cat lady who captured his own attention; she looked like she needed help.
Zinari Diamonds, Catfolk Witch
- Zinari was a gambler, and good at her job, until she entered the wrong card tournament. The local Thieves Guild had a player in it, and they bet heavily on him to win. They leaned on her to throw the game, but she didn’t. So they had a jinx put on her, to make her an example, and make her life a living hell. She turned to Lady Luck, who offered her the chance to change her fortune, by pushing her jinx onto others. Her future as a professional gambler was still shaky, but as an adventurer, she could make some coin by plying her new abilities.