Its A Mad World Epic4E:Pardallion
Pardallion is a character played by Kaiu Keiichi in the "It's a Mad World" campaign.
| Pardallion @ Iplay4e
Some say that she is the greatest woman and hero in the world. Due to her arrogance and smart demeanor I would dispute that assessment. I wish that such puissant individuals did not arise from the smaller schools of thaumaturgy, since that can not be yoked or controlled into proper academic discourse or the discipline of peer review. It was a massive affront when she marched into the Collegium hall with the head of Lady Shel Vas, White Dragon of the Anshur wastes, who had menaced the northern reaches of the empire for decades. "Fellow scholars!" she bellowed, like some barbarian warlord. "This is the objective experimental results of my technique. Should my worthies have time, I would like to present to you the arcane theorems that were used in the subdual and skinning of this beast. I have a full presentation and lecture prepared, if you so wish." The entire audience broke out into cheering and applause. I was even further disgusted that I could find no weakness in the theoretical basis of the teleportational and elemental combat wizardry she employed. Now, her ruffian school has an instruction hall and gymnasium on the campus grounds, and even my own students make plans to raid tombs instead of engaging in fruitful research. I hate that woman.
Height: 5, 10"
Weight: 165 lbs.
Age: About 40; although she is handsome, lean, athletic and has a fierce charisma that overcomes younger beauties. Never, ever say to her face that she is any older than 39.
Deity: She and all who follow her school follow a deity called the Mistress of Blades, who extorts her worshippers to constrant training, excellence and improvement. The Mistress of Blades is believed to be one of the names of the Red Knight.
- Pardallion, the Azure Wind - The World's Greatest Swordswoman! - A trail of duellists, warlords, evil conquerors and dark priests litters the road behind Pardallion. Not all of the victories were easily won, and she was even overmatched by several of her opponents (such as Redsorrow, an Avenger who was known as the Blade of Bane), but Pardallion is renowned the world over as being the greatest blade who has ever lived. It's been a long, hard road, attained through risk, hard work, and constant, constant study and training. She now wants a daughter and student who can surpass her.
Pardallion is the world's greatest Swordmage, at least to most Sage's reckoning. Some of her legendary feats include -
- Born of a thug and a whore, she rose from humble beginnings. - Pardallion was originally the daughter of a dock worker and a whore on the hard docks of Rokashas, a middling size port city on the Sea of Dragons. Her life was originally slated to be following in either her mother's footsteps or her fathers - daddy was a minor crime boss on the docks. However, Martinae The Azure Wind literally bought the brave little girl who defended her gang from 3 much older and tougher ruffians. While she lost, Martinae noted that the fast and athletic girl never gave up and always dragged herself to her feet with her knife. This began a 25 year life of adventure that would see Pardallion assume Martinae's mantle when student surpassed mentor at the battle of seven hills.
- Pardallion was transformed from a guttersnipe child into a bold adventurer. - Pardallion was brought by her new mistress across the world, and sent on many missions on her own. Martinae Half Elven hammered the girl with rigorous physical training and gruelling academic study. During this time Pardallion first had her heart broken in the Underdark, and almost lost her heart to evil. It's at this time she first crossed blades with her lover and worst foe, Redsorrow.
- Pardallion, the Azure Wind - The World's Greatest Lover! - The issue here is that she doesn't really try. Some bards regard it as almost a joke, but Pardallion has incredibly bad and good luck in finding lovers. She has the sexual mores of an alleycat, which has put off kings and knights from pursuing her, but has also been in passionate romances, intrigues, and blood-soaked fueds over dead lovers. During her younger days, she spent 5 years in the Underdark pursuing High Matriarch Adalass, who literally flayed her lover Alaston, a Drow man whom she had a fierce romance with, to death.
- Pardallion, the Azure Wind - The World's Biggest Heart! - Pardallion could give a rat's ass less about building empires or scheming for power. She's more interested in seeing beautiful things, living an exciting life, and seeing that people are happy and well fed. She's been known to go an epic quests simply because children were crying. Heavens forbid you're a tyrant of any kind - evil priest of Bane or a pimp - Pardie will punish you, from knocking your teeth out to disintegrating you.
- Pardallion, the Azure Wind - The World's Greatest Leader! - She also downplays this too, but Pardallion actually has a remarkable talent for diplomacy, statecraft and resolving differences, such as when she resolved the 300 years war between the Orc kingdomn of Marhosa and the Elven confederacy of Dalash.
Here are some of Pardallion's other accomplishments -
- Holding the line at the battle of Dalgas pass, where she and her blade were the only things holding back the armies of Tolan Kas, the Red Herald of Asmodeous
- Recovering the lost tome of Ulan Shas, rediscovering the connection between blade magic and wizardry. For this, Pardallion the Azure Wind finally forced the Heirophants of Ul to admit that the Azure Wind and other related Swordmage schools were legitimate magic styles, and to introduce Blade Wizardry into their academy's curricula.
- Winning the heart and refusing the hand Lord Summersky, Eladrin master of the castle of dawn. "I'll always love you, but I have a husband, I carry him on my back."
- Donating an entire Dragon Horde to save the starving nation of Elissus from the 5 year famine. "What was I going to do? What do I need a castle for?"
Martinae had been poisoned by the Drow household of Venomweb, whom Martinae had stopped in their wicked surface plots. The house is now a wrecked ruin, their compound in the Underdark now a blasted crater, courtesy of the Azure Blade when she lead 7th Stoutheart Legion during that harrowing Underdark battle under the 7 Hills of Al Kulas, saving the Sapphire Empire's capital.
So, now, Pardallion feels the weight of ages on her shoulders. While by no means done adventuring or improving her art, she seeks a worthy heir. While both she and her mother-mistress Martinae had left many gymnasiums and studios, and the Azure Wind school of Assault Swordmage technique is now taught around the world, she wishes for her mistress' legacy to continue, as a generations long worship-act to the Goddess of Blades.
- Pardallion’s recent partnership with the Inwyt Son of Shadow has left the thief utterly bemused, especially considering the circumstances of their meeting. He somewhat uncomfortable with Pardallion’s forthrightness -- “...having a conversation with her is rather like looking into the sun; and it ends in tears just as often,” as he puts it -- and even more so with the realization that she’s someone that he can trust. Haven’t been many people like that in his past.
 Character Ties
- Autumn sought out the help of Pardallion when she was tracking down a cult of Orcus in the Underdark. The swordmage's services weren't cheap, not just in money, but in promise of future favors, but the woman proved her usefulness time and again, including outright saving Autumn's life from an assassin's knife while she was intent on battling the cult leader. Though the swordmage waved it off, Autumn believes she owes a life-debt to Pardallion.