Superman is the most powerful being on planet Earth, an alien immigrant named Kal-El from the planet Krypton who was raised in Smallville, Kansas, to become an American superhero. Raised with high moral ideals, he uses his incredible strength, speed, flight and various other superpowers to fight evil and protect the innocent. In his civilian identity he is Clark Kent, a mild-mannered reporter working for the Daily Planet in Metropolis. He is a founding member of the Justice League of America and a charter member of the Legion of Super-Heroes in the 30th Century.
Power Level: 15 (225pp)
Abilities: STR: 18  (+20), DEX: 14 (+2), CON: 18  (+8), INT: 12 (+1), WIS: 16 (+3), CHA: 20 (+5)
Skills: Concentration 12 (+15), Diplomacy 8 (+13), Handle Animal 4 (+9), Knowledge [Current Events] 8 (+9), Languages [Kryptonian; base: English], Notice 11 (+14), Profession [Journalist] 8 (+11), Sense Motive 8 (+11)
Feats: All-Out Attack, Attractive 2, Equipment 3, Improved Grab, Inspire 5, Interpose, Leadership, Luck 7, Power Attack
- Blast 10 [Heat] (Flaw: Distracting [-1]; Power Feats: Precise; 11pp)
- Enhanced Strength 32 (32pp)
- AP: Super-Strength 14 (Power Feats: Groundstrike, Shockwave, Super-Breath, Thunderclap; 1pp)
- Enhanced Constitution 8 (8pp)
- Flight 11 (Dynamic; 23pp)
- Dynamic AP: Super-Speed (Power Feats: Rapid Attack, Rapid Fire; 2pp)
- Protection 12 (Extra: Impervious [+1]; 24pp)
- Super-Senses 16 (Accurate [Normal Hearing], Extended [Normal Hearing] 3, Extended [Normal Sight] 3, Microscopic Vision 4, X-Ray Vision [can’t see through lead]; 16pp)
Equipment: Fortress of Solitude (Size: Huge; Toughness: 20; Features: Computer, Concealed 3, Infirmary, Isolated, Living Space, Power System, Security System. Cost: 15ep)
Combat: Attack +10; Damage +10 (Blast) / +20 (Unarmed); Defense +10 (+5 flat-footed), Initiative +2 (up to +22 with Super-Speed)
Saves: Toughness +20 (+12 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Reflex +3, Will +10
Drawbacks: Power Loss (all powers, when not recharged with sunlight; Uncommon, Minor; -1pp x 7 = -7pp), Power Loss (Protection, against magical effects; Uncommon, Minor; -1pp), Weakness (Kryptonite, lethal [drains Constitution], each round; Uncommon, Major; -9pp)
Abilities 36 + Skills 15 (60 Ranks) + Feats 22 + Powers 117 + Combat 40 + Saves 10 – Drawbacks 17 = 225
Mechanically, this Superman is a brick, through and through. He has a +5 tradeoff in favor of Save DC and Toughness. With only a +10 to Attack, he’ll miss a lot if he tries to hit slippery targets, but he can trade Defense (which he doesn’t need with Toughness +20) for All-Out Attack. If he really wants to lay down the hurt, he can do that concurrently with Power Attack to up his damage to +25.
Of course, since he is Superman, no matter which Earth he hails from, he has a host of other powers but is a master of none. He has heat vision, but he functions only as a PL10 blaster. He can fly, which works in a dynamic array with Super-Speed. The faster he flies, the less Super-Speed he can use. Superman also has the requisite extended range on his hearing and sight, as well as microscopic and X-Ray vision. His hearing his accurate as well, allowing him to pinpoint cries of help.
Superman has a pretty good build even without his powers, thus the 18s in Strength and Constitution. His Enhanced Strength is arrayed against Super-Strength. The reasoning is that Enhanced Strength increases his striking power, while Super-Strength increases his grappling or other consistent application of Strength and aren’t used together. Also, although Kal-El is bright, he is not incredibly intelligent, owing to his simple upbringing. But with Super-Speed, he can think up to 50 times faster than a normal person, which can make him seem a lot smarter than his score of 12.
- arrow: We kept most of his drawbacks the way they work on Earth-One. Superman loses power if he goes too long without sunlight. Kryptonite absolutely works him over, draining him of one point to each ability every round and is potentially lethal. Finally, the always-vague susceptibility to magic didn’t seem to be vulnerability per se. Essentially, magic works on Superman the way it works on a normal man. I also differentiate his Toughness from Constitution as overall ability to take a hit, since it is linked to his Fortitude save as well, while his Toughness from Protection as how impenetrable his skin and muscles are to damage. So Superman’s Protection is useless against magical effects.
Notes: Character Bio extract to DC Database.
Return to Main Menu: