Vulpines are not an original concept; there are originally found here. However, the mechanics of the race have been modified slightly to be more balanced.
Vulpines are a curious race of fox-people, who tend towards a simple lifestyle. They are strongly attached to nature, and are a joyful and playful folk. Vulpines tend towards secrecy, and are rather protective of their homes.
Personality: Vulpines tend to be laidback, taking life as it comes, though when something piques their interest they tend to investigate it with great vigor. Vulpines tend towards shyness around unfamiliar people, though it is not difficult to gain their trust. Vulpines tend to be scavengers, salvaging things they find and hoarding them for trade.
Physical Description: Vulpines stand between 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 feet tall and weigh anywhere from 15 to 20 pounds. They generally have ruddy orange-brown fur with a lighter underside, though Vulpines with white, grey, or tan fur are not unheard of. Their fur tends to have a wide range of markings, and their bushy tails, paws, and ears are generally a lighter or darker color than their predominant color. Vulpines generally have amber or brown eyes.
Vulpines are considered adults by the age of 10 and live to be 35-40 years old. Most wear single-piece clothing such as long tunics and ponchos. Vulpines typically weave patterend clothing with earthy colors.
Relations: Vulpines tend to get along relatively well with races that share their prediliction for nature - elves, moogles, and lunari are among the races that they get along especially well with. They tend to avoid races that focus on technology (with moogles as an obvious exception), and are known to be excellent at fishing. Vulpines tend to be rather secluded, and thus are often surprised and cautious around races with which they have limited exposure.
Alignment: Vulpines tend towards neutrality, though with a good bent - they tend to help each other out. Vulpines are rather family-oriented, making them slightly leaning towards lawful, but this is balanced out by the fact that they tend to enjoy freedom and have a great dislike for restrictions.
Vulpine Lands: Vulpines originate in the Woodland League, but have since spread throughout the nearby continents. They do not make nations, instead preferring to live in rather simplistic villages in mild isolation from other races.
Religion: Vulpines are rather superstitious, and tend towards belief in the Eidolons. Beyond simple beliefs, however, the vast majority of vulpines do not contemplate religious matters, and some simply follow the ways of nature.
Language: Vulpines speak Quenya, which they were taught by the elves in the the time of the Woodland League and have passed on since. Vulpines rarely write, but when they do, they use a variant of the Tengwar. As with almost all other races, vulpines are also taught a trade language, and they tend to pick up a common language by trading.
Names: Vulpines tend to have an earth name and a given name. A vulpine's given name is normally the name of a stone, a metal or a plant. Vulpine earth names normaly somehow associate with the celestial bodies and are composed of two words. Some Vulpines make up their own names once they reach adulthood, these names rarely have any simularity to the common naming patterns that Vulpines generaly exersize.
Male Names: Antine, Chal, Flint, Pota, Stone, Tanium.
Female Names: Clover, Cobalt, Ivy, Leaf, Mith, Vine.
Earth Names: Sunberry, Starfire, Shadowsplash, Moonbeam.
Adventurers: Most Vulpine adventurers are young adults, their extreme curiosity about the world around them leads them away from the home earth to explore. Most adventuring vulpines are scouts or bards.
 Vulpine Racial Traits
- +2 Dex, -2 Con: Vulpines are very graceful and have good hand-eye cordination, however they are somewhat less sturdy than other races.
- Small: As a small creature, a vulpine gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide Checks, but she uses smaller weapons than wolves use, and her lifting, and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a medium character.
- Vulpine base land speed is 20 feet.
- Low-light vision with a base multiplier of x2.
- Scent (Ex): This extraordinary ability lets a them detect approaching enemies, sniff out hidden foes, and track by sense of smell.
- A vulpine can drop to all fours, giving them a movement speed of 40 feet and a +4 circumstance bonus on Balance and Jump checks. A vulpine can only drop to all fours if both their hands are free. Dropping to all fours is a free action, but resuming an upright stance takes a move action.
- +2 racial bonus to Hide, Listen, Move Silently, and Survival checks. Vulpines are very agile and surefooted, as well as good at tracking and capturing their prey.
- -2 racial penalty to Spot checks against non-moving objects. Vulpines have eyesight that is geared for moving creatures, not stationary objects.
- Automatic languages: One Common language, one Trade language, Quenya. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Choose one - druid, scout.