Annaliese Claymoor (Isle of Storms)
Character in Isle_of_Storms
Annaliese Claymoor was born in a rural village off the beaten path. Her family were homesteaders, farming and ranching in an out of the way place. She was the oldest daughter of Patrock and Yemalla Claymoor. Patrock died when she was four and Yemalla married Tomal Serinay a few years later. They had eight more kids all five or more years younger than Ana. Yemalla died in childbirth of her last son and Ana ended up raising the children as Tomal became more interested in spending time at night at an inn a mile down the road. One night, when Ana was 19 she demanded Tomal stay home so she could spend time with her sweetheart Jace. Jace lived in the small village, working at the general store. He did the books and was skilled with some minor magics. The few times she was able to spend time with him, he taught her a few magic runes. She had a knack for it but only when she worked slowly, deliberately.
After several weeks complaining Tomal finally relented. That night Ana and Jace had their first real date. Jace walked her home from the nearby inn and when then arrived, the barn and the farmhouse were on fire. Jace ran toward the house and was shot in the chest with a crossbow bolt from raiding bullywugs. Ana managed to stay out of sight and approached the house more carefully. At the house she found her siblings and step-father's bodies hung in the courtyard. With no concern for herself, she calmly walked into the farmhouse, retrieved her father's old rapier from the mantle, and killed every last bullywug on the property. How she did this, she does not know. She does not care. She just knows when she sees red, she survives. Part of the way through the fight, she picked up a shield that was laying in the grass. She carries it to this day.
With no reason to remain on the farm. She found what few undestroyed belongings she could, including Jace's spell book, and returned to the town. She stayed the night in the inn where the innkeeper tried to get her stick around as a nighttime companion. She nearly killed him in her disgust and left town hoping to find meaning to live. As long as it was far from the small, smoldering farm in the middle of nowhere.
- Race: Human; Class-Level: Barbarian-5; Background: Outlander
- Alignment: Neutral Good; Proficiency Bonus: +3
- Passive Perception: 14; Passive Investigation: 10
- Hit Dice: 5d12+15; Spent HD: None
- Strength: 10 (+0); SAVES: +3; Athletics: +3
- Dexterity: 16 (+3); SAVES: +3 Advantage; Stealth: +6; Original value: 15
- Constitution: 16 (+3); SAVES: +6; Original value: 15
- Intelligence: 10 (+0); Nature: +3
- Wisdom: 14 (+2); Perception: +5; Survival: +5; Original value: 13
- Charisma: 8 (-1); Intimidation: +2
- Speed: 40 ft
- Initiative: +3
- AC: 18 (Shield + Dex + Con)
- HP: 57/57; TEMP: 0
- Rages: 3/3
- Rapier +1: +7 melee 1d8+6 piercing (+2 when raging, Can reroll the die once, add two dice (instead of one) on a critical hit)
- Short Bow: +6 ranged 1d6+5 piercing; Range: 80/320
- Languages: Trade Tongue, Onesh, Ismoni
- Tools: Flute
- Armor: Light armor, medium armor, shields
- Weapons: All simple and martial weapons
Race: Human (variant)
- Ability Score Increase: +1 to Wis and Con; Bonus Skill: Stealth; Bonus Feat: Piercer
- Language: Onesh
- Skills: Athletics, Survival; Tools: Flute; Language: Ismoni
- Origin: Homesteader
- Wanderer: You have excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.
- Piercer: +1 Dex; once per turn, reroll damage on damage dice; on a crit add an additional damage die
- Fighting Initiate: gain a fighting style:
- Dueling: When you are wielding a melee weapon in one hand and no other weapons, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls with that weapon.
- Rage: For up to one minute, 3 times per long rest, grants:
- Advantage on Strength saves and checks
- Add +2 to all melee damage rolls
- Resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage
- Unarmored Defense: When not wearing armor, add Dexterity and Constitution bonus to AC. Shield is not considered “armored” for this effect.
- Primal Knowledge: At 3rd level, gain one proficiency from Barbarian class list: Intimidation
- Path of the Totem Warrior
- Spirit Seeker: Can cast beast sense and speak with animals as a ritual spell.
- Totem Spirit (Bear): While raging, gain resistance to all forms of damage except psychic.
- ASI: Feat Fighting Initiate
- Fast Movement: Speed increased by 10 feet/round
- Extra Attack: Make two attacks as a single attack action.
- Large Shield (old, battered, oft-repaired, unknown design) (6#)
- Rapier +1 (2#)
- Short Bow (2#)
- Bracers of Archery (Attuned, +2 damage with arrows)
- 30 arrows
- Jace's Spell Book (3#)
- Waterskin (5#)
- Traveler's Clothes (4#)
- Backpack (5#)
- Bedroll (7#)
- Common Clothes (3#)
- Flute (1#)
- Mess Kit (1#)
- Perfume (vial) (--)
- Tinderbox (1#)
- Whetstone (1#)
- Pouch (32gp, 502 sp, 60 cp)
- Teddy Bear, small, raggedy and beaten up, hangs from belt, missing one eye (replaced by a tiger eye gem worth 10 gp)
House in Trade Town
- Under a secret floor board
- 601 gp, 22 pp, 1500 sp, 100 cp