Luke Seiver is IMPEDOR, a hero enrolled in Pinnacle Academy in Masks: Apogee. He'll stand against any villainous scheme and dastardly deed! And not just because he wants to prove to his dad, emperor of the moon, that he's totally different and way better than that fake robot prince his dad made to torment him!
Look: Luke is a fairly average looking scrawny white 16 year old. He's got dark messy hair and brown eyes. He rocks some old grunge/punk style (hand-me-downs from his aunt on his mother's side). For more dangerous work, he has a repurposed suit he stole from his father (but it's getting a little small...)
- Danger: +1
- Freak: +1
- Savior: +1
- Superior: 0
- Mundane: 0
- Electrokinesis (Luke can shoot and control powerful blasts of electricity, and to a much lesser extent, manipulate magnetic fields)
- A powerful weapon (Baetylus, his father's shield. Carved from a strange meteorite, with mysterious properties. Powerful magnetic resonance means Luke can almost use it to reliably fly around)
Advancement: Potential: 0/5
Luke has influence over:
- Ari/Dreamer, the Outsider
- JJ/Io, the Protege
- My parent once fought and thrashed Amy/Ombra; I’ve got to find a way to make it up to them.
- Asaru is the only one who understands what I’m going through; I told them which part of me I wished was more like my parent
They don't deserve forgiveness! - When you accuse an enemy of being irredeemable, you can mark two conditions to take Influence over you away from them. When you directly engage someone who has no Influence over you, you can always choose 1 additional option, even on a miss.
Moldable - When you pierce the mask of someone who respect you crave, you can always ask "How could I gain Influence over you?", even on a miss. Take +1 ongoing to act on the answer.
- When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if you have earned their respect. If you have, take Influence over them and mark potential. If you have not, give them Influence over you and mark potential.
- When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them if they would defend you against those who mistrust you. If they say yes, clear a condition and shift Savior up and any other Label down. If they say no, mark a condition and shift Danger up and any other Label down.
Moment of Truth - People have always tried to define you by your lineage. As if from the moment you were born, you were meant to be some villain to be defeated. But... they're right, aren't they? That darkness is in you. So right here, right now, you're not fighting it--you're embracing it. Both hero and villain, and greater besides. You're overcoming impossible odds in ways no hero would approve of, and no villain could comprehend. Of course, after seeing what you can really do when you embrace the whole of yourself, the rest of the world isn't going to forget who you really are...
Respect Write down the names of at least two other characters whose respect you need to earn in order to differentiate yourself from your parent. You may fill in new names whenever appropriate.
- Your parent’s greatest enemy: Professor Jupiter (Io's dad) Respect: ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ Advancement: ☐
- Your parent’s greatest victim: ______________________ Respect: ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ Advancement: ☐
- Your personal idol: Thousand (Weapons/Combat instructor at Pinnacle) Respect: ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ Advancement: ☐
- The city’s greatest leader: __________________________ Respect: ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ Advancement: ☐
- The city’s greatest hero: ___________________________ Respect: ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ Advancement:☐
- The city’s biggest celebrity: _______________________ Respect: ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ Advancement: ☐
When you seek out one of the characters named above, roll + Savior. On a hit, you track them down. On a 7-9, they’re juggling their own problems, and may not have time for you. On a miss, when you find them, the situation is dire; the GM will tell you how.
If you earn Influence over the characters listed above, instead you mark 1 Respect. If you lose Influence over the characters listed above, you lose 1 Respect. If you lose 1 Respect and you have none marked, you immediately mark a condition, GM’s choice. - The first time you reach 4 Respect on an individual, take an advancement.
While you have 4 Respect on an individual:
- You can reject their Influence at a +3 (does not stack with the above).
- You take +1 to a Label of their choice (record it next to their name).
If you dip below 4 Respect on an individual, you lose those benefits.
Lucas Seiver was raised on the moon as a part of his father's, Emperor Omphalos's, grand regime. It wasn't all bad - it's hard to see your father as a tyrannical megalomaniac when the rest of the world is so far away, and most of the people surrounding you are just the highly advanced tyrandroids built to enforce the will of the empire. But between the superscience experiments on Luke's metahuman biology (resulting in his electrokinetic powers), the way his mother turned her head whenever his father talked about "conquest" at the dinner table, and some radio transmissions and a little curiosity, Luke knew he couldn't stay and be a pawn in his father's schemes. Enlisting sympathetic tyrandroids and with the blessing of his mother, he fashioned a one-way escape craft, and crash landed at his aunt's house when he was 12. But not before taking his father's most prized possession - a shield made of some alien meteorite (stolen mostly for spite - even Luke doesn't know exactly what it does).
Luke's now 16, and trying his best to live a normal person life while standing up against injustice and tyranny, and making plans for his eventual showdown with his father one day - he's taken the name Impedor, in his fight against the schemes and abuses of the wicked. It doesn't help that his father keeps sending tyrandroids down to fight him or wreak havoc or gloat that they're the new prince elect.
- Who is your supervillain parent? - my dad, "Emperor Omphalos"! Blech!
- Who told you about your parent's true nature? - Kinda picked it up on my own, with a little help from my robot friends and the radio broadcasts I'd been listening to.
- Why did you turn from your lineage to be a hero? - When you've been told your whole life that you're part of a grand tradition that's saving the world from itself, hey, sometimes you believe it! I'm here to do what's right, even if it means fighting my dad!
- Who, outside of the team, helps you on your chosen path? - Thousand, our combat instructor at school! He's way into this kind of thing and seems like a genuinely good dude.
- Why do you care about the team? - I'm gonna need all the help I can get if I want to end my father's reign of terror and convince him to turn his powers to good. Plus, it's nice to have friends that aren't robots (or, even if they are robots, not robots my dad made to play with me/defeat me in combat/replace me).
Supervillain Parent Info Zone Stay Out
- Supervillain Parent: Emperor Omphalos (Maximillian Seiver)
- Type: grand tyrant
- Relationship: actively adversarial + redemption/corruption
- Their abilities/strengths: diabolical machines, endless minions, unrivaled genius