Baron the Infernal
Lackey for The Trickster
Hot -1 Cold -1 Volatile +2 Dark +1
- Name a dark power that you owe a debt to. Choose two Bargains that it has made with you. It can hold Strings against you. Whenever it collects 5 Strings against you, trigger your Darkest Self
- When you lash out physically against someone on a 10 up they lose 1 String on you. On a 7-9, add to your list of options: they lose 1 String on you.
Numbing it Out
- You can give the dark power a String in order to remove a Condition or up to two harm.
- You can give the dark power a String in order to realize a secret about someone you're talking to. The owner of that character will reveal one of their secret fears, secret desires, or secret strengths (they choose).
- When you have sex, the dark power loses a String on you and gains a String on whoever you had sex with.
Alestor - 0
Amanda - 0
Brittany - 0
Vanessa - 1
- Day four in the hospital and Baron was having the dream again. It was the car crash, but not. The actual crash eluded him. Swelling in the brain tends to do that to people. In his dream, the car was upside down and everything was tinged red with the blood that dripped down into his eyes. He wasn't sure if it was his blood or his parents. While in reality they only suffered only minor bumps and bruises, here they were unmistakably dead as no one could survive their horrific wounds. Baron, in this dream state, had difficulty understanding the jumbled mess of their bodies. An agnostic bordering on atheism , Baron called out for God to help him. A figure crouched beside the rear passenger car window replied, "God isn't here, but perhaps I could help." The man pontificated about the bizarre subjects, about contracts, tricks, and practical jokes and how the area needed a few nudges to become a more interesting place to live. When the car caught on fire, Baron would have agreed to anything. The dream always ended there with a great sense of dread that continued long after Baron awoke.
- Day eight and Baron was finally ready to leave the hospital. The swelling had finally gone with no sign of permanent damage and crutches helped him get around despite the large cast on his leg. As his parents went to get the car, Dr. Totah came in to give him his discharge papers, prescriptions, and final instructions. As the Doc droned on and on, a funny thought came to Baron. The goateed doctor from Egypt reminded him of the man from his dream. He only really needed a suit that some dandy would wear in the 19th century and raven headed walking stick to complete the illusion.
- "... cane until you feel you can get around without one. You should have no problem rejoining your friends on the wrestling team by senior year. Any questions?" the doctor stood up and started heading to the door.
- "None. Thanks doc," Baron replied.
- "Good! Now remember, I gave you your life back. I gave your parents lives. You owe me. Now get out there and create some chaos!" The doc was out of the doorway before the stunned Baron could react.
- You can't get what you need, anymore. The world has left you cold and alone, shivering in the wake of your own addictions. The dark power will make some open-ended demands of you, and it'll promise some lucrative (and perhaps volatile) things in return. Ever demand you fulfill brings you a little closer to feeling whole again, to rekindling the fire in your heart. Whenever you fulfill those demands, remove a String it holds on you. You escape your Darkest Self when the dark power has no more Strings on you, or when you agree to an even worse bargain with an even more dangerous dark power.
Character in Dark Times At Aspen Hill