ack to Homepage
Bhaelgrym Stonefinger, Dwarf Male Thief 6
Race: Dwarf; Sex: Male; Age: 47
Height: 4'2"; Weight: 155lbs; Eye Color:; Hair Color:; Features:
Bond – Brundar Goldaxe (unrequited love) – A popular dwarf frau in the clan, but she either doesn’t know I exist, or does know and steadfastly ignores me (possibly enhancing my Flaw)
Gr’duk Bywalay (Delve of the Thane) – The Delve that is Hearth, if not Home. Though I am a “thief,” I am representing the Clan in this summons, and I will do nothing to embarrass my home or my Clansmen
Ring (personal project) – I am trying to perfect a piece of jewelry that I have never managed to complete to my liking. I have etched it, added and subtracted metals and gems and am still looking for a way to complete the vision I see in my head.
Flaw – Insecure. I am a thief, and my peers did not look kindly on my skills, calling me “Skulk” and using me often as advance scout into dangerous areas, little caring about my welfare. As a result, I am always questioning my worth to any group I am part of.
Ideal – Acquit yourself to the best of your ability, in the hope that it will be enough.
Traits – Gruff and sardonic, with a lot of muttered asides that show a sort of sarcastic, gallows humor, but fiercely devoted to those that earn my trust.
|Strength||15||Mod: +1; Saving Throw: +2; Base Encumbrance: 75#|
|Dexterity||16||Mod: +2; Saving Throw*: +5|
|Constitution||14||Mod: +1; Saving Throw: +2|
|Intelligence||11||Mod: +0; Saving Throw*: +3|
|Wisdom||14||Mod: +1; Saving Throw: +2|
|Charisma||9||Mod: +0; Saving Throw: +1|
- * Proficiency with these Saving Throws
- Experience Points: 18,750/18,750
- Hit Points: 32 (6d6HD, +1 CON Mod)
- Armor Class: 16 (armor 3 +dex 2 + +misc 1)
- Attack Bonus: +3
- Ability Bonus -Proficiency: +3; Nonproficiciency: +1
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Languages: Common, Dwarf
- * Warhammer +1: Attack Bonus: +5; Damage: 1D8 +2; Qualities: Blugeoning
- * Dagger: Attack Bonus: +5; Damage: 1D4 +1; Qualities: Finesse, Thrown (Range Inc: 10ft), Piercing
- * Shortsword: Attack Bonus: +5; Damage: 1D6 +1; Qualities: Finesse, Piercing or Slashing
- * Throwing Axe: Attack Bonus: +4; Damage: 1D6 +1; Qualities: Thorwn (Range Inc: 10ft), Slashing
- * Hand Axe: Attack Bonus: +4; Damage: 1D6 +1; Qualities: Slashing
- Size: Medium
- Movement: 45 feet
- Combat Bonus: gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls against orcs, halforcs, goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears. Also gain a +2 bonus to Armor Class when attacked by giantkind (ettins, ogres, trolls, and giants).
- Darkvision 60’
- Skill Proficiencies: Language (Common, Dwarf), Profession (Miner).
- Resistance: +4 bonus to all Saving Throws versus magic and poison.
- Steady Tread: A Dwarfs speed is not reduced by wearing heavy armor or encumbrance. They still suffer penalties to steath and athletics.
- Skill Bonuses: gain a +2 bonus to all Craft, Perception, and Profession checks when dealing with stonework construction, including finding secret doors and stonework traps. As natural miners, dwarves can automatically determine how far below ground they are and can automatically determine which direction they are traveling in when beneath the surface. Alsp gain a +2 bonus to all Craft: Smith skill checks.
THIEF CLASS ABILITIES
- Saving Throws: Dexterity, Intelligence
- Backstab (+3): when making a melee or ranged attack against an opponent's rear facing, or when making a melee attack against a flanked foe, gain backstab bonus. May only Backstab creatures that have a discernible anatomy. The thief must be able to see the target well enough to pick out a vital spot. They may only Backstab with weapons listed on the thief weapon proficiency list. If making ranged Backstab attacks, they must be within close range for the weapon used.
- Burglar (+3): gain burglar bonus to all Athletics skills checks made to climb, all Disable Device checks made to open locks and disarm traps, and all Stealth checks.
- Find Traps: Thieves may make Perception checks to search for traps, including magical traps, with their full Proficiency Bonus. To find a trap, the thief spends time intently studying and searching an area to deduce possible trap locations. It takes one round to locate a trap in a specific area such as a lock or a doorknob, and one minute to locate traps in a 5’ by 5’ foot area. The DC of this check is usually 10 + the Proficiency Bonus + the Dexterity modifier of the NPC who set the trap with a Disable Device check. For spell traps, such as Glyph of Warding, the DC is equal to the spell’s Saving Throw DC.
- Sneak Attack: If a thief successfully strikes a surprised opponent, the first attack deals twice the usual Backstab damage (+6). Sneak Attacks, unlike normal Backstab attacks, need not be made against flanked foes or a foes' rear facing. The other requirements for Backstabbing opponents still apply.
- Footpad: may move at their full Movement Rate when making Stealth checks to move silently.
- Read Languages: add Ciphers skill to Proficiency.
- Acrobat: apply their Burglar bonus to all Acrobatics checks that they make, whether they are proficient in Acrobatics or not.
Weapon and Armor Proficiencies
- Weapons: Club, dagger, dart, hammer, hand axe, hand crossbow, light crossbow, longsword, mace, quarterstaff, scimitar, sickle, shortbow, short sword, and sling
- Armor: light armor
- Shields: none
- Acrobatics (DEX) (+5)
- Animal Handling (WIS) +1
- Arcana (INT)
- Athletics* (STR) +4 (+6 to climb)
- Chiper (INT) +0
- Craft [type] (INT) (+2 with stone)
- Deception (CHA) +0
- Disable Device* (DEX) +5 (+7 to open locks and disable traps)
- Disguise (CHA)
- History (INT) +0
- Insight* (WIS) +4
- Intimidation (CHA) +0
- Language [each] (INT)
- Medicine (WIS) +1
- Nature (INT) +0
- Perception* (WIS) +4 (+6 with stone)
- Performance (CHA) +0
- Persuasion (CHA) +0
- Poison (INT)
- Profession* [Miner] (WIS) +4 (+6 with stone)
- Profession* [Jewler] (WIS) +4
- Religion (INT) +0
- Sleight-of-Hands* (DEX) +5
- Stealth* (DEX) +7
- Survival (WIS) +1
- * Proficiency with these skills
- These skills require Proficiency to use.
Encumbrance: Base (No Encumbrance) [Strx5]: 75lbs; Moderate Load [Strx10]: 150lbs; Heavy Load [Strx15]: 225lbs
|Magic Leather Armor +1||15 lbs|
|Magical Warhammer +1||5 lbs|
|Cloak of the Bat (see below)||2 lb|
|Hand Axe (2)||4 lbs|
|Thorwing Axes (2)||4 lbs|
|Chalk (3)||* lbs|
|Flint & Steel||* lbs|
|Flask of Oil (2)||4 lbs|
|Jewler's Kit||1 lb|
|50ft Silk Rope||8 lbs|
|Thieves Tools||1 lbs|
|Torch (6)||6 lb|
|Dry Rations (One week)||5 lbs|
|500 gold pices (in pouch)||0.5 lbs|
Cloak of the Bat: Fashioned of dark brown or black cloth, a cloak of this type is not readily noticeable as unusual. It radiates both enchantment and alteration in equal proportions. The cloak bestows a +10 bonus to Stealth checks when the wearer is stationary and attempting to hide within a shadowy or dark place.
By holding the edges of the garment, the wearer is able to fly at a 75’ Movement Rate (Maneuver Class: B). If he desires, the wearer can actually transform himself into an ordinary bat - all possessions worn or carried will be part of the transformation - and fly accordingly.
Flying, either with the cloak or as an ordinary bat, can be accomplished only in darkness (either under the night sky or in a lightless or nearlightless environment underground). Either of the flying powers is usable for up to two hours per day.
The cloak also provides a +1 bonus to Armor Class. This benefit extends to the wearer even when he is in bat form.