D&D 5E: Smallfolk Character 2
CG Male Lightfoot Halfling Monster Hunter Ranger 3
- Background: Outlander
- Age: 50
- Height: 3'0"
- Weight: 34lbs
- Personality Trait: I watch over my friends as if they were a litter of newborn pups.
- Ideal: Change. Life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it. (Chaotic)
- Bond: My family, clan, or tribe is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me.
- Flaw: I am slow to trust members of other races, tribes, and societies.
- Strength 14 (+2)
- Dexterity 17 (+3)
- Constitution 12 (+1)
- Intelligence 11 (0)
- Wisdom 13 (+2)
- Charisma 8 (-1)
- AC: 16
- HP: 25/25
- Speed: 25'
- Proficiency: +2
- Melee Attack: Short sword +5, damage 1d6+2
- Ranged Attack: Longbow +5, damage 1d6+3
- Spell Save DC: 11
- Spell Attack: +3
- Spells Known: (1st) Hunter's Mark; Entangling Strike; Hail of Thorns; Protection from Good and Evil
- Spell Slots: 3/3
- Strength +4
- Dexterity +5
- Constitution +1
- Intelligence +0
- Wisdom +2
- Charisma -1
- Advantage vs fear
- Armor: Light armor, medium armor, shields
- Weapons: Simple weapons, martial weapons
- Musical instruments: Pan flute (heirloom)
- Acrobatics +3
- Animal Handling +1
- Arcana 0
- Athletics +4
- Deception -1
- History 0
- Insight +1
- Intimidation -1
- Investigation +2
- Medicine +1
- Nature 0
- Perception +4
- Performance -1
- Persuasion -1
- Religion 0
- Sleight of Hand +3
- Stealth +5
- Survival +5
Mount Wrath aka Furious Wrath, son of Righteous Fury out of Snapjaw.
- Armor Class 12
- Hit Points 5 (1d8+1)
- Speed 40 ft.
- STR 13 (+1)
- DEX 14 (+2)
- CON 12 (+1)
- INT 3 (-4)
- WIS 12 (+1)
- CHA 7 (-2)
- Perception +3
- Passive Perception 13
- Keen Hearing and Smell. The mastiff has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or smell.
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d6 + 1) piercing damage. If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 11 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone
- Lucky. When you roll a 1 on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw, you can reroll the die. You must use the new result, even if it is a 1.
- Brave. You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.
- Nimble. You can move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than yours.
- Naturally Stealthy: You can attempt to hide even when you are obscured only by a creature that is at least one size larger than you.
- Seeds of Life: All Halflings carry a small bag of seeds, planting them occasionally in particularly barren places to encourage growth and life. At need, a halfling can instead make a poultice of the (ground-up) seeds that can be used on one person's wounds for 2d8 + the halfling's character level of healing. The halfling can replenish their seeds by the end of the next long rest (Note: underground this will mean myconid spoors or tuber trimmings and at sea it will mean algae or floating sea plants)
- Favored Enemy: Fiends
Beginning at 1st level, you have significant experience studying, tracking, hunting, and even talking to a certain type of enemy commonly encountered in the wilds.
You gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls with weapon attacks against creatures of the chosen type. Additionally, you have advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks to track your favored enemies, as well as on Intelligence checks to recall information about them.
- Natural Explorer
You are a master of navigating the natural world, and you react with swift and decisive action when attacked. This grants you the following benefits:
• You ignore difficult terrain.
• You have advantage on initiative rolls.
• On your first turn during combat, you have advantage on attack rolls against creatures that have not yet acted.
In addition, you are skilled at navigating the wilderness. You gain the following benefits when traveling for an hour or more:
• Difficult terrain doesn’t slow your group’s travel.
• Your group can’t become lost except by magical means.
• Even when you are engaged in another activity while traveling (such as foraging, navigating, or tracking), you remain alert to danger.
• If you are traveling alone, you can move stealthily at a normal pace.
• When you forage, you find twice as much food as you normally would.
• While tracking other creatures, you also learn their exact number, their sizes, and how long ago they passed through the area.
You gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls you make with ranged weapons.
- Primeval Awareness
Beginning at 3rd level, your mastery of ranger lore allows you to establish a powerful link to beasts and to the land around you.
You have an innate ability to communicate with beasts, and they recognize you as a kindred spirit. Through sounds and gestures, you can communicate simple ideas to a beast as an action, and can read its basic mood and intent. You learn its emotional state, whether it is affected by magic of any sort, its short-term needs (such as food or safety), and actions you can take (if any) to persuade it to not attack.
You cannot use this ability against a creature that you have attacked within the past 10 minutes.
Additionally, you can attune your senses to determine if any of your favored enemies lurk nearby. By spending 1 uninterrupted minute in concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell), you can sense whether any of your favored enemies are present within 5 miles of you. This feature reveals which of your favored enemies are present, their numbers, and the creatures’ general direction and distance (in miles) from you.
If there are multiple groups of your favored enemies within range, you learn this information for each group.
- Conclave: Monster Slayer
- Monster Slayer Magic
Starting at 3rd level, you learn an additional spell when you reach certain levels in this class, as shown in the Monster Slayer Spells table. The spell counts as a ranger spell for you, but it doesn't count against the number of ranger spells you know. Protection from Evil and Good
- Hunter's Sense
At 3rd level, you gain the ability to peer at a creature and magically discern how best to hurt it. As an action, choose one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. You immediately learn whether the creature has any damage immunities, resistances, or vulnerabilities and what they are. If the creature is hidden from divination magic, you sense that it has no damage immunities, resistances, or vulnerabilities.
You can use this feature a number of times equal to your Wisdom modifier (minimum of once). You regain all expended uses of it when you finish a long rest.
- Slayer's Prey
Starting at 3rd level, you can focus your ire on one foe, increasing the harm you inflict on it. As a bonus action, you designate one creature you can see within 60 feet of you as the target of this feature. The first time each turn that you hit that target with a weapon attack, it takes an extra 1d6 damage from the weapon.
This benefit lasts until you finish a short or long rest. It ends early if you designate a different creature.
- Feature: Wanderer
You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.
- A staff
- A hunting trap
- A trophy from an animal you killed
- A set of traveler's clothes
- A belt pouch containing 10 gp
- Arrows x 20
- Mess Kit
- Rations (1 day) x 10
- Rope, Hempen (50 feet)
- Scale Mail
- Pan Flute (heirloom)