DnD5 Eberron Angel's Breath/ZarkothBrighthelm
To campaign: DnD5 Eberron Angel's Breath
- Zarkoth Brighthelm
- Human (Variant)
CLASS & LEVEL
- Fighter (Battlemaster) 3rd
- Age: 24
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: 192lbs
- Skin: Tanned
- Hair: Black
- Eyes: Brown
- I’m always polite and respectful.
- But I can have a crude sense of humor in private with friends.
- Someone saved my life on a case. To this day, I will never leave a friend behind.
- The monstrous enemy we faced in battle still leaves me quivering with fear.
- Greater Good. Our lot is to lay down our lives in defense of others. (Good)
|Strength||16||Mod: +3; Saving Throw: +5|
|Dexterity||10||Mod: +0; Saving Throw: +0|
|Constitution||12||Mod: +1; Saving Throw: +3|
|Intelligence||14||Mod: +; Saving Throw: +2|
|Wisdom||13||Mod: +1; Saving Throw: +1|
|Charisma||10||Mod: +0; Saving Throw: +0|
Saving Throw Proficiencies
- Strength & Constitution
- Hit Points: 25 (3d10 Hit Dice)
- Armor Class: 19 (Chainmail Armor +shield +1 magic)
- Proficiency Bonus: +2
- Deity: The Sovereign Host (but Dol Arrah is his favored/patron)
- Alignment: NG
- Initiative: +0
- Longsword. Melee Weapon Attack +5, one target 5ft range, Damage 1d8+5 slashing, Qualities: Heavy, versital (d10)
- Heavy Crossbow. Weapon Ranged Attack +2, one target range 100/400, Damage 1d10 piercing, Qualities: Heavy, loading, range, two-handed.
- Size: Medium
- Movement: 30 feet
- Languages: Common, Undercommon
- Other: bonus Skill proficiency. Bonus Feat profiency. Bonus attributes +1 to STR and INT
FIGHTER CLASS ABILITIES
- Skills: Athletics, History
- Fighting Style: Dueling (+2 damage when weilding one weapon in one hand)
- Second Wind: 1d10+3, once per rest
- Action Surge: once per rest
Martial Archetype - Battlemaster
- Maneuvers. You learn three maneuvers of your choice.
- Superiority Dice. You have four superiority dice, which are d8s. A superiority die is expended when you use it. You regain all of your expended superiority dice when you finish a short or long rest. You gain another superiority die at 7th level and one more at 15th level.
- 'Saving Throws. Some of your maneuvers require your target to make a saving throw to resist the maneuver's effects. The saving throw DC is calculated as follows: Maneuver save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength modifier (DC 13)
- Brace. When a creature you can see moves into the reach you have with the melee weapon you're wielding, you can use your reaction to expend one superiority die and make one attack against the creature, using that weapon. If the attack hits, add the superiority die to the weapon's damage roll.
- Precision Attack. When you make a weapon attack roll against a creature, you can expend one superiority die to add it to the roll. You can use this maneuver before or after making the attack roll, but before any effects of the attack are applied.
- Tactical Assessment. When you make an Intelligence (Investigation), an Intelligence (History), or a Wisdom (Insight) check, you can expend one superiority die and add the superiority die to the ability check.
- Investigator (Variant City Guard from "Sword Coast Adventure's Guide")
- Watcher's Eye
- Your experience in enforcing the law, and dealing with lawbreakers, gives you a feel for local laws and criminals. You can easily find the local outpost of the watch or a similar organization, and just as easily pick out the dens of criminal activity in a community, although you're more likely to be welcome in the former locations rather than the latter.
WEAPONS, ARMOR AND TOOL PROFICIENCIES
- Weapons: all
- Armor: all
- Shields: yes
- Tools: Cartographer’s tools
- Acrobatics (DEX) +0
- Animal Handling (WIS) +1
- Arcana (INT) +2
- Athletics (STR) +5
- Deception (CHA) +0
- History (INT) +4
- Insight (WIS) +3
- Intimidation (CHA) +0
- Investigation (INT) +4
- Medicine (WIS) +1
- Nature (INT) +2
- Perception (WIS) +3
- Performance (CHA) +0
- Persuasion (CHA) +0
- Religion (INT) +2
- Sleight-of-Hands (DEX) +0
- Stealth (DEX) +0
- Survival (WIS) +1
Proficient with Skill in Bold
- Tool Proficiency: Cartographer’s tools (+4)
- You have advantage on Wisdom (Perception) and Intelligence (Investigation) checks made to detect the presence of secret doors.
- You have advantage on saving throws made to avoid or resist traps.
- You have resistance to the damage dealt by traps.
- You can search for traps while travelling at a normal pace, instead of only at a slow pace.
- If you take the Attack action on your turn, you can use a bonus action to try to shove a creature within 5 feet of you with your shield.
- If you aren’t incapacitated, you can add your shield’s AC bonus to any Dexterity saving throw you make against a spell or other harmful effect that targets only you.
- If you are subjected to an effect that allows you to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, you can use your reaction to take no damage if you succeed on the saving throw, interposing your shield between yourself and the source of the effect.
Encumbrance: 160 lbs / XXX lbs Total Weight Carried: XXX lbs
|Shield (+1 magical)||1||6lbs|
|Quiver with 20 Bolts||1||1lbs|
|Uniform in style of old unit||1||4lbs|
|with rank indicated on it|
|Healing potions (minor)||2||1lbs|
|Pouch with 10gp||1||0.5lbs|
Zarkoth Brighthelm is a young Human warrior (age 24) who was born in Sharn and servired in the last year of the Last War. When he returned to Sharn he got a job in the City Watch but his supervisor noticed his keen mind and attention to detail. He promoted him to the Investigations Unit. At first Zarkoth was very excited by this but his first partern was a Warforged. Zarkoth did not like Warforged back then. In fact he had faced a number of them in the War and had lots a lot of friends to enemy units made up by them. He thought they were just killing machines.
But one of their first cases that Watch and he were assigned involved a criminal syndicate that was smuggling artifacts of Khyber (the Dragon Below) into the city for the cult. The two were almost killed when they sumbled onto a faction of the cults lair and had to work together to survive, eash saving the other multiple times. Ever since then Zarkoth treats Watch as he would a brother and respects the Warforce's obervation and investigation skills.
Watch has helped Zarkoth get over his prejudice against Warforged and he sees they are not turn sentient beings and individuals who should be juddged individually and not and simple killing constructs from the War. Everyone was hurt by the War maybe the Warforged most of all.