GROK IT! Review Guides
- –verb (used with object)
- Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
- To understand thoroughly and intuitively.
- The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- "To understand empathically," 1961, arbitrary formation by U.S. science fiction writer Robert Heinlein, in his book "Stranger in a Strange Land."
"GROK IT..." is a series of instructional reviews which are intended to present non-intimidating guides for readers new to the various topics covered - the primary focus: to focus on the styles and themes of the subject. Despite the title, the goal is to emphasize idea starters for delivering the subject. The subtitle for every review is "A Tool for Style!"
Prose is simple and direct; bold icons, such as a piece of string tied around an index finger, indicate particularly important passages. All Grok reviews are organized around sections, which are groups of related chapters. "The Part of Tens", ends the reviews, listing resources for further study and sometimes also include amusing bits of information that don't fit readily elsewhere.
About These Reviews
Why Read These Reviews?
How to Use These Reviews
- The topics covered in the Role-playing Game hobby, like other intensive activities, has a lot of jargon that can sometimes make comprehension a bit tricky. These reviews are written using as much plain language as possible, but you're still going to need to know some of the terms that long-time game geeks take for granted.
- Here's a quick recap of a few common terms that we use over and over:
How These Reviews are Organized
Part I: ???
Part II: ???
Part III: ???
Part IV: ???
Part V: ???
Icons Used in These Reviews
To guide you along the way and to point out information you really need to know, these guides use the following icons:
- Tips: This icon points to tips and tricks that simplify or punctuate a key theme of the subject.
- Remember: Remember these important nuggets and style will shine.
- Warning: If you see this icon, read and follow the accompanying directions. This information can prevent you from going off track.
- Go To The Book: Wherever you see this icon, you know we're directing you to more detailed information such as web references, message boards, forums and the core material for the subject.
Where to Go from Here
We recommend starting with Part I, but feel free to click to whatever chapters interest you. Just remember to have fun! Approach this review in the spirit of good entertainment, trust that the wisdom we try to impart can add to your entertainment style for the subject, and you'll be well on your way to elevating the style in which you play.