Monsters Encountered; properties of their sundry parts and divers potion ingredients
Great magical monsters encountered by the order.
A blue dragon of middling size and age. Took head and portions of hide, blood and scales.
- Potion of lightning resistance. 1000gp. (blood and brain ichor mixed with throat glands).
- Reputed properties. Brain (intact) for production of Dragon control potions.
- Hide and scales can be used to make superior leather and scale armour (non-magical).
- Teeth useful for scroll inks, some basic powders/potions (ingredient).
An ancient red dragon.
- Ancient Red dragon heart major ingredient for con increase potion.
- Reputed properties as above.
A Wyvern (adult).
- Poison pouch from tail. An all-purpose anti-venom. 1000 gp in addition to the wyvern parts to produce, but will have 3 doses.
- A pint of blood. Potions of regeneration. For the duration of the potion (an hour or so) the character regenerates like a troll. The potions cost 1500gp
- Dwarves can create magic weapons using dust of adamant. (Expensive, must be a superior quality weapon). This probably involves blessing from a cleric.
(This actually sounds like a ritual in which a heroes favorite heirloom weapon becomes magic - maybe that's part of it.)
- Elven mages and cleric of name level may weave or make cloaks and boots of elvenkind.
- Potions of Extra healing can be made from a flower that only grows in mountain valleys in early spring. They are rare and hard to find.
A commonly known potion ingredients list.
- Animal control: Gland (heart or brain) from prime specimen of animal type.
- Clairaudience: Human/simian/elf/halfing thalamus, ears (pair) of keen hearing creatures. Giant animals preferred. (Bat, fox).
- Clairvoyance. Human/simian/elf/halfing thalamus, eyes(pair) of keen sighted creature. Giant animals preferred.
- Climbing. Giant climbing insect legs, giant climbing lizard feet/blood.
- Delusion. Doppleganger Ichor. Rakshasa blood.
- Diminution. Powdered horn of a Kobold hero or shaman. Wererat blood.
- Dragon control. Undamaged brain of dragon type.
- Extra Healing. Troll hearts-blood. Hair/relic of a saint (clerics).
- Fire resistance. Fire elemental plasm. Salamander scales and blood.
- Flying. Air elemental essence.Hippogriff/gryphon/giant speaking eagle feathers and wyvern or dragon blood.
- Gaseous form. Vampire dust. Ogre-Magi blood and Ichor.
- Giant control. Brain (intact) of giant type.
- Giant strength. Blood, sweat and tears from appropriate giant type.
- Growth. Ogre-Magi Brain and glands, giant heart and hearts-blood.
- Healing. Ogre-Magi blood. Minor saints relic (cleric). Troll-blood and holy water.
- Heroism. Hearts-blood of a lion/big cat in prime condition. Giant animals preferred.
- Human control. Blood of a nixie, tears of a sylph, sap from the tree of a dryad.
- Invisibility. Invisibile stalker essence. Brain and blood of a pixie.
- Invulnerability. Skins and Hearts-blood of creatures immune to normal weapons, such as lycanthropes and certain demons and such.
- Levitation. Beholder brain (intact). Will-o-the-wisp essence.
- Longevity. Elf's hearts-blood, Sap of a living tree, Dragon blood (ancient) or blood/essence of an immortal being.
- Oil of etherealness. Blood and ichor of a shedu. Demon brain (intact).
- Oil of slipperiness. Purple worm glands and blood. Liver and brain(intact) of a giant pike or Cod.
- Philther of love. Dryad tears. Sylph hair. Succubus essence.
- Philther of persuasiveness. Harpies tongue and brain (intact). Devils tongue.
- Plant control. Blood of a walking tree. Dryad blood and brain.
- Polymorph self. Mimicking creatures skin and blood. Ichor from a shapechanger. Succubus hair and blood.
- Poison. Various.
- Speed. A pegasus, griffon or cheetah heart. Blood and brain (intact) of a giant weasel.
- Super-heroism. Hearts-blood of a minotaur, Brain and heart of a wolverine/honeybadger (giant preferred). Hearts-blood of a hummingbird.
- Sweet Water. Hearts-blood of a triton. Water elemental essence.
- Treasure finding. Gold dragon blood and one of each six precious gems (diamond, ruby, emerald, sapphire, tourqouise and quartz).
- Undead control. Plasm/essence or mortal remains of the greater undead. Holy symbol from a saint (relic)(cleric).
- Water breathing. Nixie glands and hearts-blood. Blood of a Naga, gold dragon or other magical creature that breathes both air and water. Water elemental essence.