Old Mink is a 170 proof alcohol made from corn & mushrooms with incredibly concentrated quantities of Psilocybin. It is cut with ginger, jalapeños, and concentrated sugars. It is usually aged in fruit barrels with burned interiors. Apple, Orange, Lemon, Lime, and grapefruit woods are used. Often cut halves of these fruits are left in the barrels to age.
Popular in the the pan-dimensional city of Cynosure[] and the shadows it is connected to and those in its sway.
There is a legend that Prince Bleys of Amber plied King Random of Amber with a liberal amount of this drink causing him to have dramatic hallucinations and to wander off tripping into shadow.
For this prank he was imprisoned in the dungeons of Amber for 90 days. (During which time Prince Benedict of Amber read to him 90 romance novels as further punishment)
Versions of Old Mink
- There is less potently alcoholic but respectably hallucinogenic version sweetened with Sweet Flora sugars that can be found on the world Adzikias in Winter[]. It is said to have a floral, rose, taste and a tendacy to cause sleep filled with colorful peaceful dreams.
- A more potently hallucinogenic version called Triple Mink uses the standard 170 proof Old Mink and adds a large does of Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD). Sold in Cynosure in opaque bottles of the same design as the glass bottles used for standard Old Mink.
- There is a version of Old Mink found in the Azcalan Sway that uses habaneros and Retosa peppers are used to infuse the brew to give it a fiery bite.
- There are rumors of a vodka based drink similar to Old Mink in the Regor Sway. Less Hallucinogenic, yet still psilocybin based. Filtered. Clear, 120 proof.
- An Old Mink candy is popular in many realms between the Cynosure & Mandalay Sways. It is mildly hallucinogenic and mildly alcoholic. A small quantity of the drink having been added in preparation of the white chocolate candy.