Back to main page
Lian 'Mad' Maddox
- Solo d6, Buddy d8, Team d10
- d4 +1 PP or D8
- Self-Taught Occultist
- Protect the Vulnerable
- I'm Just an Art Student!
Mystic Blast d8, Teleport d8, Mind Control d10, Mystic Senses d6, Sorcery Mastery d10
- SFX: Mine Now!. On a successful reaction against a Mystic Attack, convert opponent's effect die into a Punk Rock Mystic stunt or step up a power by +1 for the next action. Spend a PP to do this if the opponent's action succeeds.
- SFX: Look What I Can Do. Add a d6 and step up the effect die by +1 when creating Sorcery complications or assets.
- SFX: I Can Fix It. Add Sorcery Mastery to your dice pool when helping others to recover Stress. Spend 1 PP to recover your own or another's Physical Stress or step back your own or another's Physical Trauma by -1.
- SFX: Now I'm Pissed. Step up or double any Punk Rock Mystic power for one action. If the action fails, add a die to the Doom Pool equal to the normal rating of the power die.
- Limit: Exhausted. Shutdown any PUNK ROCK MYSTIC power to gain 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.
- Limit: Growing Dread. Both 1s and 2s count as opportunities when using a PUNK ROCK MYSTIC Power.
- Limit: Uncontrollable Change any PUNK ROCK MYSTIC power into a Complication for 1 PP. Activate an opportunity to remove the complication.
Enhanced Durability d8, Enhanced Stamina d8, Enhanced Reflexes d8, Mystic Resistance d12, Psychic Resistance d12
- SFX: You Call That a Hit?. Before you make an action using a NON-HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY power you may move your Physical Stress to the Doom Pool and step up the power used by +1
- SFX: That was a Mistake. On a Reaction against a Mental Stress attack, inflict Mental Stress with effect die at no cost or step it up by +1 for a PP.
- Limit: Dark One Descendant. Gain a PP when affected by demonic-specific complications or tech.
Acrobatics Expert d8, Medical Expert d8
- [You may convert Expert to d8 to 2d6, or Master d10 to 2d8 or 3d6]
DOES THIS TEAM WORK?
- 1 XP when you first offer support to another hero.
- 3 XP when you confront a team member about your place on the team.
- 10 XP when you either join the team fully or walk away from it.
WHO'S YOUR DADDY?
- 1 XP when you come out as not fully human.
- 3 XP when you find out the truth about your father.
- 10 XP when you either embrace your father's side or reject him utterly.
Lian is a graduate student at Columbia University, majoring in sculpture, just finished his first year of grad school - he's about 26. He was born in Ithaca to an academic mother and an unknown father. His mother taught history at Ithaca College. Mother died when he was 11 and he got passed around the foster system and different reletives where he suffered a good amount of emotional neglect and some minor physical neglect, which has led to a bit of insecurity about trusting people in general . He graduated high school and aged out of the foster program at 18 and took on work as an EMT. He decided to major in pre-med in undergraduate school at 21, but fell in love with the arts and switched majors. He specializes in classical sculpture, especially marble. Over the winter break of his first year he interrupted a gay bashing crime and this was the first time that he really used his magic instead of suppressing it. This has led to him acting as protector of LGBTQ youth in the West Village and gayborhood around Christopher St. He works with the same group at a shelter as a volunteer. There's not been any really serious relationships, whether romantic, sexual, or platonic, out of fear of people discovering his non-human heritage.
For a visual he usually wears hazel contacts to hide the reflective silver of his natural eyes, though he has started to stop wearing those. He has recently stopped dying his hair to let his natural lavender/purple hair show through.