Tokoni :: Human Wizard :: (Divination)
- Ht: 5'11" | Wt: 176lbs | Skin: nice brown colour |Hair: brown, mid-length, tied back | Eyes: brown | Lv: 3 |
- STR 12 / +1 Save (+1) || DEX 13 / +1 Save (+1) || CON 12 / +1 Save (+1)
- INT 18 / +4 Save (+6) || WIS 12 / +1 Save (+3) || CHA 10 / +0 Save (+0)
- Proficiencies in bold: (Proficiency Bonus +2)
- Acrobatics +1
- Animal Handling +1
- Arcana +6
- Athletics +1
- Deception +0
- History +6
- Insight +1
- Intimidation +0
- Investigation +6 (21 for Passive checks)
- Medicine +1
- Nature +6
- Perception +1 (15 for Passive checks)
- Performance +0
- Persuasion +0
- Religion +6
- Sleight of Hand +1
- Stealth +1
- Survival +1
- Old Imperial - The language of the Empire of the Seas, covering the archipelagos far to the west of the Isle. No longer the native language of anyone, it still sees use as a scholarly and liturgical language.
- Xookekti - A language spoken in the first of the Nine Hells. Often studied by wizards who seek to summon infernal support.
- Duilsetic - The second most common language of the south, after Torricade, it is spoken more inland from the ports, among the temperate planes and grasslands
- Fuelese - Originated in the city of Fuel to the north, across the sea. Now also common among the dwarves, gnomes and giants of the mountainous northern lands
- Irathi The primary language of the southern Misty Forest, spoken by the fey, elves, and other woodland dwellers there
AC 14(11) | HP 16 | Hit Dice: 1d6 | Initiative Modifier +0
|Weapon||To Hit||Damage||Range/Reach||Weapon||To Hit||Damage||Range/Reach|
Linguist - You have studied languages and codes, gaining the following benefits:
- Increase your Intelligence score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- You learn three languages of your choice.
- You can ably create written ciphers. Others can’t decipher a code you create unless you teach them, they succeed on an Intelligence check (DC equal to your Intelligence score + your proficiency bonus = 20), or they use magic to decipher it
- Tokoni´s House cipher taught to Flotsam, Strum
Observant - You have studied languages and codes, gaining the following benefits: Quick to notice details of your environment, you gain the following benefits:
- Increase your Intelligence score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- If you can see a creature’s mouth while it is speaking a language you understand, you can interpret what it’s saying by reading its lips.
- You have a +5 bonus to your passive Wisdom (Perception) and passive Intelligence (Investigation) scores
Racial Features (Human variant)
Familiar Otto (Tiny Celestial Otter)
AC 13 | Hit Points 2 (1d4) | Speed 30 ft.,Swim 30 ft. STR 4 (-3) | DEX 14 (+2) | CON 10 (+0) | INT 2 (-4) | WIS 10 (+0) | CHA 6 (-2)
- Skills Perception +2 (Adv hearing/smell), Stealth +4
- Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
- Special Traits
- Keen Hearing and Smell- The otter has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or smell.
- Swim - Swim speed
- Bite Melee Weapon Attack: +1 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1 piercing damage.
Class Features (Wizard)
- School: Divination
- Proficiencies: Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows. Tools: None
- Arcane Recovery - Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up =1), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.
- Divination Savant - Beginning w hen you select this school at 2nd level, the gold and time you must spend to copy a divination spell into your spellbook is halved.
- Portent - Glimpses of the future begin to press in on your awareness. When you finish a long rest, roll two d20s and record the num bers rolled. You can replace any attack roll, saving throw, or ability check made by you or a creature that you can see with one of these foretelling rolls. You must choose to do so before the roll, and you can replace a roll in this way only once per turn. Each foretelling roll can be used only once. When you finish a long rest, you lose any unused foretelling rolls
- Feature - X/rest
- Subheading: Description
- Subheading: Description
Spell Slots: L1 | 4 || L2 | 2
Spell DC: (8 + Prof 2 + Stat 4) 14
Spell Att Mod: (Prof 2 + Stat 4) +6
- Fire Bolt (Evoc) | 1 action | 120 feet | V, S | You hurl a mote of fire at a creature or object within range. Make a ranged spell attack against the target. On a hit, the target takes 1d10 fire damage. A flammable object hit by this spell ignites if it isn’t being worn or carried.
- Mage Hand: 30' | V,S | 1min | spectral floating hand can dismiss as an action | can use the hand to manipulate an object, open an unlocked door or container, stow or retrieve an item from an open container, or pour the contents out of a vial. You can move the hand up to 30 feet each time you use it | can’t attack, activate magic items, or carry more than 10 pounds
- Minor Illusion (Illus) | 1 action | 30 feet | S, M (a bit of fleece) | 1 minute | You create a sound or an image of an object within range that lasts for the duration. The illusion also ends if you dismiss it as an action or cast this spell again | If you create a sound, its volume can range from a whisper to a scream. It can be your voice, someone else’s voice, a lion’s roar, a beating of drums, or any other sound you choose. The sound continues unabated throughout the duration, or you can make discrete sounds at different times before the spell ends. | If you create an image of an object-such as a chair, muddy footprints, or a small chest-it must be no larger than a 5-foot cube. The image can’t create sound, light, smell, or any other sensory effect. | Physical interaction with the image reveals it to be an illusion, because things can pass through it | If a creature uses its action to examine the sound or image, the creature can determine that it is an illusion with a successful Intelligence (Investigation) check against your spell save DC. If a creature discerns the illusion for what it is, the illusion becomes faint to the creature
- Source: xxx: Description
- (Int 4 + L3) = 7
- Level 1
- Comprehend Languages
- Detect Magic
- Feather Fall
- Magic Missile
- Level 2
- Alarm (Abj, Ritual 1 min) | 30 feet | V,S,M (a tiny bell and a piece of fine silver wire) | Duration:8 hours | You set an alarm against unwanted intrusion. Choose a door, a window, or an area within range that is no larger than a 20-foot cube. Until the spell ends, an alarm alerts you whenever a Tiny or larger creature touches or enters the warded area. When you cast the spell, you can designate creatures that won’t set off the alarm. You also choose whether the alarm is mental or audible | A mental alarm alerts you with a ping in your mind if you are within 1 mile of the warded area. This ping awakens you if you are sleeping. An audible alarm produces the sound of a hand bell for 10 seconds within 60 feet.
- Comprehend Languages (Div, Ritual) - 1 action | self | V,S,M (a pinch of soot and salt) | 1 hour | Understand literal meaning of any spoken language you hear | Also any written language you see, but must be touching the surface on which the words are written | It takes about 1 minute to read one page of text | Doesn’t decode secret messages in a text or a glyph, such as an arcane sigil, that isn’t part of a written language
- Detect Magic (Div, Ritual) - 1 action | self | V,S | Concentration, up to 10 min | Sense presence of magic within 30 ft | If you sense magic, can use action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and learn its school of magic, if any | Can penetrate most barriers, but is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.
- Feather Fall1st-level transmutation | Casting Time:1 reaction, which you take when you or a creature within 60 feet of you falls | Range:60 feet | Components: V, M (a small feather or piece of down) | Duration:1 minute | Choose up to five falling creatures within range. A falling creature’s rate of descent slows to 60 feet per round until the spell ends. If the creature lands before the spell ends, it takes no falling damage and can land on its feet, and the spell ends for that creature.
- Find Familiar - (otter)
- Mage Armour (Abj) - 1 action | Touch | V,S,M (piece of cured leather) | 8 hours | touch a willing creature who isn’t wearing armor, and a protective magical force surrounds it until the spell ends. The target’s base AC becomes 13 + its Dexterity modifier. The spell ends if the target dons armor or if you dismiss the spell as an action.
- Magic Missile (Evoc) - 1 action | 120 feet | V,S | Three glowing darts of magical force. Each dart hits a creature of your choice that you can see | 1d4 + 1 force damage each | All strike simultaneously
- Sleep (Ench) - 1 action | 90 feet | V, S, M (pinch of fine sand, rose petals, or a cricket) | 1 min | Sends creatures into a magical slumber. 5d8 hit points of creatures . Creatures within 20 feet of a point you choose within range are affected in ascending order of their current hit points (ignoring unconscious creatures) | Starting with the creature that has the lowest current hit points, each creature affected by this spell falls unconscious until the spell ends, the sleeper takes damage, or someone uses an action to shake or slap the sleeper awake. Subtract each creature’s hit points from the total before moving on to the creature with the next lowest hit points. A creature’s hit points must be equal to or less than the remaining total for that creature to be affected | Undead and creatures immune to being charmed aren’t affected by this spell.
- Level 2
Background Features (Adventuring Scholar)
- Proficiencies: History
- Languages: xxx,xxx
- Historical Perspective - You’ve spent many hours working deep in the bowels of the library, reading tomes of forgotten lore. These hours have taught you about the things adventurers often encounter. Once per day, when you would make a skill check to learn about a creature, you can attempt a Intelligence (history) check with advantage instead of the standard check normally performed to learn about the creature.)
- Personality Trait: I believe that you need to experience something to truly understand it
- Ideal: Education: I’m going to teach outside of the classroom to those who need it.
- Bond: No truth should be hidden
- Flaw: I can’t stand people who won’t adjust their thinking when they receive new data.
- Carrying capacity = 15 x Str = 180lb
- 0 gems
- 0 pp
- 8 gp
- 0 ep
- 7 sp
- 8 cp
- Dagger 1d4 piercing 20/60 1 lb. finesse, light, thrown
- Quarterstaff (arcane focus) 1d6 bludgeoning 4 lb. versatile (1d8)
- Crossbow, light 1d8 piercing 80/320 5 lb. ammunition, loading, two-handed
- Crossbow bolts (20) 1½ lb.
- Clothes, common 3 lb.
- Pouch (coins) 1 lb.
- Backpack 5 lb.
- Writing Case, map or scroll 1 lb
- Spellbook 3 lb.
- Blanket 3 lb.
- Case, map or scroll 1 lb.
- Chalk (1 piece)
- Fishing tackle 4 lb.
- Ink (1 ounce bottle)
- Ink pen
- Oil (flask) 1 lb.
- Paper (5 sheets)
- Rations (5 day) 10 lb.
- Sack 1/2 lb.
- Sealing wax
- Signal whistle
- Signet ring
- Waterskin 5 lb. (full)
- Tokoni is from an old and storied family on the Isle of Storms, but one that has come upon hard times. As the oldest of a small clan of thirteen brothers and sisters, he inherited the family home along with the family privileges, debts and duties. His siblings have been only too happy to peel off into mundane pursuits such as farming, fishing or thuggery while Tokoni has undertaken more intellectual pursuits, perhaps to distract himself from his troubles at home.
- Tokoni's inattention and hospitable nature have allowed the house to become a refuge for assorted vagrants and wastrels, while Tokoni himself adds to the mess by collecting whatever scraps of parchment or washed up item he can find. Just in case.
- The state of the house has led Tokoni to become quite adept at destroying overly bold rats. This allows him to offer occasional assistance to sugarcane growers to control the rats and snakes in their fields. His mongoose familiar, Snaffle, helps in this endeavour. Tokoni never receives in coin, he feels he couldn´t face his father in the afterlife if he did that. So he receives in kind instead.
- Tokoni's life is about to get interesting
- , guess that's the best I can hope for," Simon says. "Hmm, potions?" He leaves his pot and looks around his shack. "Well, I have four potions of healing here. And then I think I have some odds and ends on hand that I haven't sold yet." He picks up a potion bottle and blows the dust off of it. "Ah yes, I have this potion of animal friendship. Oh, and two potions of water breathing. I think that's all I have that isn't accounted for. Though, I am running dangerously low on bat guano. While you're in the jungle, if you happen to find any, I could pay a bit for it." He puts the potions in a bag and hands them over.