Hot +0 Cold +1 Volatile -1 Dark +1
- You gain power from sympathetic tokens - items of personal significance that you take from others. Each sympathetic token counts as a String.
- You can cast Hexes. Choose two that you know. To cast them, either expend a sympathetic token during a secret ritual, or meet the target's gaze and chant at them in tongues. Then roll with Dark. On a 10 up, the Hex works and can easily be reversed. On a 7-9, it works but choose one:
- the casting does you 1 harm;
- the Hex has unexpected side effects;
- trigger your Darkest Self
- The person loses all of their hair, or their teeth start rotting and falling out, or their period come and it comes by the bucketful, or their skin gets all sickly yellow and spotty. Whatever the specifics, it's bad.
- The person cannot physically harm others.
- You have a secret place for practicing witchcraft (basement at home). Add 1 to all rolls you make within this space.
- After sex, you can take a sympathetic token from them. They know about it, and it's cool
Alastor - 1 (Token)
Amanda - 1 (Token)
Brittany - 1
Baron - 0
- Wicca gets a bad rap. Unfortunately, it gets a bad rap because of witches like Vanessa. Vanessa has...problems...following the Wiccan Rede. It's that 'an it harm none' thing. Sometimes people suck. Sometimes they are horrible. Every rare once in a while, Vanessa punishes them. The past few years of school has been making it harder to turn a blind eye to people sucking,though.
- Two years ago, Vanessa managed to get herself in so much trouble at another school that her family had to move. Now she's a junior at Aspen Hill School in Jersey, getting her life on track and working hard to get into a good college. Vanessa grew up knowing magic was real. It's a shame her dad doesn't think so; he's pretty hostile to the whole idea. Her mother's been very supportive...but her mom is one of those annoying New Age types who keeps trying to get Vanessa to acknowledge 'the power of crystals' and burns really bad incense. Vanessa's more of a primal type. Her parents are financially rather stable and financially well-off, although they keep trying to impress upon Vanessa to have a sense of responsibility and get a job.
- Vanessa's...weird. She decks herself out in long earthy-colored dresses, nice pentagram jewelry, and tends to be a quiet sort. Sometimes people mistake her for a Renaissance fair fan. She loves videogames, though, but she doesn't tend to tell anyone that.
- What she can't stand? She can't stand popular people. Vanessa used to have braces when she was younger and had her head shaved once for lice when she was a kid, and the mockery was brutal. So nowadays, she's got a short fuse for being teased by anyone popular.
She's taking a couple of advanced placement courses this year for college credit.
- The time for subtlety and patience is over. You're too powerful to put up with their garbage any longer. You hex anyone who slights you. All of your hexes have unexpected side effects, and are more effective than you are comfortable with. To escape your Darkest Self, you must offer peace to the one you have hurt the most.
Character in Dark Times At Aspen Hill