Well of Nimue: Character 1
"Sorry about the recitation, Professor, but Basil just shed his skin, would you like to have a look?"
Black Sheep, Blue Blood Brief description of Aspect
- Invoke: When using his family status to get away with something
- Compel: When someone resents him because of his family, or a fellow Pureblood looks down on him
This aspect sums up your character in a short, punchy phrase, such as The Boy Who Lived, Smartest Girl In The Room or Working Class Wizard.
The Shirker of Slytherin Brief description of Aspect
- Invoke: When trying to evade responsibility or avoid teachers
- Compel: When his reputation catches up with him, or he's caught out unprepared
This sums up not just what house or school your character is, but your relationship to it, such as Reluctant Slytherin or World Famous Beauxbaton Duelist. Note: Our story takes place at Hogwarts, but characters may be returning Hogwarts students or may be there on exchange from another wizarding school. Exchange students will still be sorted into one of the four Hogwarts' Houses for the year.
Wizarding World Aspects
Struggling Against a Dark Destiny Brief description of Aspect
- Invoke: Something inexplicably breaks his way, or someone exciting takes an interest in him, because, hey, destiny!
- Compel: When he's troubled by dark dreams or stalked by would-be followers or pulled into a teacher's strange machinations
Afraid of the OWLs Brief description of Aspect
- Invoke: When he uses his fear to spur on his studies
- Compel: When the pressure gets to him and he blanks out, or does something crazy to relieve the pressure
Each Wizarding World Aspect represents the most noteworthy thing that happened to your character in a previous year. They can lean positive, like, Named Head Boy or they could lean negative like, Lost The Big Quidditch Match Singlehandedly. Even something like My Mother Was A Deatheater can be used for good invokes and compels. First year students should start with one aspect, while returning students should start with 2. As returning students, you will each be starting with two Wizarding World Aspects.
Approaches are Careful, Clever, Flashy, Forceful, Quick, and Sneaky. Set one at +3, two at +2, two at +1, and one at +0.
Wood: Dogwood | Core: Rougarou Hair | Flexibility: Whippy Only 9" long Wand Stunt:
- It's What You Can Do With It
Dunstan gets +2 to Flashily Overcome with his wand; hexes and charms tend to come out of his wand brightly colored and accompanied by loud whooshing noises.
Each wand starts with one free stunt. Stunt should be (loosely) relative to the wand's Wood, Core, and Flexibility (see section on Wands on the main wikipage for details).
Basil: An emerald green, very intelligent ball python; he almost seems like the Slytherin badge come to life
- Would you like to pet my snake?
Because Basil is the Only Snake Familiar, once per session Dunstan can create a scene with Basil to draw attention away from something else, or to get away from an awkward confrontation.
- Because I'm a Charming Rascal, once per session I can get a favor or permission out of an authority figure for something quick or minor
- Dunstan's grown up around the 28 Pure Blood Families and knows a lot of the Wizarding world's elites, or at least knows the gossip surrounding them. He gets a +2 to Sneakily Create advantages while in conversation with other pureblood or the Ministry.
- Dunstan got bullied a lot when he was younger before he learned to be charming and outrageous, and he's still got the reflexes to show for it: he can use a +2 to Quickly Defend in duels or magical combat.
Stress & Conditions
Dunstan Rosier, 5th year Slytherin. "When people hear my last name, they usually pause for a moment to wonder if I'm related to that other Rosier. Well, it depends: do you mean my grandfather, who died in the First Wizarding War fighting on the, erm, other side? Or my uncle who survived the war only to get creamed by Mad-Eye Moody? Sometimes a very old witch is thinking of my great-aunt, who was thick as thieves with a certain Grindelwald -- and then there's my cousin Felix, who made Prefect and is a disgusting little swot.
For my part, I'm best known for persuading my fellow young Slytherins to hide in their rooms and eat up my chocolates during the Battle of Hogwarts, which might have saved some lives but gave me a certain reputation...I think of it as a quiet sort of heroism, not the noisy Gryffyndor kind... What side of the battle was I on? The winning side, my dear boy. Look, you can come out and say it, I'm quite aware everyone thinks I'm the so-called Third Rose and I'm just waiting for the next Dark Lord to come along so I can get his tattoo across my phiz and start doing beastly things, but doesn't that sound like an awful lot of work? I don't expect I'm going to live all that long anyway on account of the curse, so why bother. The Rosier Curse... it's a dreadful burden, don't try to make me feel better, you'll only put yourself at risk, well, perhaps you could let me see your History of Magic notes... that would make me feel a little better...
What do you mean, you haven't heard of the Rosier Curse? It's right there in the Pure-Blood Directory by Augustus Knott, they've got a copy in the library. Look, pure-blood is all right to say, it's the other thing that we don't say anymore, and my blood is of the purest and bluest strain imaginable... it's so boring... think of all the teas I've had to sit through in the parlors of the other Sacred Twenty-Eight Families, all the gossip I've overheard while playing with chocolate frogs and wizard cards, all the speculation about who's in and who's out, who's gone dark and who's bound for Azkaban... To be completely honest, I envy anyone who's muggleborn and doesn't have to think about such things. No, I'm destined for an early grave, preferably after a quick and painless death. That's much better than the alternative, believe me. Now, about those History of Magic notes....
Extra Curricular Classes
Choose two classes beyond the Core Curriculum from the following list: Arithmancy, Care of Magical Creatures, Divination, Muggle Studies, Study of Ancient Runes.
Divination (trying to understand his own family prophecy makes it more interesting) Care of Magical Creatures (half the time the creatures run away and you get to lie about in the grass until the teacher brings it back, the perfect class)