Age Of Dragons: Main Page
SYSTEM BEING SIGNIFICANTLY REDESIGNED FROM GROUND UP. MAY BE A LOT OF INCONSISTENCIES AS UPDATES TAKE PLACE Asklepios 07:55, 17 June 2009 (PDT)
This is a world of high fantasy and epic sorcery, of vast armies clashing and of empires rising and falling.
It is a world populated with a legion of different mortal fantasy races, from noble but imperialistic humans, to fey elves who are bonded to their environment, to orcish scum who ravage and despoil wherever they go.
It is also a world where dragons soar through open skies, whose fiery breath can melt through stone castle walls, and who individually are a match for whole mortal armies.
The difference between this fantasy RPG and others is that the players do not depict the mere mortals that scurry on the earth and cower in fear of greater beings.
In this rpg, the player characters are the Dragons.
The Age of Dragons roleplaying game sets the player characters in the role of young dragons during the First Age.
They will carry these characters through the course of centuries, building legacies and achieving legendary deeds. When their characters finally fall to old age (or more likely die facing the many dangers of the world) the players can then taking the story on with their draconic offspring.
Through the eyes of several generations they will see the Age of Dragons through to its bitter conclusion, and then perhaps carry the story on into the next Age as well.
Game Setting: A World of Dragons
This section contains background information on the setting of the Age of Dragons rpg.
- Biology - What is a Dragon? This page describes the games draconic protagonists.
- Mythology and History - This section details the creation myths and signifcant events of history for dragonkind.
- Culture and Society
Character Generation: The Hatchery
This section provides all the information you need to create a character for Age of Dragons.
- Hatchery Overview - The Character Generation overview, and your starting point for making your Dragon.
- The Twelve Breeds - A guide to the twelve breeds of Dragons.
Game Mechanics: Breath, Bone, Fire and Blood!
This section presents rules systems for playing Age of Dragons.
- Conflict Resolution - The core of the system - how to engage in conflicts.
- Challenge Resolution - Using the rules to resolve non-conflict challenges.
- Advancement and Downtime
Gamesmaster Section: Future Destiny
This is the "official" metaplot storyline for Age of Dragons, which can be used as a guide for Gamesmasters for where to take their stories. If you are intending to play Age of Dragons then do not read this section!
- A Host of Dragons
- Storytelling the passage of time
- Future Destiny: The Age of Demons
- Future Destiny: The Age of Mortals
- Future Destiny: The Age of Rebirth
This is a complete roleplaying game, originally created on the rpg.net wiki by Asklepios.
Additional material contributed by...
THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION! Once complete, it will be more friendly to collaborative contribution, but for now I need to get the game out of my head and onto the screen! Please be patient, but if you're reading already please do leave comments and suggestions on the discussion page.