Firefly: Reavers on the Rim - Ship Distinctions & SFX
Mule kick in a prairie dog package. The Dakota boasts a small profile and large cargo capacity. Boasting double bays and additional cabins for the transport of passengers and/or VIPs, she has a light hull and heavy engines and a varied and complex sensor array. Particularly adept at avoidance and evasion, both in the blue and in the black, the Dakota Class Freighters saw extensive use as blockade runners during the war.
- ☑ Turbo! You really are built for speed. Spend 1 PP to create a Afterburners Asset. Each time you include Afterburners in a dice pool, step it back after you roll.
- ☐ Airfoil Stablizers: Nobody expects a ship to perform well in atmo. While flying in atmo, spend 1 PP to step up or double engines for an action.
You didn’t come by your vessel entirely legal like. Its last known port gutted by Reaver attack, your boat has been reported Destroyed/All Hands Lost by the previous owner, a tong boss and member of the Triads in some standing, who is still quietly keeping an eye out for his missing craft.
- ☐ Flagged: Even when they're not actively looking for you, there's those as have their eye out for a boat as infamous as yours. Take or step up a complication related to your boat's questionable legal status to reroll a die when dealing with the Law.
- ☑ Spoofed Systems: You can hide in plain sight. Spend 1 PP to reroll a pool containing Systems against any attempt to find the ship.
Lots of ships get pressed into service in war - yours was specially outfitted for it. Your ship has been equipped with EMP weapons, specialized gravity drive maneuvering compensators, and tractor beams. These modifications allow your ship to be more maneuverable in capturing smaller, more agile ships. However, the armor plating on your ship had to be pared back.
- ☐ Gannosuke Clutch: Alliance don't classify this gear as weapons, but it's military grade from the height of the war, and it's no joke. The ship’s pilot may spend 1 PP to automatically Take Out a ship that is inflicted with a Complication associated with being grabbed by a tractor beam.
- ☐ Thin Skinned: Your ship's physical defenses are most kindly described as low density. The pilot may step back the ship’s Hull for the rest of the scene to step up Engines for one Action.