Well of Nimue: Character 6
Clarisa Callie Ashford
A broad passion for her studies, but a deeper love for her friends
- Invoke: When she shows that she has studied a scholarly subject or to make her friends or Housemates feel better
- Compel: When her house or friends want her to come along on an adventure or join an extracurricular activity
Everybody's favorite "older" sister in Hufflepuff
- Invoke: When she convinces her friends or house to do what is right (or at least the best among bad options) or to maintain calm amidst chaos
- Compel: To be forced to intervene in disputes or to be asked for an opinion on academic or moral matters by (it seems to her) everyone ("So... there's a friend of mine, and she likes a boy that I really like, but she is bad at approaching boys... what should I do?")
Wizarding World Aspects
A competent duelist and chaser with little genius for either
- Invoke: When the dueling / physical training would be useful
- Compel: To admit (or display) that she is not stellar at either extracurricular activity
A family of means and responsibility
- Invoke: When she uses her family name to gain access to something
- Compel: When her family wants her to do something to "live up to the family legacy"
Approaches are Careful, Clever, Flashy, Forceful, Quick, and Sneaky. Set one at +3, two at +2, two at +1, and one at +0.
Wood: Elm | Core: Phoenix | Flexibility: Somewhat
The right tool at the right time:
- +1 to Quickly Attack / Defend using her wand in actual life or death combat (i.e., not dueling)
Each wand starts with one free stunt. Stunt should be (loosely) relative to the wand's Wood, Core, and Flexibility (see section on Wands on the main wikipage for details).
Blackheart: Common Raven
Her Mother's Raven:
- +2 to Create an Advantage when Blackheart has time to recon an area and report back
Your pet or familiar gets one free stunt appropriate to the type of animal.
Always has her nose in a book:
- +2 to Carefully Create an Advantage for her classes by studying
- +2 to Cleverly Create an Advantage to be used by someone on her "team" (for example, the dueling or quidditch teams)
A Friend in Need:
- +2 to Carefully Overcome Consequences on others
Stress & Conditions
In addition to whatever description you choose to put here, your character's background should endeavor to answer the following questions: What was I doing during the Battle of Hogwarts (two years prior)? Were you at the school at all? Did you participate? What side of the conflict were you on? What was my focus before the battle? What were your favorite classes/things to learn? What did you see yourself doing after school was finally over? What is my focus in the aftermath of the battle? It has been two years since the battle. How did it change or temper your answers to the question above? How has it affected how you move forward as a witch or wizard? Who are my parents/guardians, and what (if any) is their place in the wizarding world? Are you pureblood, *mudblood, or are the details of your ancestry uncertain? Is either of your parents muggleborn? Both? Is their knowledge of the wizarding world a new thing or something they're steeped in? Or have they been made to forget? *Note: This pejorative term is now officially designated as hate speech and strictly not tolerated in the school.
Extra Curricular Classes
Choose two classes beyond the Core Curriculum from the following list: Arithmancy, Study of Ancient Runes.