Yoanna Scathing is a character in St. Jude's Monsterhearts played by Mr. Prim.
Name: Yoanna Scathing
- Looks: Yoanna usually has a tense look to her. Her eyes far away, distracted, her shoulders hunched. But when she turns those piercing blue eyes on you, they seem to turn you to ash and suck everything out of you.
- Origin: Yoanna has been chosen by dark forces for a mysterious and, likely, dangerous purpose.
- Piercing Eyes
- She's black and has short curly hair
- She's got tattoos (complicated, geometric, ritual-like symbols) that shift when not looked at and grow larger as Nergal's hold grows
Emissary for Nergal the Emissary
It's a Dark sort of demon - one of intuition and spellcraft rather than Cold Malice, Hot Passion, or Volatile Chaos.
- Hot 0
- Cold -1
- Volatile 1
- Dark 1
- Soul Debt (Dark Power: Nergal, the Emissary)
Name a dark power that you owe a debt to. Choose two Bargains that it has made with you. It can hold Strings against you. Whenever it collects 5 Strings against you, trigger your Darkest Self.
- Elsewise Power You can give the dark power a String to use a move you don’t have, just this once.
- Strings Attached You can ask the dark power for something that you really, really want. The MC will attach a price to the thing you want, and hint at an undesired twist in its nature. If you pay the price, you’ll get what you’re after.
- Can't Save Myself
When somebody saves you from forces too powerful for you to reckon with, they mark experience, and you gain a String on them.
Sex Move When you have sex, the dark power loses a String on you and gains a String on whoever you had sex with.
Darkest Self You can’t get what you need, anymore. The world has left you cold and alone, shivering in the wake of your own addictions. The dark power will make some open-ended demands of you. Whenever you fulfill those demands, remove a String it holds on you. You escape your Darkest Self when the dark power has no more Strings on you, or when you agree to an even worse bargain with an even more dangerous dark power.
Made a wish for Eirin Austnes
Yoanna's (single) father is a teacher at the school and fairly devout. His daughter, on the other hand, is an Atheist (or, at this point, a Maltheist). Her father believes she's just going through a teenage rebellion phase -- which IS true, demonic influence not withstanding. She's not letting a little demon possession push her running to churches and crosses... Hell, if anything, the existence of terrible extradimensional beings that want to eat us all is a sign of the fallibility, nonexistence, or downright evil of the Abrahamic God! (Hint: this is a sore point for her)
She's an 12th year and is focusing her studies on art, to the dissappointment of her father, the Further Maths instructor.