An Arcology is a structure designed for very densely populated, ecologically low-impact human habitats. These structures feature various methods and attempts to pack thousands, even millions of people into small spaces with a reasonable level of comfort and efficiency.
Many high tech shadows connected to the King Random's Deck-KRD feature various attempts at creating Arcologies
|Alda Cora]||Anorusa||Frasika Spire|
|Krotuc||Rondo Block Communities||Spire of Regis|
Alda Cora Model Arcologies
- The Coasarect of Alda Cora Prima is an Arcology in the world of Trinea. This highly advanced construction houses 1.2 million people and was the prototype for many other constructions in the Alda Cora Model. There are hundreds of other arcologies on this planet but the Alda Cora Model is by far the most preferred and influential.
Residential Districts: Alda Cora has 4 distinct residential districts;Green , Purple , Orange & Gray . Access to the Green level is extremely restricted and monitored. The region is generally not open to the public from outside the arcology. Purple is more open to access but is still heavily monitored. Orange and Gray zones are open to the general public but are monitored in case there are incidents.
- Green is luxurious and exclusive. Archology administrators, business leaders, wealthy, and celebrities inhabit these levels. In most Alda Cora models the Green District often has upper division universities.
- Purple and Orange are essentially middle class. Many residents in the Purple and Orange work remotely for locations across the world and in planetary orbits. They also work in a great many of the businesses in the Green, Purple and Orange Districts
- Gray are workers and servants. Most Gray Zone residents and their families work in the Ring, Central & Base Districts. Workers from Gray and Orange district are often involved in the Hydroponic systems that provide produce for the populace and act as part of the water circulation, air purification, and waste processing systems.
Commercial Districts: It has 2 Commercial districts; Ring, and Central.
Industrial Districts: It has one Industrial District; The Base. This is the bottom of the facilities and has large numbers of factories, production and manufacturing facilities. It has large scale hydroponics.
Recreational District: There is one Recreational District; The Peak or Blue District .
- The commercial districts of the Ring and The Central are available to the general public of the entire Arcology as well as to the people outside the facility in the general public. The Ring is between the Blue and Green Sections. The Central is between the Base and the Gray sections.
- The Peak or Blue District is a vast recreational region where all Alda Cora residents interact. There is a cultural element specific to the Peak. In the other regions, residents carry Residential Identification and often wear clothing in color palates representative of their strata. In the Peak the residents take pride in wearing the Blue of Alda Cora and mixing with each other. Despite the different strata there is considerable unity among the residents. Access to the Peak for members of the general public outside the arcology is strictly prohibited. Members of the general public must be guests of a resident. Purple residents may have unlimited guests. Purple residents have a large number of guest passes. Orange residents have specific days each month they may invite guests to the Peak as well as having a few regular guest passes. Gray residents may invite guests once a month and have a few guest passes for other times.
- Addition Guest passes to the Peak are a frequent gift that may be purchased or won.
- While the Gray District is a residential area for workers and servants, as in all the Archologies, the standard of living is dramatically different then those in similar occupations outside the arcology. Minimal Gray habitations, while small by comparison to other levels, have many of the same elements those outsiide the arcologies would consider luxuries; Food Enhancers, multiple home hydroponic systems, In unit cleaning units.
Recycling and Cleanliness:
While recycling is very common on Trinea in general it is a mania in the Arcologies. Nearly everything is recycled from water to waste. Cleanliness is an extremely important part of the recycling culture. Personal hygiene is part of the recycling process as all residents use sonic showers daily. Sonic cleaning of clothes is a daily process.
Cleanliness is a common trait on Tinea.
Situated in the world of Blighted Land[]. This corporate national arcology is the center of what was once the Chikago metropolitan region, and now over looks the top of Damnation Ally.
While many of this style of Arcology exist across shadow the ones discussed below are in the world of Antheris. The city of Nenton alone has 12. One of the best known is The Rendoltin Plaza anchored by the world famous Newsstand run by Big Jim Torrio.[] This is on the corner of 5th and Bandolier in the city of Nenton, Antheris.
These are a divergent style of arcology from the sealed arcologies. Anorusa Plazas are designed to function as an integral part of a larger community. A standard Anorusa Plaza will have between 50,000 to 200,000 residents, many of which work in the facilities in the arcology. Some plazas include major sporting facilities & franchises, universities, research facilities, or government centers. Others have production, recycling, or corporate facilities. All with the commercial and recreational services for its residents.
Remote work is a major feature of most arcologies and Anorusa Plazas depend on them more then most.
Most arcologies monitor and restrict entrance of non-member populations. This is another difference of the Anorusa model. Anorusa Plazas work by letting non-residents access commercial, industrial and recreational areas openly, while allowing residents to access these areas at largely reduced costs. Items sold in stores of a plaza cost residents 1/4 to 1/2 of their sale price to non-residents.
Many recreational facilities are free to residents. Most plazas include golf courses, fishing and water sports. There are also hiking, cycling, and running paths beside people movers of a variety of styles. Each plaza tries to include a major sports enterprise to anchor extensive recreational facilities. Anorusa Plazas feature a great deal of outdoor actives, far beyond the general inwardly designed arcologies.
Most Plazas have amphitheaters and large concert halls. Competition for performance spaces in different plazas is fierce, with a feature of celebrity in this world being which plazas they play. Celebrity preferences for specific plazas often leads to residents moving in to take advantage of membership access to event spaces. Similar privileges for major professional sports franchises occur as well. Te-a' Clete, a major musical personality has a regular monthly performance in the Sanikia Anorusa Plaza and this has caused her fans to mostly take over the plaza. The Kaddledowns, a Major League Baseball team, and the Resdins, one of their minor league teams are resident in the Trusat Anorusa Plaza in the city of Nenton, Antheris. At the recommendation of the residents the Plaza the stadium was enlarged and several halo-stadiums were built as well. Such situations exist across this world.
Most arcologies feature air and water purification systems to provide resident with air and water of higher quality then available outside the arcology. Anorusa plazas however often contain water and air treatment systems that are used to filter and treat far reaching areas beyond the arcology itself. This is another element of the facility being part of the surrounding populace rather then secluded away from it. The fees and costs of the outer areas using the plaza facilities is part of the profit method allowing residents to pay little or nothing for services. And most treatment facilities are run by plaza residents.
Rondo Block Communities
In the world of Trutos, Rondo Block Communities are structures built around power generation plants using Tralk Generation Power plants. The Tralk Power systems has a variety of negative effects on those interacting withing a mile of the location of the Tralk reaction. While not permanently debilitating, the physical effect is short term but once the initial effect passes it was deemed reasonable to have a employees live in the facility for as year-long term. The wages for a year are enough to cover a two year recovery period. Rondo professionals work in a block for a year, then in non-block locations for two years before returning to the Block.
Living facilities in the Blocks vary but are utilitarian, and long on practical details and short on luxuries. The blocks need about a mile of surrounding area clear of residential and commercial areas since they would react to the same Tralk effects employees will. Most products are imported remotely.
The non-block locations for Rondo employees have a reputation for opulence and comfort as well as lax social mores.
Spire of Regis
The Megatroplois of Unkantar is a gigantic city of 2 billion people that is comprised by many smaller metropolitan areas that eventually pressed up against each other. The planet Hurth has 3 such megatropolis as well as a dozen massive metropolis across this high tech world. While there is a great deal of crime, as one would expect in such a world, the pervasiveness of it is not as great as other worlds with arcologies. However this one megatrolpolies has over 30,000 Treestka Towers.
Unlike other arcologies, the Treestaka Towers are not unique structures but rather a style of design for smaller arcologies. These Towers are moderately sized arcologies existent within great cities. These are different from the generally massive arcologies described on this page. Yet they have many of the same amenities. With populations between 5000 to 50,000 these small structures contain residential and commercial spaces, some industrial spaces. Many recreational They contain hydroponic filtration systems for water, air and a waste. It uses highly efficient recycling. Most Towers are extremely active in managing their Materials In/Materials Out balance.
In many ways the Treestaka Towers are among the most efficient designs of arcologies. Many of the residents of a Tower live the vast majority of their lives inside. In the general design theory is the belief that they arcologies are developing to create self-sufficient designs that could function as less then light speed generational star-ships.
Each Tower has its ruling council and they take the comfort of all their residents extremely seriously. They makes sure everyone can work, eat, relax, and feel secure in the tower. Many of the larger Treestkas even have bodyguards who travel with residents if they need to go places outside the tower, if they request them.
Lisel is here[]
A major nation in the Empire of Remba. []