PotterPRIME: Well of Nimue
A Potterverse RPG for Cortex Prime
"Earth & Cloud / Bone & Fire // Bear & Wolf / Hart & Bee."
Character Files/Meta Currencies
I will update the Character Table on the wiki each time I update the IC thread. Please do not update the table yourselves. I don't want anyone losing Plot Points or Big Damned Hero Dice from double subtraction.
If you feel I have forgotten to update the table or that my math is wrong, let me know OOC or DM me and I will fix it. Likewise, if I make a mistake on the Character/GM Complications/Assets lists, let me know and I'll fix it. These also get updated when I update the IC thread.
|Callisto Di Mercurio||Potted Plant||2||3|
Complications and Assets
Note: Assets with 2 PP invested will be marked with an [A] to denote arc-long assets.
Wildwood Academy: School Motto
The school's motto is: "a caelo usque ad centrum" which means "from the sky to the center" which are reportedly the last words spoken by Nimue before departing the world.
Wildwood Academy: Setting Details
HERE are details about the origins and particulars of the Wildwood Academy south and west of Chicago in the americas.
HERE are details about the Great Tree and its satellite Grove.
Wildwood Academy: Loremasters, Students, and Staff
HERE is a list of GMCs attached to the Wildwood Academy.
Wildwood Academy: Core and Elective Classes and Clubs
HERE is a list of Classes and Clubs students can attend or belong to at the Wildwood Academy.
Spells, Charms, and Incantations
This is a list of Spells used in the potterverse for reference. I am not investing these spells with mechanical weight, but there is plenty of story potential to be tapped.
Also for reference for those who might be interested. I am not investing these aspects with mechanical weight, but there is plenty of story potential to be tapped.
THIS PAGE has all you need to build a start of game character.
- You are welcome to use the following Template for your character sheet or replace it with your own format.
- Character Advancement
- Wiki Edits: If you are waiting for moderation on your character wiki, go to HERE to get put on the pre-approved list.
THESE are the mods we will be using for this game.
Plot Point Bidding
PBP format doesn't work well for Player/GM back and forth, so I do my best to avoid it. This means the bidding aspect of spending PP on a roll kinda drops off. Instead, I find it helpful for players to indicate (if you are able) how many PP/HD you are willing to spend (if any) to succeed on the roll. I will do my best to make sure those PP are spent as economically as possible to achieve your desired outcome.
If my NPC is willing (presuming I have the PP to burn) to spend enough GM PP that you cannot succeed, I will let you know that so you don't have to burn PP if you don't want to on a failed action (though you always have the option to spend your PP to force me to spend mine in those situations).
If I am requiring an action of you (defending vs an attack, random notice check, etc) I will roll stakes so you know what you are rolling against, and I will tell you what PP I am willing to spend. I don't generally pre-roll for actions I think you might take no matter how obvious it might seem, because I don't want to influence how you choose to act in a scene.
While the core game implies a fairly significant amount of player vs player conflict, I prefer not to run games that lean heavily to that assumption. If you wan't to do something that directly acts against another player there are two options.
- Unilateral Permission: The other player agrees to your action. No rolls are needed. Just RP it out.
- Limited Permission: The other player doesn't agree that it is an automatic thing, but does agree to let the dice decide.
Note: If the players involved do not agree to PVP, it doesn't happen. Move on with something else.
Orokos Online Dice Roller.
Absences Thread If you can't post for whatever reason let us know here or in OOC.
- I am asking for a daily posting commitment for this game as a general rule, with the understanding that posting might be less frequent on weekends and holidays.
- If you will NOT be able to post, for whatever reason, please ping us in OOC so we know what is going on or post to the Absences Thread (I pretty much check that thing every time it lights up).
- Please bold your character's name at the top of each IC post OR bold the first instance of your character's name in the body of the post. We all game with lots of folk, sometimes with the same players in different games; this just makes it easier to keep track of which character we're addressing.
- If you are addressing another PC in your post it is helpful to bold their character name as well so it stands out for them.
- OOC blocks are fine for showing dice rolls and brief OOC comments directly related to a particular post. Please sblock if you need to include large blocks of text related to your IC post. All other OOC content should go in the OOC thread itself.
- Please link all dice rolls back to your dice roller.