Firefly: Can't Take the Sky from Me
Character Files/Meta Currencies
|Manuel “Mel” Krause||Captain||Muskrat||4||1||3|
|Cat Salazar||Ship's pilot||squidheadjax||1||4|
|Gabriel Roux||Knifey Conman||Iustum||1||3|
|Patience Jones||Companion with a Gun||Shawn Hagen||2||1||1||2|
|Weíxiū Tsiolkovsky||Techgnostic Cultist||Harlander||3||1||2|
|Kristen Sobaka||Ship's Doctor||QuZi||1||2|
Complications and Assets
Note: Assets with 2 PP invested will be marked with an [E] to denote episode-long assets.
You are welcome to use the following Template for your character sheet or replace it with your own format. Just make sure skills, distinctions, and signature assets are clearly labeled with their appropriate die notation as well as which distinction triggers are active and available for use.
The Duizhang De Duzhu (Captain's Wager) is a Dakota Class Light Freighter that saw much use as an Independence aligned stockade runner during the Unification War.
Banked Ship Episodes: 
The Story So Far . . .
A Ship and Her Crew
The Captain's Wager was retired after the war, passing from service to private hands without note or fuss. Because of her wartime fame - or infamy - however, she proved a less than ideal vessel to run jobs among the core worlds. Venture after ventured foundered or failed, and she passed through many hands. Many times an owner thought to just scrap her and be done, but every time some crazy rube would get caught up in her story and drop his last credit to have her.
The latest crazy rube to have that honor is Octavius Malcus III, and he's putting a crew together . . .
Chinese Slang & Firefly Phrases For adding color to how your character speaks.
Orokos Online Dice Roller.
Absences Thread If you can't post for whatever reason let us know here or in OOC.
- I am asking for a daily posting commitment for this game as a general rule, with the understanding that posting might be less frequent on weekends and holidays.
- If you will NOT be able to post, for whatever reason, please ping us in OOC so we know what is going on or post to the Absences Thread (I pretty much check that thing every time it lights up).
- Please bold your character's name at the top of each IC post OR bold the first instance of your character's name in the body of the post. We all game with lots of folk, sometimes with the same players in different games; this just makes it easier to keep track of which character we're addressing.
- If you are addressing another PC in your post it is helpful to bold their character name as well so it stands out for them.
- OOC blocks are fine for showing dice rolls and brief OOC comments directly related to a particular post. Please sblock if you need to include large blocks of text related to your IC post. All other OOC content should go in the OOC thread itself.
- Please link all dice rolls back to your dice roller.
While the core game implies a fairly significant amount of player vs player conflict, I prefer not to run games that lean heavily to that assumption. If you wan't to do something that directly acts against another player there are two options.
- Unilateral Permission: The other player agrees to your action. No rolls are needed. Just RP it out.
- Limited Permission: The other player doesn't agree that it is an automatic thing, but does agree to let the dice decide.
Note: If the players involved do not agree to PVP, it doesn't happen. Move on with something else.