The Liberation of Husbaleve
rstites's Twisted OD&D Game
The great city of Husbaleve lies on the western coast of the Kerrol Sea. It was once a great trading city, but several generations back invading creatures from the mountains to the west descended on the city. Humanity fought a slow, grinding holding action against the monsters, having only retained the warehouse and docks below the seawall. For a couple of generations, humanity has set up and lived in this area as the monsters turned their interests on each other. The guilds and great families of the city (with imported wealth) have nurtured and developed their best and brightest with the hopes of retaking their city. Your characters are that hope.
- Azure Sky Blue Elf Mystagogue of the Night Vigil played by Hituro
- Barstuhl the Tall Fighter, played by Kenco
- Geris Trocken Sorcerer played by Monster Mash
- Laleh the Seventh Tide Red Elf Warrior Mage played by Sam I Am
- Quarta Cashiered centurion played by Lysus
- Tival Orlen Aristocracy of House Orlen played by downer
- North of the River
- Chainspire Island
Surrounding Lands farmlands to the north, bay to the east that leads into the sea to the west
- Easterners (e.g. Barstuhl the Tall)
- Elves, Blue (e.g. Azure Sky)
- Elves, Red (e.g. Laleh the Seventh Tide)
Chronicle and Plans
- Short-term plans:
- The keep on the island - so far we've been pretty successful there as we've only taken some normal injuries to a character, no level drains or serious threats. There must be some nastier stuff about I would guess, but so far the zombies and skeletons have been easy for us to reduce. I favour just seeing if we can get a little more research for the island done then hitting it again as I think we need to find where the device creating the undead is and destroy it. I think that is also what creates the pall over the keep. Reopening the harbour will really make things more viable for the population and give us a chance to get some proper henchmen that can make the party stronger to take on the trolls and gatehouse.
- The gatehouse. We are significantly tougher as a party with 2 spell casters and more magic that can be used to confuse enemies and get through barriers, with Invisibility, Knock and Ventriloquism we can do a lot with a good plan as Sleep is not that useful against 3HD bugbears. As we have the negotiation with them I'm not keen on attacking till we see how they act when food is brought in.
- Longer-term plans:
- Trolls - I want to put that off a while, till more of the party have levelled as the fighters will improve their attacks at L4 though maybe not all the time till Geris gets to L5 and researches fireball though that would be really useful against them.
- Orcs across the river. There is a lot of city left to reconquer and it will be tougher as we've only faced the lower level and less organised goblins. Ideally get the Orc bands fighting each other first then start mopping up weakened remnants.
- Going upriver to see what is poisoning it - probably after we've dealt with the trolls and the island as I think we're going to need to be tough to deal with whatever drove the goblins and orcs into the city.