The Liberation of Husbaleve
rstites's Twisted OD&D Game
The great city of Husbaleve lies on the western coast of the Kerrol Sea. It was once a great trading city, but several generations back invading creatures from the mountains to the west descended on the city. Humanity fought a slow, grinding holding action against the monsters, having only retained the warehouse and docks below the seawall. For a couple of generations, humanity has set up and lived in this area as the monsters turned their interests on each other. The guilds and great families of the city (with imported wealth) have nurtured and developed their best and brightest with the hopes of retaking their city. Your characters are that hope.
- Azure Sky Blue Elf Mystagogue of the Night Vigil played by Hituro
- Triston Penda Acolyte of the Night Vigil
- Geris Trocken Sorcerer played by Monster Mash
- Llurryn Cwll Red Elf Warrior Sorcerer from the East, played by Roadscholar.
- Oddöne the Ogrin Fighter, retainer and friend.
- Laleh the Seventh Tide Red Elf Warrior Mage played by Sam I Am
- Drarrk the Pact-Binder Goblin L5 Warrior, played by Atlictoatl
- Ag'ra Stakk Ar, Goblin Shaman, spiritual advisor to Drarrk, captured and held by ???
- V'kasst, the Sibilant Sorrow GoblinOther L2 Sorcerer
- Arsii son of Yul Warrior from the Wilderness of Embers played by Black Adder LXX
- North of the River
- Chainspire Island
- Husbaleve: Lower City
- Western City
- Southwestern City
- Eastern City
- Southern City
Surrounding Lands farmlands to the north, bay to the east that leads into the sea to the west
- Easterners (e.g. Barstuhl the Tall)
- Elves, Blue (e.g. Azure Sky)
- Elves, Red (e.g. Laleh the Seventh Tide)
Chronicle and Plans
- Index of Events
- Recently done, needing further attention:
- The keep on the island - complete refurbishment, garrison it
- Goblins south of the river - Xuag being down and Warlord Barstuhl means we have no immediate threat but need to see how to use them against any enemies and avoid conflict with the Husbaleve enclave.
- Blue Elf monastery - Azure Sky prepare it for reoccupation
- The gatehouse. Ceded to us by the bugbears who now act as mercenaries. Now establish garrison and try and pacify immediate area outside so that there is scope for starting up agriculture.
- Short-term plans:
- From GM: Most the council push is to finish off the bugbears and trolls, and then to go explore the river.
- Trolls - cleared all known groups. Time to find if any more exist.
- Harpies - very dangerous due to their charm effect and flying.
- Wyverns - still a bit strong for us to deal with.
- Eastern city - need to investigate Lycanthropes and cursed goblins. Formalise the relationships with Queen Tai's people and the Tami.
Giant ants/vermin - could be useful to start clearing up these, particularly as the followers level up and might be able to do a separate mission against them while the main characters are on downtime.
- Library - need to sort out the oil to keep the elemental controlled and get Azure Sky strong enough to deal with the ghost of the librarian. Got around 3-4 months to deal with the oil now. How much time is left?
- Longer-term plans:
- Going upriver to see what is poisoning it - after we've dealt with the trolls and the monastery as I think we're going to need to be tough to deal with whatever drove the goblins and orcs into the city.
- Hooks from GM:
- I don't want to put this in the IC because you can figure out how you come by the information for each of you. There are a few points on the far side of the river that may interest one or more of you, that you have rumours about:
- Blue Elf monastery: sacred to the blue elves, of course. It will be desirable to visit it and put the dead to rest there, but also there is supposed to be a store of knowledge and potential magical artifact of some sort.
- Red Elf Enclave: possible information on origin of elves (and goblins?), possible lost relics. There's less information on this, but it does exist.
- Library: a private storage of knowledge existed, and is rumored to have been locked up. It holds a vast store of knowledge, which the city council would love to have, but also a number of pieces of information that several you might want. It also may grant access to some spells. No promises on this one. It's treasure-trove, but a very random one!