- 1 Background
- 2 Personality
- 3 Physical Description
- 4 Conversations
- 5 Stories
- 6 Miscellaneous
- 7 Character Sheet
- 8 Links
HUMAN RESOURCES: ASSET STATUS REPORT
User Name: Joshua Drake
Official Asset Manager: Virgil Franklin
Ever since Asset 21365-5 was acquired from his original family on Osiris at the age of 10, he has been one of Human Resources’ success stories. The boy had reader abilities strongly linked to empathic reading along with a innate but latent talent for voice mimicry. He was trained and put through the standard procedures. Extra emphasis was given on training his attention to detail and memory as well as blastomere skin and plastic surgery for certain facial features. His height was capped at 5’8” thanks to certain height inhibiting hormones, with the idea that extra height can always be added but taking height can prove to be difficult.
Drake was the first of the Borrower subclass of assets, designed to be able to use disguise, natural linguistic talent, forgery talent, and reader abilities to substitute for another person’s identity. He was the first asset added to the Situational Replacement Division (SRD).
As part of the SRD, Drake adds to the asset line in 4 key areas:
- Direct Compensation – When one of our partners or higher placed employees has needed to be in two places at once or needed an alibi, SRD has provided Drake as a substitution. Direct payment is usually the norm, although occasionally a line of political credit is opened for them.
- Asset Gathering/Removal - Drake, without the knowledge of the individual, borrows their identity to gather information or key physical assets. In a Item or Information Existence Reversal (IIER), Drake will be sent to make sure the information or asset is destroyed and is no longer in the hands of a competitor.
- Forcible Credit Extension – Upon occasion, certain individuals will need to have their line of political or financial credit with the main branch forcibly extended for future considerations. In these cases, a substitution by Drake leads to information that the individual would prefer to stay sealed in the HR Records division, allowing the main branch to ask for appropriate compensation.
- Corporate Expansion – Often, the main branch needs to have a presence in places where the corporation currently does not reach. Drake’s ability to borrow someone’s identity allows the corporation to be in places where it might otherwise be inconvenient to have a visible company presence.
Drake, at the time of this status report, is currently on a corporate expansion mission for the Chemical Military Assets department.
The love interest has begun to grow restless and Drake senses it as the relationship faltering. The current interest will need to be written out shortly and a new one provided within the next 6 months.
A continued protest is logged over letting Drake establish a personal skill at cooking. While the skill itself is harmless, Drake’s personal sense of self has been kept minimal in order to better facilitate his ability to become someone else. Any sort of personal life makes that more difficult. The love interest is tightly controlled, at least and is never allowed to progress to the point of concern.
In a related concern, as of late, he has begun asking occasional questions about the results of old assignments and the events of current ones. While these questions have been easily deflected, it is important to continue to keep an eye on Drake over the next few assignments – if the questioning continues, then procedures will have to be invoked In order to bring the problem under control.
However, these are minor concerns, at best. Drake’s continued success reflects well upon the department – Drake has already been requested for several assignments upon his return from the IAV Trafalgar.
This report has been officially endorsed by:
When not playing a role, Joshua is an easy to please, eager to please individual, thinking very much about other people and less about himself, to a fault, really. Years and years of following orders and playing the part of other people have worn away his sense of self.
He has an everyman sort of feel about him. Black hair and unremarkable features lead to a face that noone would notice twice in passing. He's shorter than the average male at 5'7" but walks with a smooth muscled grace.
- Somewhere in Route to Angel --- 27 Jun 2520 (with Nika)
- Wake --- 17 Aug 2520 (with Rina)
- Admissions --- 23 Aug 2520 (with Rina)
In the Dark: Between Season 2 and 3
- Executive Decision --- 21 Sep 2520 (with Nika)
- Shadowboxing --- 28 Sep 2520 (with Rina)
- A Judicious Application of Heat ––– 01 Oct 2520 (with Rina)
- Backstop ––– 01 Oct 2520 (with Rina)
- Distilled Spirits --- 21 Oct 2520 (with Rina, Nika, and Faria)
- In Vino Patefacio ––– 21 Oct 2520 (with Rina)
- Before and After --- 26 Oct 2520 (with Rina)
- The Blind Leading the Blind --- 05 Nov 2520 (with Arden)
- Connection --- 05 Nov 2520 (with Rina)
- The Blond Leading the Blind --- 07 Nov 2520 (with Nika)
- Interrupted --- 08 Nov 2520 (with Rina and Nika)
- Reckoning --- 11 Nov 2520 (with Rina)
- Janus Gambit --- 12 Nov 2520 (with Rina and Nika)
- Milestone --- 14 Nov 2520 (with Rina)
- Answers Lost, Events Questioned, and Chickens Pondered --- 16 Nov 2520 (with Arden)
- Command --- 16 Nov 2520 (with Rina)
- Clarion --- 16 Nov 2520 (with Rina)
- Dark Places --- 16 Nov 2520 (with Rina)
- Whispers --- 21 Nov 2520 (with Rina)
- What Lies Beneath? --- 23 Nov 2520 (with Nika)
- Reassurance --- 02 Dec 2520 (with Rina)
- Trusting in Faith --- 09 Dec 2520 (with Faria)
- Unforgiving Minutes --- 11 Dec 2520 (with Nika)
- Home For Christmas --- 24 Dec 2520 (with Rina)
- Intent --- 24 Dec 2520 (with Rina)
- A Gift Freely Given --- 25 Dec 2520 (with Nika)
- Warning Signs --- 05 Jan 2521 (with Nika)
- Surfacing --- 06 Jan 2521 (with Rina)
- Unanchored --- 08 Jan 2521 (with Rina)
- Nothing Is Ever Free --- 29 Jan 2521 (with Nika)
- Rightful Share --- 28/29 Jan 2521 (with Rina)
Lucifer's Landing: Between Season 3 and Season 4
- He Was Not A Robot - Landfall + evening (with Christian, Rina, Nika)
- RP Entry: Geometry of the Heart - Landfall + 4 days (with Rina)
- Bad Haiku - Landfall + 1 week (with Christian)
- Riding the Range - Landfall + 2 weeks (with Nika)
- Done - Landfall + 2.5 weeks (with Rina)
- Making Adjustments - Landfall + 6 weeks (with Rina)
- Self Defense - Landfall + 7 weeks (with Rina)
- Recalibrating – 14 Apr 2521 (with Rina)
- The Man In-Between – 24 May 2521 (with Rina)
- A Turning Point – 24 May 2521 (with Rina)
- Flirting With The Deep End - 04 Jun 2521 (with Rina)
- Quiet Time - 10 Jun 2521 (with Nika)
- The Ones Who Are Lost Still Wait - 19 Jun 2521 (with Nika and Rina)
- On Knife's Edge - 20 Jun 2521 (with Rina)
- Man Up - 25 Jun 2521 (with Harry)
- Taking It All Down - 04 Jul 2521 (with Rina)
- Lagniappe - 09 Jul 2521 (with Rina)
- Cooking Chemistry - 09 Jul 2521 (with Rina)
- Warmth - 12 Jul 2521 (with Rina)
- Reviewing Action - 23 Jul 2521 (with Rina)
- Sometimes It's Enough - 24 Jul 2521 (with Nika)
- Explanations Past (Due) - 27 Jul 2521 (with Kiera)
- Love Me - 30 Jul 2521 (with Rina)
- Reprimand - 01 Aug 2521 (with Nika and Rina)
- Shaken - 01 Aug 2521 (with Rina)
- Friendship Behind Closed Doors - 01 Aug 2521 (with Kiera)
- A Moment Alone - 04 Aug 2521 (with Rina)
- Sale on New Experiences, Aisle 6 - Aug 16 2521 (with Nika)
- Spree - Aug 16 2521 (with Rina)
- Finding Their Way - Aug 19 2521 (with Rina)
- A Different Persepctive On Ideals - Aug 2(?) 2521 (with Nika)
- Heavy Lifting - 04 Sep 2521 (with Rina)
- Buried Pain - 22 Sep 2521 (with Kiera)
- Center - 22 Sep 2521 (with Rina)
- Lyubovniki - 23 Sep 2521 (with Rina)
- A Return To Normal - 23 Sep 2521 (with Rina)
- The Walls Of Jericho - 24 Sep 2521 (with Kiera)
- Chess - 27 Sep 2521 (with Kiera/Rina)
- Breaking Bough - 23 Oct 2521 (with Rina)
- Marry Me - 26 Oct 2521 (with Rina)
Between Season 4 and Season 5
- You Can't Always Get What You Want - 27 Oct 2521 (with Rina)
- New Parameters - 29 Oct 2521 (with Nika)
- Impatient - 01 Nov 2521 (with Rina)
- Twilight - 02 Nov 2521 (with Nika)
- Three Way Street - 11 Nov 2521 (with Rina/Kiera)
- Glimmer of Hope - 12 Nov 2521 (with Nika)
- Many Happy Returns - 13 Nov 2521 (with Rina)
- It's Your Party, You Can Dance If You Want To - 14 Nov 2521 (with Rina/Arden/Nika/Beglan/Kiera)
- It's Never Too Late - 20 Nov 2521 (with Kiera)
- Two Captains - 01 Dec 2521 (with Nika)
- Prods & Worries - 05 Jan 2522 (with Rina)
- What's in a Name? - 05 Jan 2522 (with Kiera)
- Of Course They Will - 05 Jan 2522 (with Nika)
- You said WHAT? - 11 Jan 2522 (with Nika)
- Comfort Level - 11 Jan 2522 (with Rina)
- We're Not Made Of Money - 12 Jan 2522 (with Nika)
- If You Want To Talk About It - 17 Jan 2522 (with Kiera)
- Midnight Snack - 17 Jan 2522 (with Rina)
- On The Edge - 12 Feb 2522 (with Kiera)
- Just Because - 14 Feb 2522 (with Rina)
- Breaking ... Broken – 15 Feb 2522 (with Rina)
- Taking It One Piece at a Time – 23 Mar 2522 (with Rina)
- When The Darkness Seeps In - 02 Apr 2522 (with Kiera)
- Orchard - Apr 14, 2522 (with Rina)
- Futures and Precedents - 10 May 2522 (with Rina)
- Two Mules Don’t Always GeeHaw - sometime after 07 Jun 2522 (with Kiera)
- Trust In Me - sometime after 07 Jun 2522 (with Rina)
- Journal Entry: Happy Birthday to Me - 14 Nov 2520
- Journal Entry: Happier Birthday - 15 Nov 2520
- Journal Entry: One Long Night - 06 Jan 2521
- Agility d8
- Strength d8
- Vitality d8
- Alertness d12
- Intelligence d10
- Willpower d10
- Artistic d8
- Athletics d8
- Covert d8
- Craft d6
- Discipline d6
- Influence d8
- Linguist d6
- Mechanical Engineering d4
- Medical d2
- Perception d12
- Performance d6
- Pilot d6
- Planetary Vehicles d2
- Technical Engineering d6
- Unarmed Combat d10
- Quick Learner - Joshua's natural talent for observation combined with his Reader abilities allows him an uncanny ability to temporarily pick up needed skills.
- Natural Linguist - An ability to pick up languages and accents, partially natural, partially trained.
- Reader - Innate Reader abilities have been focused through various means to allow Joshua to get an empathic feel for a person's personality.
- Total Recall - Joshua never forgets observational details, which is extremely helpful when getting a grasp on a client and their mannerisms.
- Non Fighting Type - Too many bad consequences from fighting. Besides, the threat of violence usually works better than the violence itself.
- Idealist - Joshua truly believes everyone in the Verse has a shot at redemption, which leads him to perhaps to overestimate the good in people.
- Deadly Enemy - His former handlers are NOT happy about that their overly trusting easy mark has slipped his leash. However the new situation in the Verse has toned down their ability to search him out.
- Impulsive - Joshua occasionally acts on his impulses. Sometimes it's charming, other times it ends up with him taking a proto-Reaver bite to the jugular vein.