- 1 Jeweled Amber and the War of Balance
- 2 Quick References
- 3 Campaign Particulars of Note
- 4 Campaigns
- 5 Places
- 6 Kingdom of Amber
- 7 Groups in Amber
- 8 Military of Amber
- 9 People and Beings
- 9.1 Races in Jeweled Amber
- 9.2 Player Characters and Character Information
- 9.3 Heirs and spares
- 9.4 Primal Creature
- 9.5 People of Shadow
- 9.6 Court of Amber and People of Amber
- 9.7 Queens of Amber
- 9.8 Knightly Orders in Jeweled Amber
- 9.9 CHAD-Clean Halls And Dens guild
- 9.10 Wanderers and Far Travelers
- 10 Powers and Game Mechanics
- 11 Specific Creatures
- 12 History, Contemplation, and Conversations of Note
- 13 Things-Items and Artifacts
- 14 Game Mechanic Topics
- 15 Current Games & Past Games
- 16 Quotes
- 17 Other Topics
- 18 Various Veks
- 19 Non Sequiturs
- 20 End Comments
Jeweled Amber and the War of Balance
This was a campaign run in 3 sections
- Call to the Kin: The first campaign was from 1997 to 2003
- Azcala Rising: The second campaign was 2013
- The Red Sword Calls: The third and current campaign began in December 2018
By Michael J. Watson, in Southern California.
There is a lot of the information found in this Wiki concerning the Jeweled Amber game that is information available before the game. If however you come to play in the JR&WoB game consider this information the word on the street , the skinny , the whispers in the dark , the word around the campfire , the rumor I heard Dame Margot tell the Little King Michael in the kitchen , and the same as bold faced lies. Just sayin.
- Diners of Amber The basic guide to all places strange and wonderful. But don't be mistaken to think they are all safe. This is the main article that kept Jeweled Amber alive so long. Read, explore, & enjoy.
- Heirs and spares : A lexicon of Who is Who in the House Bariman.
- Timeline of Jeweled Amber : Whats happened, when it happened, when people entered history.
- Precedence of Powers : A general over view of whats more powerful then what and a bit about them.
- Jeweled Amber Skill Points : A system for ADRPG for developing character's interests.
- CHAD : Clean Halls and Dens-A Mercenary Guild
- The Jeweled Road : The game's namesake and the road from east to west. The Jeweled Road is a single road that starts at the foot of Mount Kolvir and the gates to castle Amber and stretches along paths once taken by the Black Road all the way to the Abyss of Chaos. Along the way roads, trails, paths, highways and great roads were annexed by the magic of the Jeweled Road.
- Jeweled Amber Trump Decks. : The telephone books of Jeweled Amber.
Campaign Particulars of Note
Articles of Submission
Jeweled Amber-Articles of Submission : Random required them of his kith and kin. They are in the tome called King Random's Reign available at all the stylish book stores and most the disreputable taverns.
Stories of the Realm
- also available in King Random' Reign
- Jeweled Amber-Stories
- Jurt and Thin Whip's Place
- Facebook Blurbs
- Facebook posts in an earlier game.
- Opening of Azcala related.
- Arrival of CHAD
"Call to the Kin"-First Campaign-1997 to 2003 -Closed
"Azcala Unleashed"-Second Campaign- 2013-Closed
"Red Sword Calls"-Third Campaign 2018 to present-Ongoing
- As it Begins in the Short Game
- The state of amber as the third game begins.
- Red Sword Calls-FB Posts
- Story Posts in the Red Sword FB Group.
- Diners of Amber : Places in the King Random's Trump Deck.
Empire of Amber
- Kingdom of Vulsara : Originally Vulsar Base or Vulsara which was the headquarters of the Amber Star Fleet
- Acadia : An autonomous Kingdom under the auspices of the Empire of Amber
- Tyalece : An autonomous Grand Duchy under the auspices of the Empire of Amber.
- Rabsan : A series of warlike shadows with a rotating collection of kings, queens, dukes and warlords who constantly fight among each other but all are fiercely loyal to Amber.
Golden Circle Kingdoms
- Rebma:: A Crown Jewel of the Golden Circle-The Second Kingdom
- Thelusia: :A Crown Jewel of the Golden Circle-The Third Kingdom
- Dreana: :A Crown Jewel of the Golden Circle-The Fourth Kingdom
- Diega: : Crown Jewel of the Golden Circle-The Fifth Kingdom. Master of Waters.
- Acadia : The Western Isle.
- Begma: :Breadbasket to Amber
- Kashfa: :Barbarian Splendor
- Calrabon: :Big and Meaty grillmasters to Amber
High Order Constructs-Primal Realms of a Lesser Nature.
- Regor Realm of Czar Nicholas and Czarina Clarissa
- Azcala The Realm of Tonacat
- Alamond-An Amusement Park. No, Really. Its an Amusement park. Nothing sinister about it at all.
- Pócaí A tiny Pocket Realm.
- Atlantis A great realm sealed off from visitors.
- Adagalasck The realm of King Julian & Queen Nina, with Duke Caine and Duchess Emile.
- Bursain A squiggle of note. A burr in the waves of shadow. An unfinished project with sword on the loose.
- Subterra A realm sealed from most visitors recently cracked a slight bit open.
Waymets Rest-stops on the Jeweled Road
- Rue Katal The Headquarters for the Jeweled Road Universal.
- Diego Raks The first Waymet out of Amber.
A major pattern in a fallen shade realm. The Origin realms of the Forces of the Korag Empire and CHAD
- Carardala The Realm of Prince Hamilton []
- Randal in the Vulsara Galaxy
- A somewhat seedy world popular with race enthusiasts and high adventure camping & hiking sportsman.
- Ang Ri a Realm close to Chaos.
Large structural habitations.
- Arcology A conversation about Urban Planning
Kingdom of Amber
- North Riding : a large residential area of the city on the north side.
- Thin Whip's Place : A dive bar of epic proportions.
- Harbor District of Amber
- Theater District of the City of Amber : Theater District.
- Rue Fanasal : Baker's District.
- Throne Room
- Hall of Mirrors
- Great Library of Amber
- Castle Amber
- Dungeon & Prison of Amber
- Active Royal Apartments
Regions of Amber
- Ganarth The Breadbasket of Amber, the path of both the Black Road and the Jeweled Road
- Green Vale
- North Vale Northern Mot The Great City of Ober
- Great Shoals The Ice region on the northern most part of
Groups in Amber
- Constabulary of Amber
- Rangers of Arden
- Amber Elite Guard
- Amber Military Aide Society A civil grou
- Amber Life Guard
- Council of Commentary An advisory body of citizens elected yearly.
From mercantile organizations, fraternal groups, secret societies and the Under-culture.
- Civilian City Cohorts The Military aspirations of non-military citizenry. A very large martial community unconnected to the military of Amber.
- Non-Partisan Anti-Agolith Association A weird secret society that isn't so secret.
- The Green Hand A criminal organization.
- House Clemens A family heavily involved in the management of the Harbors of Amber as well as heavily involved in it criminal element.
Military of Amber
Amber Elite Guardsman Standard Panoply
People and Beings
A Collection of races known in the Shadows of Amber.
Player Characters and Character Information
- Donovan Son of Julian & Cyrene
- Relmopator Son of Satura
- Arloxedra Son of Eric
- Vek Hendrake The Line of Benedict
- Henry Sawall Son of Mandor & Fiona
- Carissa Daughter of Gerard
- Vander Son of Eric
- Macsen Son of Dalt
- Laravella Daughter of Brand
- Truman, son of Gerard
- Vance, son of Delwin
An accounting of the House Bariman and its genealogy.
Creatures of prime powers claiming great power generated by the power of wide variety of creatures of their type.
These are people that can be found in shadow that are not necessarily affiliated with any of the great realms or their circle.
Court of Amber and People of Amber
- Court of Amber
- People of Note
- "No_Knock_List" Those who can walk into King Random's bedchamber any hour of the day or night.
- Servants of Amber
- Guards, Maids, Kitchen Staff,
Knightly Orders in Jeweled Amber
CHAD-Clean Halls And Dens guild
- CHAD : Mercenary guild extraordinaire of the Tosa/York
- Lop: Founder of CHAD-Director of the Palace Commons
- Sir Dolki Fairhand
- Archmage Jeremy Fairhand
- Sir Venki Fairhand
- Lord Digan the Ruby Mage
- King Alexandir_Kos_Korag_III of Tosa
- Dukes Jake and Kirgor : Military Guildmaster of CHAD is Jake Whitetail
- Guiness : My first PC. He wanders Amber shadow at will.
- Ascorbic and Ox A pair of boon companions. PCs of old.
Wanderers and Far Travelers
- Hazarda and Timothy Elhue: two hoopy froods.
- Conf of Shadows The voice in shades
- Nur al Din El musifar The Misplaced High Lord of Chaos
- Tolknor Primal King of York & Lord Protector of Plymouth
- Lik-e Elven Hero
- Vangarious Vanshingor A wanderer and a Total Warrior.
- Various Tosians
Powers and Game Mechanics
Powers & Points
- Costs & Powers-Jeweled Amber High Order Constructs
These are the Powers and point costs associated with the Patterns of Amber & Avalon, the Logrus, and other High Order Constructs.
- Trumps in Jeweled Amber How Trump functions in Jeweled Amber. A system for maipulating High order Constructs.
- Shapechange in Jeweled Amber How shapechange works.
- Sorcery in Jeweled Amber High Order Sorcery
- Conjuration in Jeweled Amber High Order Conjuration
Flavors of the Pattern
Esoteric differences in Pattern Imprints. Wild. Calm.
- Precedence of Powers refers to the various levels of power and importance levels.
- Mal at Riess: A High Order Construct
Low Order magic systems
- Cantrip Low Order simple magics. Easy to learn.
- Warlock Magery A low Order Magical System based on the game Warlock
- Illusionism A Low Order Magical System baed on the game Warlock
- Warlock Clericals Clerical systems based on the game Warlock.
- Jeweled Amber WizardryA low Order Magical System based on AD&D []
- Listry A Low Order Magical System based on Rolemaster & Spell Law
Concepts and Priorities
- Jeweled amber sway : Realms effected by proximity to Amber though not necessarily part of the Golden Circle Signatory Treaty
- Shade Realms : Near shadow reflections of High Order Inscriptions such as Amber.
- Aging in Amber : Effects of High Order Constructs on the Aging process of mortals.
- If I'd died without hope of grace clause : The dangers of taking mortals to Amber.
History, Contemplation, and Conversations of Note
- Eric's Death and Corwin's Regency
- Oberon's Last Court
- The Wave of the Repair
- The Court of Queen Margot
- A conversation on the ramparts.
- The universe is tricky.
- The program of House Hendrake creating a line of Chaosians able to use the pattern of Amber.
- A commentary on a term in common usage.
Things-Items and Artifacts
- Pattern Artifacts
- Known Artifacts
- General Artifacts: A collection of known items.
- The Blades Of Red Gale:Vulcan created, Brand improved.
- Alcohols of Amber
Game Mechanic Topics
Skill System In Amber DRPG
Jeweled Amber Skill Points: This system allows Players & Game Master to gain insight into Pc's interest.
Special Knowledge is an opportunity to add RP elements to a character's background or experiences, either at character creation or during game play.
Current Games & Past Games
The Black Road Less Traveled
Azcala Unleashed-Second Campaign
Player Page While these PCs were part of the Second game it is uncertain if they remain in the active game as NPCs as yet. Some may be included if needed or some may be members of a Shade of Amber.
- Quotes Page Every one should have them.
A game unrelated to Amber. An exercise in minimalism.
The Black Road-A Fanzine
These are articles i submitted to the fanzine. They are seperate works and may not represent how these are run in my game.
The various shadows of Vek
Vek Hendrake in Jeweled Amber
- Vek Hendrake a story place.
- Dark is the Rat A Vek Story.
- Vek's Journal on Randal A place to make music.
- The Journal of Veksvale A place and time in the wilderness.
- Vek in Heirs and Spares[]
- Benedict/Hendrake breeding program
Many Colours, All of them Amber
A personal Amber page with interesting stuff []
Because its funny what you run across.
Zine-The Black Road Mixed Content Storage
- Images used on this site are found online and modified. I do not own the copyright to any of them. They are being used recreationally and are in no way used in a commercial manner. If you hold the copyright to any image and wish it removed put a comment in the discussion section and the image will be removed immediately.
- If you want to use any of the elements you find in the Jeweled Amber Pages you have my permission. I had hoped to find seeds for future books but if there is something you like feel free to make use of it.